Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Well you ask me, why do we deserve 13th place?

Fatal as in how fatal it could be in the coming weeks and how effective the injuries are regardless of how mild and injury is. An injury is an injury. As Taz has said we are paper thin behind our starting XI... And three of those in the lineup are injured; hence fatal.

Who said we deserve 13th place, most of this thread is about surviving. What we "deserve" is a bit more respect for what we achieved last year. 102 points is not something that happens very often, and quite obviously shows a team coming up much stronger than many that have come before.

I'm not even going to touch on the injury stuff as none of it even makes sense.

My latest favourite "do they mean us" is Gary Jacob on The Times' The Game podcast:

"It's tough to get young players integrated in a tough, rugged division like the championship, I mean look at Leicester. They aren't an attractive team and play a certain style and they came up because of that".

Now it's one thing making generalisations and being completely lazy in making your predictions. It's another thing altogether trying to come across as well-informed by commenting on us playing in a way we haven't since 2011-12.

lol We've been the most attractive team for the past two seasons (barring February to May 2013). We've scored an average of two goals per home game for the past two seasons. Other managers in the Championship were forever praising how we played, maybe Gary should look at their comments?

And this isn't just Leicester bias, if Derby had gone up and their style of play was being slated now I'd be defending them.

Edited by Corky

No it doesn't BUT adding two very good CB's to your squad does. Even the most myopic City fan would hopefully concede that Ferdinand and Caulker are superior defenders than Morgan and Moore.

Did you watch Rio Ferdinand last year? He was absolutely destroyed by most strikers he came up against and he'll be under even more pressure at QPR than at Man U, he's finished.

And as others as said, Caulker does look promising but if you watch Cardiff last season he was at fault for a hell of a lot of goals.

lol We've been the most attractive team for the past two seasons (barring February to May 2013). We've scored an average of two goals per home game for the past two seasons. Other managers in the Championship were forever praising how we played, maybe Gary should look at their comments?

Never mind that our midfield that was responsible for defining our style had an average age of 22 either.

But Gary knows best. You can't integrate young players because the nasty bigger boys will kick them off the pitch.

Can't believe how much you care about people caring. :D

Lets be honest, probably better to focus on this than the bloody Cambiasso thread.

Aint been in there for ages. Started to loose interest when Kingfox set up that spoof twitter account which was about as funny as the rest of his "banter"

Obviously I want us to do well anyway but it would be lovely to make some of these 'experts' eat their words.

Don't have a problem with people predicting us as relegation fodder, you expect that to an extent, but some of the inaccuracies pissed me off. The comment that implies we're a bunch of cloggers is just offensive. We've played the best footy outside of the prem for two seasons now.

Really hope the boys can shut these twats up.

Obviously I want us to do well anyway but it would be lovely to make some of these 'experts' eat their words.

Don't have a problem with people predicting us as relegation fodder, you expect that to an extent, but some of the inaccuracies pissed me off. The comment that implies we're a bunch of cloggers is just offensive. We've played the best footy outside of the prem for two seasons now.

They won't though, they'll just alter their opinion and pretend they've said it all along

Just wonder if anyone  has been relegated following  season after  getting  100 points or more  in the championship

Just wonder if anyone  has been relegated following  season after  getting  100 points or more  in the championship

Nope. Not since the advent of the Premier League. I don't think one ever did before then either!

Edited by cjslcfc

If you ask me, I reckon we'll finish within the bottom two places. I don't understand why people are predicting us to finish mid table... What have we earned to deserve a mid table finish? We lack the quality in depth, lack experience, already have fatal injuries and only spent £7m on a striker that has already found himself as third-choice.

I'm sorry, but until the season starts, I can't find the confidence and the optimism to say that we can do some damage in this division.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!  :banana:

You trolling or what though?

What could we have done to deserve any position? The season hasn't started yet.