Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

pundits...0.  Leicester city 1.

Last 132 years dont count....

I hope all experts and pundits, again underestimate what  we have.

Paul  Merson, please dont change, your funny  verry funny.But admit your  mistakes, 

Unlike David Mills ,Sutton and Crooks are just spitefull poor and pathetic pundits...

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

pundits...0.  Leicester city 1.

Last 132 years dont count....

I hope all experts and pundits, again underestimate what  we have.

Paul  Merson, please dont change, your funny  verry funny.But admit your  mistakes, 

Unlike David Mills ,Sutton and Crooks are just spitefull poor and pathetic pundits...

It's not spiteful to think some teams will do better than us. Even if they're wrong it doesn't mean it's not an honest opinion.

• Like 1

I love the logic with West Ham, they have a new stadium and last year wasn't a fluke. OK so winning the title by 10 points was?? Merse loved us until we embarrassed arsenal and with vardy making them look stupid he now seems to go out of his way to talk shit!

On 05/08/2016 at 22:53, ttfn said:

This is exactly the sort of comment that isn't helpful.

She is easily the worst journalist on that website. Obviously this isn't because she's a woman, it's because she has absolutely no idea what she's talking about and seems to alternate randomly between condescension and moral arbitration.

People making comments like this (and I'm sure it was a joke) will just further the idea that she shouldn't be taken seriously because she's a woman when the real issue is that she's a terrible journalist with seemingly no knowledge of (or worse still - willingness to learn about) any side outside of the traditional top 6.

for goodness sake...lighten up. 

53 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I love the logic with West Ham, they have a new stadium and last year wasn't a fluke. OK so winning the title by 10 points was?? Merse loved us until we embarrassed arsenal and with vardy making them look stupid he now seems to go out of his way to talk shit!

Don't complain about it - make a profit!

Paddypower has a handicap market with us at 16/1 plus 20 points (and West Ham and Everton on plus 22).

They have an each way option with 1/4 odds for a top 4 place so 4/1 top 4 plus 20.

Of course the other teams have handicaps too but I reckon that is worth a purple drinking voucher each way.

50/1 for Musa as TGS with an EW option for the first 6 places looks good too.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

It's not spiteful to think some teams will do better than us. Even if they're wrong it doesn't mean it's not an honest opinion.

No,..they are the type that are jealous and spitefull.

Many others have got it wrong...you notice I didnt mention any others..

I love listening to others, they may not fancy us, but they are at least Proffesional about it,

and dont show  contempt.Souness and Carragher, forcexample were open enough through the whole season, to give out analystic view points, and even praise and positives.Also over

other teams, but v those 3 couldnt give a good word, over any lower also v rans..

They were embarrasing..

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Can't believe he thinks we'll finish behind the likes of Stoke.

Well, he somewhat put it into perspective, saying that he'd be amazed if there was more than a six-point gap between us an the likes of West Ham.

So we could well end up somewhere between 7th and 10th.

It's a game of fine lines and breaking through the Top Four/Top Five/Top Six will be yet another tough task.

Agree with Bournemouth, Hull and Burnley as the relegated teams.

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

No,..they are the type that are jealous and spitefull.

Many others have got it wrong...you notice I didnt mention any others..

I love listening to others, they may not fancy us, but they are at least Proffesional about it,

and dont show  contempt.Souness and Carragher, forcexample were open enough through the whole season, to give out analystic view points, and even praise and positives.Also over

other teams, but v those 3 couldnt give a good word, over any lower also v rans..

They were embarrasing..

I wouldn't put Sutton in that category- he didn't think we would win it until quite a late stage, but I wouldn't say it was out of spite or jealousy. I just think he saw the similarities between ourselves and his Norwich side who fell away and expected it to happen again.

Mills and Crooks, on the other hand... How they are paid to be pundits I'll never know. They absolutely hated us winning it, and they couldn't keep themselves from showing it. They both just spout elitist nonsense, and still can't get their thick heads around the fact that we ended up beating all of the big clubs to it. Mills' comments about Vardy and Mahrez to Arsenal were ridiculous also, saying they should have walked there. No idea where his big club bias comes from either, he was a half rate player who spent the bulk of his career at middling clubs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

'Morgan played well above his ability last season and he was not the only one. '

For the record, everyone, that's not actually possible.

To be fair, for a fat lad, Rooney has played above his ability for twenty years.

• Like 2

They're all a load of bitter old cvnts who are still pi$$ed off with us because we continued to undermine their 'pundit/journalist' credentials week after week last season. Most of them said we weren't going to do it until it was mathematically certain - even ignoring all the hard evidence that Spurs and Arsenal weren't going to catch us.

They patronise us but in reality want us to fail so as to retain the status quo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

I can understand why clubs would be pissed off with out story but I can't get my head around these journalists that can't wait to jump up Mourinho's/Guardiola's/Conte's/Klopp's arse.

What a sad little man.