Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JadeFalcon

METAL!

:wub:

I know this is still a bit 'soft' compared to lots of stuff out there, but I never could, and probably never will, get into music/bands that put out constant screaming/shouting. I love bands like Glassjaw, Killswitch Engage, Alexisonfire, Architects, Dance Gavin Dance and Twelve Tribes because there's a good balance between screaming and singing. When I used to be really into metal music, I could never get into the likes of Opeth, Chimara, Devil Driver etc. For me, it's just too much, there's no appeal to the music, because there are no hooks. All personal preference though, really.

Don't know what is and isn't metal nowadays, so many sub-genres it's unreal.

You should try Times Of Grace, it's Killswitch Engage's old singer with most of Killswitch Engage, well worth a listen.

On to metal, I'll post a bit of a variety from around the world and different genres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvLn8j4c5l4

I'm a pretty big metalhead, as well as listening to other genres, but recently I've been into newer bands such as Periphery and Protest the Hero, I would certainly recommend anyone (Including those into softer stuff) to have a listen to those two bands at least. Protest are absolutely awesome and Periphery are a bit like a softer Meshuggah with some of their stuff.

... continued

- Well worth checking out, fantastic band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-giIKAOhQo4

I hate the vocals, they really grate me :unsure:

Wrong. Just wrong.

Never considered Electric Wizard a metal band - always a stoner band. (Maybe that's because I was always stoned when listening to them lol)

I love the Haunted - went to see them in 2000 in the Limelight in Belfast - Awesome gig. I had to get up for school the next day and I couldn't move my head because I'd been headbanging so much.

Wrong. Just wrong.

Not to my ears. I've tried listening to them, I really have. I mean, 100 million copies sold world-wide and common influence on many metal bands speaks for itself. But I find them dull and, as mentioned, quite annoying. I can't figure out why they've achieved cult status. I really can't imagine that it's because of their musical talents...

I love the guitar in Maiden, plus the live shows are something phenomenal. There is nothing quite like standing at the front of a 70,000 strong crowd with Maiden on stage.

As for Bring Me The Horizon, utter cocks, horrible music, barely any listenable tracks. Oli Sykes is an undeterminable willy puller who is perhaps the one person in music I wouldn't object to getting a kicking. Poncy, floppy haired, silver spoon, watered down, twatty, arrogant ****. /Rant

Not to my ears. I've tried listening to them, I really have. I mean, 100 million copies sold world-wide and common influence on many metal bands speaks for itself. But I find them dull and, as mentioned, quite annoying. I can't figure out why they've achieved cult status. I really can't imagine that it's because of their musical talents...

I know they're not metal but I have the same thing with Guns 'n' Roses. I just don't understand how they ever did as well as they did.

Archived