Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rocket-Ron

Smashing Pumpkins

having seen them in their prime with the orginal line up D'arcy, James, Jimmy, Billy I think I prefer to remember them like that. And £35 + booking fees etc making it like £40 a ticket is crazy money

Same here. Although Corgan had a strop both the times I've seen them.

He's quite the mardy bugger.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I don't think Corgan is happy with the band atm :(

In a recent CNN interview he says how he "rode the ship all the way to the bottom" and he feels it's too nicey nice and he doesn't want to be all nicey nice.

Have to say I agree, I've tried to give Mike Byrne a chance but he's just no Jimmy, noone will ever be. He just doesn't fit. I listen to Zwan wishing it was the Pumpkins today :(

The elephant in the room is the Teargarden project, another failed project. He seems to hate the mainstream but you can tell he craves so much to be in it again.

Billy needs to get his passion back , somehow whether it be bring in Jimmy. I don't think James will come back and I don't know what the deal is with Darcy :(

I don't think Corgan is happy with the band atm :(

In a recent CNN interview he says how he "rode the ship all the way to the bottom" and he feels it's too nicey nice and he doesn't want to be all nicey nice.

Have to say I agree, I've tried to give Mike Byrne a chance but he's just no Jimmy, noone will ever be. He just doesn't fit. I listen to Zwan wishing it was the Pumpkins today :(

The elephant in the room is the Teargarden project, another failed project. He seems to hate the mainstream but you can tell he craves so much to be in it again.

Billy needs to get his passion back , somehow whether it be bring in Jimmy. I don't think James will come back and I don't know what the deal is with Darcy :(

Sometimes it's time to call it a day with a band if they're no longer doing stuff that interests you mate.

I used to be a major fan of SP but I think the more I read about Billy's behaviour over recent years and the decline in standard of output really tainted the memory of one of my favourite bands growing up. Had the same thing with Manics when they went all bland and couldn't recapture my interest afterwards.

Not liked any Pumpkins albums since Mellon Collie, which is one of my all time favourites. Saw the Pumpkins live a few years ago where Corgan threw his toys out the pram and walked off stage mid-set. SP to me is Billy, Jimmy, James & D'arcy, any other re-incarnation of the band just isn't the same. Billy and James don't get on and D'arcy is usually too busy being arrested so a proper reformation isn't going ahead. Billy should let the band go, its over, move on.

Anyway, here's an alternative version of Disarm, from yoof tv show The Word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqz04dZhrkU

Sometimes it's time to call it a day with a band if they're no longer doing stuff that interests you mate.

I used to be a major fan of SP but I think the more I read about Billy's behaviour over recent years and the decline in standard of output really tainted the memory of one of my favourite bands growing up. Had the same thing with Manics when they went all bland and couldn't recapture my interest afterwards.

I know what you are saying but it's hard to let go of something sometimes - even if it's for the best lol

I will still always listen to the old albums. I've not even been to see them live though, even if the current line up is shite I still want to go. Literally none of my friends have ever heard of them so that probably won't change :(

Not liked any Pumpkins albums since Mellon Collie, which is one of my all time favourites. Saw the Pumpkins live a few years ago where Corgan threw his toys out the pram and walked off stage mid-set. SP to me is Billy, Jimmy, James & D'arcy, any other re-incarnation of the band just isn't the same. Billy and James don't get on and D'arcy is usually too busy being arrested so a proper reformation isn't going ahead. Billy should let the band go, its over, move on.

Anyway, here's an alternative version of Disarm, from yoof tv show The Word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqz04dZhrkU

Not liked any since Mellon Collie? How come, I thought Adore had its moments and Machina was good. Zeitgeist is obviously a mess and Oceania isn't too bad.

Still not a patch on this.

Mike is a great drummer. They're sounding better than they have in years IMO and Billy seems to have regained some passion in the last few years. Jimmy or anyone else coming back would'nt work at all. Am disappointed about Teargarden though, though I knew he would never finish it.

Not liked any since Mellon Collie? How come, I thought Adore had its moments and Machina was good. Zeitgeist is obviously a mess and Oceania isn't too bad.

Maybe i'm a bit harsh on the newer stuff, but only liked the odd track here and there, as opposed to Mellon Collie and earlier where most of the album is great. I did like Corgan's side project Zwan though, shame they fell out after 1 album. Jesus I, Mary Star Of The Sea from that album is 14 minutes of Billy magic.

Always remember this version of Ava Adore on Jools Holland, Jimmy sacked from the band at this point, they got 3 drummers / percussionists to replace him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-B_39uB0g

• 1 year later...

Archived