Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Think they are inferring wed struggle in games like that atm due to pressure. Where as with the fixture list we have we are still able to win while not being at our best.

I'd totally disagree. The penny finally dropped after the man city game for every team in the league, teams used to appreciate the way we played but still remained confident they could beat us playing their way. With the exception of Arsenal every team since has setup to stifle us and take us out of our comfort zone. In a way they've been successful as the goals have stopped going in. However if you don't commit men forward it's harder to score, hence four 1-0 wins for us. Fixtures may be easier on paper but teams aren't trying to play us now, they are trying to stop us.

This basically sums it up.

In the Premier League, you don't get an easy game. With the amount of money, squads are filled with game changing players.

Spurs fans are upset, I understand why, they've built a solid team and have come within touching distance of winning the league, only for it to start too slip away with less and less games remaining.

I don't think Jap is even a racist word but could be viewed as one in a certain context to some people. Words like Yank, Jock, Aussie for etc, are they not the same?

It got blown up by the Red Tops, who incidentally have used the word in Puns themselves. It was quite hypocritical.

I've a few Japanese friend and they find it funny! It'd be like me getting upset if an Ozzie called me a Pom.

In a world of political correctness, we all have to be prim and proper.

You wait until we get invaded by Aliens in 2136!!

I don't care about Spurs results.

So long as we continue to win our games, we'll be fine.

What a load of rubbish.

So it doesn't matter if Spurs win all their games we just have to concentrate on W6 D2 L0 of our last eight? What if we W5 D3 L0, I'll bet you'll care then about Spurs results.

It's a league format, of course other teams results effect everyone else, it's totally stupid to say otherwise. 

I bet you'll be cheering on Bournemouth today as much as the rest of us. 

What a load of rubbish.

So it doesn't matter if Spurs win all their games we just have to concentrate on W6 D2 L0 of our last eight? What if we W5 D3 L0, I'll bet you'll care then about Spurs results.

It's a league format, of course other teams results effect everyone else, it's totally stupid to say otherwise. 

I bet you'll be cheering on Bournemouth today as much as the rest of us. 

What? If we win our games then we'll be fine. I'll obviously be cheering if Bournemouth win because it'll mean we've got, essentially, 2 (almost 3) games free.

We are in a position where we don't need to be relying on Spurs to lose ground. We're 8 points clear. It's not like we're level on points.

This league title is within our hands. I won't be sat here crying if Spurs win today (or even if they win the rest of their games) so long as we win ours. How is that rubbish?

Tottenham fans do seem the worst kind of norrises but I do hope a day arrives when the handful of people on this forum who call Spurs, "Spuds" forget how to type.

I love that thread a while back taking the piss out of crap names people give for games like ManUre and Loserpool.

Crappest one I've seen somewhere recently was Arsehole willy puller when Arsenal lost a recent game, guessing the guy must have been no older than 12.

I expected this would happen. Back in November we were a nice change, something different, patted on the head for "doing really well" but the expectation was we'd lose a couple and go away. Now we're staying in the race people are trying to drag any criticism or bitterness about us up.

MC Enfield and the like may have a point but they wouldn't be that bothered if we were 6th-8th.

Just digging this back up:

h2bx68h.png

I don't care about the journalists that had us to go down because it was a reasonable possibility. We'd gone and had a horrendous season apart from two months, lost our influential manager, lost our influential best player and had the disaster of the Thailand trip.

But these arsewipes that rubbed it in deserve the piss taken out of them.

Liverpool fan here.  Just want to congratulate you lot on your incredible season.  Pretty much every neutral is rooting for you to win it all.  I took a look at the run ins of the top 4 and yours is by far the easiest left.  I think that if you get 11 points out of the 21 remaining, that could be enough.  What it comes down to is whether you choke or not.  Good luck and we'll try to do our part against Spurs at the start of April.   :)

Cheers, but we have learned the hard way what looks reasonable on paper very rarely is... after watching everton v arsenal I just hope your lot make a better fist of it than them surrender monkeys..ps. please maim harry kane..

Liverpool fan here.  Just want to congratulate you lot on your incredible season.  Pretty much every neutral is rooting for you to win it all.  I took a look at the run ins of the top 4 and yours is by far the easiest left.  I think that if you get 11 points out of the 21 remaining, that could be enough.  What it comes down to is whether you choke or not.  Good luck and we'll try to do our part against Spurs at the start of April.   :)

As long as we don't slip up we should be fine

• Like 1

Tottenham fans do seem the worst kind of norrises but I do hope a day arrives when the handful of people on this forum who call Spurs, "Spuds" forget how to type.

And what exactly is the problem with pi** taking names and banter? It's been part of football for ever!

I hope sanctimonious prissy knee jerking nit pickers forget how to type too but my understanding from the forum police is that a forum is about whatever opinion or terminology you want to use as long as its not sexist, racist or abusive?

Anyway I hope the Spuds drop points today :)

• Like 1

Christ alive, this bloke is full on mental. I mean actually legitimately mad. 

Seriously, I'm not even angry - he needs help. He needs detaining in a safe and secure environment with mental health professionals.

That is not the behaviour of a sane, rational adult.

Just had a read through, and Jeez you weren't wrong. That man has one agenda.

Liverpool fan here. Just want to congratulate you lot on your incredible season. Pretty much every neutral is rooting for you to win it all. I took a look at the run ins of the top 4 and yours is by far the easiest left. I think that if you get 11 points out of the 21 remaining, that could be enough. What it comes down to is whether you choke or not. Good luck and we'll try to do our part against Spurs at the start of April. :)

This is OUR year!

What? If we win our games then we'll be fine. I'll obviously be cheering if Bournemouth win because it'll mean we've got, essentially, 2 (almost 3) games free.

We are in a position where we don't need to be relying on Spurs to lose ground. We're 8 points clear. It's not like we're level on points.

This league title is within our hands. I won't be sat here crying if Spurs win today (or even if they win the rest of their games) so long as we win ours. How is that rubbish?

You've just answered your own question.

Of course it's in our hands but anything less than W5 D2 L0 and it won't be in our hands.

You said you "don't care about Spurs results", which is a ridiculous statement.

We don't need to rely on Spurs losing ground but the chances are if they win their last eight games they'll win the title so we are heavily invested in their results. If Bournemouth get anything today I'll be dancing around like it was us, as should every Leicester fan.

Thanks Danny.

Hope you do Spurs.

Liverpool fan here. Just want to congratulate you lot on your incredible season. Pretty much every neutral is rooting for you to win it all. I took a look at the run ins of the top 4 and yours is by far the easiest left. I think that if you get 11 points out of the 21 remaining, that could be enough. What it comes down to is whether you choke or not. Good luck and we'll try to do our part against Spurs at the start of April. :)

Thanks Danny, always had a soft spot for Liverpool too. If you play to your potential, you'll give the spuds a rough time. All the best for the rest of the season pal