Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

• 3 weeks later...

Probs not everyone's cup of tea but I always find myself getting addicted to the jaded lyrics and incredible horn compositions scattered throughout this album.  Lots of good life lessons to be found in here if you can get past the at times preachy, in-your-face atheism.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2016 at 03:04, Carl the Llama said:

Probs not everyone's cup of tea but I always find myself getting addicted to the jaded lyrics and incredible horn compositions scattered throughout this album.  Lots of good life lessons to be found in here if you can get past the at times preachy, in-your-face atheism.

Keaseby Nights was also a great album, i do prefer it to the original Catch 22 version.

I definitely think Streetlight Manifesto's older stuff is a hell of a lot better than the hands that thieve

Edited by TiffToff88

10 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Keaseby Nights was also a great album, i do prefer it to the original Catch 22 version.

I definitely think Streetlight Manifesto's older stuff is a hell of a lot better than the hands that thieve

As much as I can understand why SM released Keasbey and as much as it sounded cleaner and more polished and even expanded on some of the songs, original Keasbey will always have a certain charm to it that the SM version's lacking in my opinion.  I can't listen to the SM version without something picking away at the back of my brain telling me something's not quite right.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

As much as I can understand why SM released Keasbey and as much as it sounded cleaner and more polished and even expanded on some of the songs, original Keasbey will always have a certain charm to it that the SM version's lacking in my opinion.  I can't listen to the SM version without something picking away at the back of my brain telling me something's not quite right.

Got that right. SM's Keasbey Nights re-recording isn't fit the lick the arsehole of the original. I know why they did it, but the end product was horrible - the brass sounds completely flat, the production is too clean and generic, drums are shit, it just felt rushed. 

Think the only thing I liked about SM's version is at the end of the song Keasbey Nights when all the cheering's happening and someone just says "It f**king stinks in here" dunno why but it always makes me laugh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...