Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Thought I'd resurrect this thread - quite enjoyed reading it last year. To kick it off again...

Forest still thinking they have a chance of finishing up as champions ;)

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39842

That thread actually seems fairly balanced to me. Most of them say that we would need an epic drop in form plus them maintaining or improving their current form for them to catch us.

And they do have a decent chance of second spot. QPR look average, Burnley aren't in great form either and Forest haven't lost in a while, plus have bolstered their squad in January. I can see them making a push for the autos.

We'll be in the play offs this season minimal, said it all along, fifth.

If we fail we'll be there next season.

Forest are going up. We have defied the law of averages for too long, being the only 'big club' to be out of the top flight for this period of time.

Quite an arrogant statement there, Sheffield Weds, Leeds etc. But no the only 'big club' outside the Prem is Forest!

If Forest win the league I will cut off my own bollocks, make a soup out of them and drink it mixed in with own shit.

TBJS as chef?

As with every club, you get those who post honestly and you get those who don't. It happens on here as well. The honest fans, ie the person who says "Leicester have it in the bag", I respect a bit more. Anything is possible in football, but I only see three clubs really challenging for the title now. You always get that team who come out of nowhere but I'm glad we're not in all that at the minute, there are some strong teams fighting for the four play off places.

As with every club, you get those who post honestly and you get those who don't. It happens on here as well. The honest fans, ie the person who says "Leicester have it in the bag", I respect a bit more. Anything is possible in football, but I only see three clubs really challenging for the title now. You always get that team who come out of nowhere but I'm glad we're not in all that at the minute, there are some strong teams fighting for the four play off places.

Pretty much sums it up.

Almost every neutral observer is saying we would have to fvck up royally not to go up automatically. That Forest thread was surprisingly reasonable and devoid of all the usual 'FESTA BINDIPPERS ARE GONNA BOTTLE IT LOOL' normally seen on that forum.

I'm not sure I'd say the top three are completely sewn up with Forest doing well and Burnley having a mini wobble, but think it's a big ask for either of our East Midlands rivals to break into it. Personally I'd love us to be promoted alongside either Forest or Derby, so long as we continue to finish above them of course.

Pains me to say it but I'd rather see that **** 'Arry bottle it and have a derby next year in the guise of Forest, to be honest. As has been said, I genuinely think they could have a good crack autos now, god knows they need to.

No way. Not for me. Billy is the biggest kn0bhead in football management at the moment and to be honest I'd rather Derby went up than the trees. I'd hope that QPR fook it up big time and Burnley go up. They're a decent club in my eyes.

• Like 2

All the Florist fans where I live think WE WILL DEFINITELY bottle it and some even think they will still get automatic AND FINISH ABOVE US! This was last night in the boozer.

One little ginger twat even said with current form they are the miles better team!

I couldn't belive some of the stuff i was hearing! When I highlighted our league position they just got stroppy and the ginger twat asked me how many European cups we had won and laughed

Im off down there again now and gonna cheer on Yeovil and have lots of pints. Gonna wear my Leicester too and they can bring it on if they want...

Forget Cov. NOTTS Forest are my biggest enemy now never met such bunch of disillusioned smug jealous cvnts in my life.

Oh and i hope Burnley go up. Sean Douche has done a good job there

Edited by Socks
  • Like 3

All the Florist fans where I live think WE WILL DEFINITELY bottle it and some even think they will still get automatic AND FINISH ABOVE US! This was last night in the boozer.

One little ginger twat even said with current form they are the miles better team!

I couldn't belive some of the stuff i was hearing! When I highlighted our league position they just got stroppy and the ginger twat asked me how many European cups we had won and laughed

Im off down there again now and gonna cheer on Yeovil and have lots of pints. Gonna wear my Leicester too and they can bring it on if they want...

Forget Cov. NOTTS Forest are my biggest enemy now never met such bunch of disillusioned smug jealous cvnts in my life.

Forest seem to have loads of fans like that, far from surprising. They are probably the thickest and most obnoxious fan base in the league, and that's saying something with some of our jokers heard on the phone-in on a Monday night.

• Like 1

Forest seem to have loads of fans like that, far from surprising. They are probably the thickest and most obnoxious fan base in the league, and that's saying something with some of our jokers heard on the phone-in on a Monday night.

I refuse to believe that there is one fan base with a massively higher proportion of stupid, arrogant or obnoxious set of fans than any other.

People meet or speak to one or two idiots, or even hear one or two people's views they don't like, and tarnish everybody (or at least a large proportion of a fan base) with the same brush.

Actually, thinking about it, this may not be true at higher levels of football where such a small proportion of Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool "fans" attend games or are actively involved in the communities they are supposed to serve, but at Football League level the fans we see are passionate about their club and want to see it in the best possible light. Just because one happens to have been born in/raised around/indoctrinated into supporting Leicester, it doesn't make us any more or less likely to be a complete cretin when talking about our or other clubs when the mood takes us than somebody who happens to have been born in Leeds, Derby, Nottingham or Watford.

Everybody's got their morons.

I would not say we have it in the bag but it is certainly in our own hands, the way the team are playing at the moment is great, if they continue like that we will be promoted and if we are I couldn't care less who else goes up, of course I do have my preferences but I will look at that when we are mathematically certain.