Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

Loved this album back in the day. Rhapsody gets so much airplay but the rest of the album is just... wow!

Queen_Night_D_Re_3_enl.jpg

Followed it up with Skyhooks,

MUINT009686_250.jpg

a great 70s Oz band, Im pretty sure that ROOFOX based his lifestyle on skyhooks..and particualrly "smut". I think this album had 4 songs banned from airplay at the time.

It was the 70s remember :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7kY6uQHAA

Edited by ozleicester

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with "Sandinista" - and it's a surprising one. When it was released, a lot of people thought it was self-indulgent and didn't work, sprawling over a triple album and about 36 tracks.

I really liked it back then, but even I'm surprised at how well it's aged. The multiple styles and sprawling length work really well if you're lucky enough to have 2 hours or whatever on your hands, or are doing something that can be combined with listening to music. Like listening to an exceptionally good music radio programme. I remember Strummer commenting that he saw it as an album for people on oil rigs, with time on their hands.

Have listened to "London Calling" several times recently, too, for the first time in years - and was left wondering why I'd not done it in ages, though that's a recognised classic. It's still amazing how they progressed within a couple of years from the 1st album (brilliant, but very basic punk rock) via the 2nd album (their poorest album, but with 2 of their best tracks - "Safe European Home" and "Stay Free") to "London Calling" with its exceptional musical range, originality and consistently high quality

I agree with "Sandinista" - and it's a surprising one. When it was released, a lot of people thought it was self-indulgent and didn't work, sprawling over a triple album and about 36 tracks.

I really liked it back then, but even I'm surprised at how well it's aged. The multiple styles and sprawling length work really well if you're lucky enough to have 2 hours or whatever on your hands, or are doing something that can be combined with listening to music. Like listening to an exceptionally good music radio programme. I remember Strummer commenting that he saw it as an album for people on oil rigs, with time on their hands.

Have listened to "London Calling" several times recently, too, for the first time in years - and was left wondering why I'd not done it in ages, though that's a recognised classic. It's still amazing how they progressed within a couple of years from the 1st album (brilliant, but very basic punk rock) via the 2nd album (their poorest album, but with 2 of their best tracks - "Safe European Home" and "Stay Free") to "London Calling" with its exceptional musical range, originality and consistently high quality

Bloody hell don't you think their last album Cut The Crap was worse??

BlueLines.jpg

Classic!!

Bloody hell don't you think their last album Cut The Crap was worse??

You have a point there. I tend to forget about that or even not view it as a Clash album, as Mick and Topper had gone by then.

Haven't heard it for years but don't remember it being very good, apart from "This is England", which was OKish.