Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I refuse to believe that there is one fan base with a massively higher proportion of stupid, arrogant or obnoxious set of fans than any other.

People meet or speak to one or two idiots, or even hear one or two people's views they don't like, and tarnish everybody (or at least a large proportion of a fan base) with the same brush.

Actually, thinking about it, this may not be true at higher levels of football where such a small proportion of Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool "fans" attend games or are actively involved in the communities they are supposed to serve, but at Football League level the fans we see are passionate about their club and want to see it in the best possible light. Just because one happens to have been born in/raised around/indoctrinated into supporting Leicester, it doesn't make us any more or less likely to be a complete cretin when talking about our or other clubs when the mood takes us than somebody who happens to have been born in Leeds, Derby, Nottingham or Watford.

Everybody's got their morons.

Exactly right.

It`s not just the fans of Forest that are arrogant, obnoxious tossers, it`s actually the whole city of Nottingham!!

• Like 4

Exactly right.

It`s not just the fans of Forest that are arrogant, obnoxious tossers, it`s actually the whole city of Nottingham!!

Anybody unfortunate enough to live in Skeggy as I do knows there's an element of truth in this.

I refuse to believe that there is one fan base with a massively higher proportion of stupid, arrogant or obnoxious set of fans than any other.

People meet or speak to one or two idiots, or even hear one or two people's views they don't like, and tarnish everybody (or at least a large proportion of a fan base) with the same brush.

Actually, thinking about it, this may not be true at higher levels of football where such a small proportion of Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool "fans" attend games or are actively involved in the communities they are supposed to serve, but at Football League level the fans we see are passionate about their club and want to see it in the best possible light. Just because one happens to have been born in/raised around/indoctrinated into supporting Leicester, it doesn't make us any more or less likely to be a complete cretin when talking about our or other clubs when the mood takes us than somebody who happens to have been born in Leeds, Derby, Nottingham or Watford.

I actually disagree with that, every Forest fan ive spoken too, apart from one who has his head screwed on, seems to be jealous and starts trying to wind me up about City

If I had a pound every time I hear 'European cup' in the Pub or at work I would be a millionaire by now...

• Like 1

Spot on. It all seems rather hypocritical as we have some right cringey posters on here, and they're normally the ones who bang on about other teams' fans being arrogant. You just have to look on here and there's normally a couple of opposition fans on here before a game that are decent. As well as the more residential poster like Redhux who's a great poster and the Derby lad Tinman who pops up occasionally.

The only team I know to contribute only full on knobs are Birmingham with that GaryRowatt who seems to think that we've been cheating/buying/bribing (pick your excuse of choice) the league, as well as that steviedog who was quite self explanatory on their forums. However the ret of their bunch on their forum seemed alright so I'll give them that.

Nah. Forest definitely have more wankers than most. Sorry but very few of our fans are as deluded as a large chunk of their's are.

It's not really about where they happen to be born in, the mentality of their fans probably is affected by their short period of extreme success.

You also seem to think every City must have equal proportions of each kind of person. But if I go to New Parks there's sure to be more scumbags than in certain other areas of Leicester.

The world is not equally proportioned.

• Like 1

Forest definitely have a majority of *****

since moving to Notts i have noticed it so much... even my house mates hate the fans and one is a man city fan and others a bristol rovers fan. 

They really are cocky, chavvy, arrogant cretins and that's being nice. 

Course they're will be some nice fans... yet to meet one though and i have spoken to a lot

I wouldn't totally rule Forest out, I know it will take a monumental turnaround and I'm naturally cautious but I'd prefer them to be way back. I'm sure it's Davies that's the main problem for me, when O'Driscoll was there they didn't offend me that much at all, and Hux will want us to do well anyway :D

I did say Bolton would win the league though :doh:

I have been very surprised by the amount that have said they want the Red Scum to get promoted with us? Jeez!!! Unforfookingbastardbelievable in my eyes

Is not even a joke.

Would rather they go bust than join us.

It really would take the enjoyment out of promotion for me.

Yes bitter blue (for all the pussy fans we have. You really think they would want to take us up if was reversed? FFS)

The two teams I would despise to go up this season are QPR and Forest, especially with that insufferable bellend as their manager.

Derby I wouldn't mind as much as long as we go up as well just so that we would start the next season with a 6 point advantage.  :thumbup:

Besides those three I'm not particularly fussed about who would go up as long as we were one of the three. Yeovil would be my second favourites behind us however, although I see that as rather unlikely  lol

• Like 1

Because some people (me included) would like to see a derby game in the Premier League. Sell out games vs Forest (and to a lesser extent Derby, but I imagine they will continue their tradition of rolling over for us at the KP) in the Premier League would be great occasions.

On the other hand, I really hate Billy Davies. Happy for Derby to come up with us though.

Edited by Jonaldinho

Fvcking hate em both hope the trees burn and the sheep end up on a shish kebab.

I do wonder about some of you?

Nxt you will want covscum to go bust so some of them come and watch us FFS.

Ps Oh and I even fvcking hate Yeovill when we play them. 1 Home 1 Team 1 Leicester Born bred and Proud 

Nah. Forest definitely have more wankers than most. Sorry but very few of our fans are as deluded as a large chunk of their's are.

It's not really about where they happen to be born in, the mentality of their fans probably is affected by their short period of extreme success.

You also seem to think every City must have equal proportions of each kind of person. But if I go to New Parks there's sure to be more scumbags than in certain other areas of Leicester.

The world is not equally proportioned.

New Parks...the center of the earth, we enrich and educate , the last civilized bastion of sanity, the true way to paradise.

Round our way in Lincolnshire I'm surrounded by them and all I hear is how they beat us at our place. Everytime I get into a "discussion" with them they throw the old European cups in and start banging on about ancient history.....fooking hate them and there fans are still living in the past they might as well be wearing flared trousers and tank tops!!

I reckon that the only reason we have tried to so hard to stay within FFP is to fvck over Forest, basically they are spending like there are no restrictions, because they don't think it will hold up. If every club in the league did that then it would be impossible to sanction them all...

...but if the champions of the league stayed within FFP it would be justification and validation for the whole thing, and anyone (Forest/QPR) arguing about FFP being unfair the Football League can just say look at Leicester they stayed within the regulations and won the league, now take your punishment like men.

• Like 4