Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I think it's bizarre these pundits base their views on.. well.. anything other than.. well.. actually I'm not sure what they base them on.

I genuinely believe they go by which teams have the least players they have seen play and put them at the bottom.

I don't mind people saying they think we'll be relegated, but a reason that makes sense would be a nice change

• Like 1

Here's mine: #top6bottom3 1.CFC 2.MCFC 3.MUFC 4.LFC 5.AFC 6.EFC - 18.LCFC 19.WBA 20.BFC

Man Utd above Arsenal and QPR above us? Makes little sense based on summer transfers.

That said, Owen clearly has something against Arsenal, he tips them for 5th place every single season.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/23001874

Predictions from last year

There is a lot of empirical evidence that demonstrates how bad 'experts' are at predicting. In this context 'expert' would be categorised as 'controversial celebrity mouth-piece employed to give newsworthy sound bites'. This not the same as subject matter expert using data and probabilistic models....who themselves are far beyond infallibility. Football pundits fall into the same category as political pundits (with the noteworthy exception of Nate Silver who did use data and models to successfully and very accurately predict US elections) and most others dragged up before the cameras or in print.

This is a long winded way of saying that we should ignore them; they are tw*ts with very little history of getting anything right. We should just use all this negativity and writing off of our club, as fuel for our assault on the pretentious pri*ks who seem to populate the PL either as pundits or fans...bring it on Baby!! :chant:

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1

Dale Tempest from Sky Bet gave us a rave review on the Leicester Sky TV page.

I saw this, then my cynical side wondered why every sky pundit is writing us off and how the sky bet pundit thinks we're great.

I didn't however take this far enough to look at his predictions for other teams.

Man Utd above Arsenal and QPR above us? Makes little sense based on summer transfers.

That said, Owen clearly has something against Arsenal, he tips them for 5th place every single season.

And he'd be 1 place out every single season, it's hardly a vendetta.

I saw this, then my cynical side wondered why every sky pundit is writing us off and how the sky bet pundit thinks we're great.

I didn't however take this far enough to look at his predictions for other teams.

Probably because as I bookie he might actually give a shit about teams outside the top 6 in the premier league :D

This is a funny read. 

The Inter fans seem really happy he's going to Leicester - message 1014 onward....

I've put through a translator for your convenience 

I think they'd change their minds if they new a little bit more about the quality at our club...

C_71_article_1037028_image_list_image_liBtoACowIgAAuWi8.png

There is an offer for QPR Cambiasso. The English championship will be good for his future coaching career. 

Even the French see QPR going right back down

I don't know why people are getting all annoyed with people putting us down as a cert for relegation.

Get use to it, they don't know enough about us and have no idea about our team from last year. All they have done is look at our transfers and seen that we haven't (as of yet) made loads or big signings, so have put us down as a relegation cert.

I don't care what anyone says about us. We have the ability to stay up and I trust NP and his team to ensure that we stay up. It's not going to be easy but it shouldn't be, its the Premiership!

Buzzing for Saturday

I'm pretty optimistic about our season and could see us doing well but surely it's no surprise that people are tipping us for relegation. We have very small squad and haven't exactly set the transfer window alight.

I think it'll be our work ethic, squad dynamic and togetherness and hopefully a few quality signings in Jan that will see us through and stay up. But you'd have to watch us a lot to realise that. These pundits will look at our squad and make an assumption and if I was a neutral I think I'd probably agree with them.

Nice write up from Lawro in his weekly predictions column, not glowing, but about right IMO. Someone who clearly has taken a bit of time to do some cursory research into our side and what we're about:

Leicester have been quite clever in the way they have prepared for their first season back in the top flight since 2003-04.

The Foxes have not gone on a mad spending spree and I think they are being very pragmatic and aiming to finish top of the bottom six.

As well as their new Argentine striker Leonardo Ulloa, they possess a goal threat in Jamie Vardy and David Nugent, and I like the fact they have kept hold of a lot of players who got them promoted.

From what I saw of them last season, the Foxes had real pace and width going forward and I think Nigel Pearson is going to stick with that approach.

EDIT: He predicts we'll draw 1-1 on Saturday too.

Edited by indierich06

Let's be honest. Pundits are bellends.

This talk of 'experience' really does make me laugh.

These 'experts' would have you believe that our squad is made entirely from toddlers who have just learned to walk. 

How much difference does it make that you once played in a league where you had Premier League badges on your shoulders rather than Football League ones?

The fact of the matter is, if you're not good enough to play at the top level, you're not good enough like the QPR team, who were well out of their depth two seasons ago and were barely good enough to get promoted last season. But now because Redknapp and Rio are recognisable names and Nugent 'failed' at Portsmouth they have somehow surmounted the 22 point difference between us and themselves? 

The annoyance is that we should be given more respect. I don't think we'll go down - not even a part of me does. I'm not that annoyed about being tipped for the drop. It's being billed as scrappy, hoofball no-hopers below the 'might' of QPR, who are shit, that's doing my head in.

Then having reasons like our ground being too nice and being too used to winning turned in to negatives?! It's ****ing bullshit. 

But who cares. lol

We've got 38 games of football next season and if those experts are as wrong as you think they are their the ones who are going to look stupid aren't they, so it's not a problem if a few clueless pundits tip us for the drop due to the fact all we do is hoof the ball up to nugent

I hate to say it, but it would've been far better had Derby been promoted. The whole 'Aarry & QPR' rimming going on is pretty tedious. 

All we can hope for now is that we can continue to prove the pundits wrong. 

You say that now, but when we relegate 'Aarry on the final day you'll take it back.

• Like 1

QPR are the Old Boys Network dream at the moment. Redknapp, Hoddle, Jordan- can you get more Real Football Men than those?

You've got Redknapp who took Spurs to fourth, Hoddle one of the brightest coaches ever, Jordan with all his experience, I think mere survival is playing it down. Top six minimum I would expect.