Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

Best Night Club That Used To Be In Leicester?

117 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you strut your stuff?

• Mr Kiesas
    • Krystals
    • Le Chateau
    • Zoots
    • Brannigans
    • Sector 5
    • Bear Cage
    • Palais
    • Baileys
    • Tiplers
    • Trevinos
    • Simpkins
    • Aviary
    • Caspers
    • Harveys
    • Fusion
    • Bentleys
    • Legends
    • Spooks
    • Other

I used to go to Street Life when they had 'straight night' once a month on a Thursday and Stinky Sinki. Starlight 2001 was good for a bit of mellow house.

Same here, one of the best nights in Leicester. You know who I've voted for Rick, but I sure do miss The Chateau on a weekday night.

What was the one that used to be at the bottom of New Walk circa 1982-1984 that had 3or 4 floors and lots of nooks and crannies? Got some good memories of that place and the big one in Lee Circle.

The New walk one was The Prohibition, one of the DJs around the period your talking about was a friend, he sadly died during his time there. Alone in his flat after choking on his own vomit...

The big one in Lee Circle was Fusion... great place, lods of girls and the DJ booth was a little hole in the wall by the dance floor.

Another one was the basement club in Market Place Approach, can't remember what it was called then. It's still a nightclub now.

Another not mentioned was Rapunzels on Newarke St.

Same here, one of the best nights in Leicester. You know who I've voted for Rick, but I sure do miss The Chateau on a weekday night.

I used to work at The Chateau. The decks were on the end of the small bar and I had to carry crates of vinyl discs up and down those bloody stairs evry shift.

What about Grannies on London Road... and Aunties below it for the kids. (I used to work both these places)

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Krystals, Kudos, Creation and now Liquid have all been shit. Must be something about the building.

Flaming Colossus used to be decent though, not sure what it is nowadays if anything.

Difficult to beat Mosh and Fan Club these days, the latter has certainly stood the test of time.

had some good /messy nights

junction 21 on midland st.. (knocked down now and unfortuanetly old enough to remember it as spectrum)

weavers (king st? closed downnow )

havvanah/ yeaoman st

poo na na (closed down now)

o4/superfly

some good times in some bars also

matishe belvoir st

lallie bella queen st

showrooms charles st

revolution new walk

helsinki rutland st

and may sound strange to some but a good place to be once upon a time was the dover castle pub lol.. back in the bubblelove days.. usual hangout for djs like lisa lashes/neil appeal/ ryan lonsdale

hartleys also belgrave gate.

First club I went to was 'ritzy's', c.1988, at the old palais de dance...

Luxor when I first went was jokers, wasn't it. Wasn't the bear cage also called the white room or something, on oxford street?

Anyone remember the pre-fanclub pub that was turned into memsaab, Can't remember what it was called but it was ace.

Luxor when I first went was jokers, wasn't it. Wasn't the bear cage also called the white room or something, on oxford street?

Anyone remember the pre-fanclub pub that was turned into memsaab, Can't remember what it was called but it was ace.

bear cage was the one on high street wasnt it.. on the left as you walk out of town..

I had toi go ****ing ytes tonight.

**** that,

To add,

anyone in Leicester is an asbolute scrote of scirety who i can't wait to rid yself from,

NO MORE TOPWN FOR ME :)

if you read this in time get some paracetamols and a HUGE glass of water and put them besides your bed for when you wake up in the morning..... :D

• Haha 1

The New walk one was The Prohibition, one of the DJs around the period your talking about was a friend, he sadly died during his time there. Alone in his flat after choking on his own vomit...

The big one in Lee Circle was Fusion... great place, lods of girls and the DJ booth was a little hole in the wall by the dance floor.

Another one was the basement club in Market Place Approach, can't remember what it was called then. It's still a nightclub now.

Another not mentioned was Rapunzels on Newarke St.

Later changed to the complex i believe. That place was shut down due to the floors being unsafe due to all the moshing.

Fookin rock on.

The workhouse.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hadn't read third page so apologies...

The straight night at streetlife was called Bliss. One of first proper club nights in Leicester head was later held there but started at the fan club. A few places not mentioned already

The dome - now cafe bruxelles

Get it on at junction 21 someone did mention spectrum here

White room was opposite the princess charlotte and previously called subway

The pre fanclub bar was the workhouse which was great until it got overrun by drug dealers and closed down

Also a club on the street where the real ale pub is near fenwicks but can't remember what called, maybe the underground

The dungeon - basement of Lloyds which was corn exchange

Edited by JIMMYWILLIS

Hadn't read third page so apologies...

The straight night at streetlife was called Bliss. One of first proper club nights in Leicester head was later held there but started at the fan club. A few places not mentioned already

The dome - now cafe bruxelles

Get it on at junction 21 someone did mention spectrum here

White room was opposite the princess charlotte and previously called subway

The pre fanclub bar was the workhouse which was great until it got overrun by drug dealers and closed down

Also a club on the street where the real ale pub is near fenwicks but can't remember what called, maybe the underground

The dungeon - basement of Lloyds which was corn exchange

It was so blatant and they got away with it for years too.

Seen some right dives in my time. :(

Anyone remember a place called Golds on St Peters Lane?

:D Forgot all about that place. A mate of mine had his 18th there. Bit of a hovel from what I remember of my solitary visit there.

Edited by Paddy Akinbiyi