Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tilley

Match of the Day quiz.

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What's the most you have ever won on this fine 50p a play game?

I got to the semi-finals once which won me £5.

I can't stand when you have loads of away ties and get stuck with 'Science and Nature' questions.

I do love a good challenge, replacing the studs is stupidly easy.

Posted (edited) · Report post

What's the most you have ever won on this fine 50p a play game?

I got to the semi-finals once which won me £5.

I can't stand when you have loads of away ties and get stuck with 'Science and Nature' questions.

I do love a good challenge, replacing the studs is stupidly easy.

Every time I go to a pub with one of these I waste so much money on it, then stupidly feel satisfied when I win £2/3 on it on my last go after spending over a fiver.

Fun though.

[

Edited by Mikey

Posted · Report post

MOTD is for Chumps. It's all about doubling up to a £1 on pub quiz and then going for broke on Deal Or No Deal. This tactic has won me anything from about 30p to £20. And a lot of failures.

I once won a Sat Nav on Stacker.

stacker-prize-vendor.jpg

No way! I spent about £20 on one of those stacker things about 4 years ago, and the last 14 times I got it up to the top one but always landed 1 block to the left...I was sure they were fixed so you couldn't win.

Posted · Report post

No way! I spent about £20 on one of those stacker things about 4 years ago, and the last 14 times I got it up to the top one but always landed 1 block to the left...I was sure they were fixed so you couldn't win.

There's a delay, so most times it'll screw you over, but then one in fifty times (or whatever it's set at) you get to that final line it'll pay out. It was a pub I used to frequent regularly when I was at Uni and they said they had a winner every couple of months. It's the only time I've ever won the major prize on it and it was also the drunkest I've ever been playing it. Maybe that's the tactic.

Posted · Report post

The best quiz on machines like that is the Premier League football one, where you have a seasons worth of questions. Ridiculously good game, value for money, chance of winning, heaven.

Shame i've only ever seen it once, in Sheffield.

Posted · Report post

The best quiz on machines like that is the Premier League football one, where you have a seasons worth of questions. Ridiculously good game, value for money, chance of winning, heaven.

Shame i've only ever seen it once, in Sheffield.

I won the jackpot on that at university. We needed a win on the last day of the season, a tricky looking away match at Liverpool.

'What industry did former Liverpool player Roger Hunt go in to after he retired from football?'

If I recall correctly it was road haulage. Fortunately I had a very lucky guesser assisting me.

Posted · Report post

I won the jackpot on that at university. We needed a win on the last day of the season, a tricky looking away match at Liverpool.

'What industry did former Liverpool player Roger Hunt go in to after he retired from football?'

If I recall correctly it was road haulage. Fortunately I had a very lucky guesser assisting me.

Such a good game. :wub:

Every itbox machine I see I pray it has it on, never has :(