Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

Quite old to be coming in at 28.

Would be cool to see females competing in F1 in the future. If they can be competitive then why not? Although saying that, I have no idea if they race to a decent standard or if it's similar to women's football ability-wise.

Tbh it's only because she's married to a significant shareholder of the Williams team. There are many more talented drivers and probably more talented women drivers than Susie Wolff that deserve this chance.

Tbh it's only because she's married to a significant shareholder of the Williams team. There are many more talented drivers and probably more talented women drivers than Susie Wolff that deserve this chance.

But then the likes of Maldonado largely have a drive because of their sponsorship backers, so, who cares?

The sport's corrupted by money from the ground up, so bringing in a female driver because she has contacts in the term or because it's good publicity is really just inevitable.

At the end of the day, they're never likely to bring in someone that won't be at all competitive or - worse yet - will be dangerous to have out there so I'm sure it'll be fine. It's the future though, for sure, look at the money Danica Patrick essentially makes off being a pretty average driver with boobs. I mean you do a google search for her name and you'll find, literally, about ten pictures of her bent over a car for every one of her driving one.

But then the likes of Maldonado largely have a drive because of their sponsorship backers, so, who cares?

The sport's corrupted by money from the ground up, so bringing in a female driver because she has contacts in the term or because it's good publicity is really just inevitable.

At the end of the day, they're never likely to bring in someone that won't be at all competitive or - worse yet - will be dangerous to have out there so I'm sure it'll be fine. It's the future though, for sure, look at the money Danica Patrick essentially makes off being a pretty average driver with boobs. I mean you do a google search for her name and you'll find, literally, about ten pictures of her bent over a car for every one of her driving one.

Not comparable at all. Maldonado is a GP2 champion (Perez finished second to him in the same year) wheras Wolff is a backmarker in DTM and has been for quite a few years.

If there is going to be another women in F1 then she has to be good enough or it will further damage the chances of women entering F1 in the future.

Not comparable at all. Maldonado is a GP2 champion (Perez finished second to him in the same year) wheras Wolff is a backmarker in DTM and has been for quite a few years.

If there is going to be another women in F1 then she has to be good enough or it will further damage the chances of women entering F1 in the future.

Agreed however she's only getting a gig as a test driver right?

Vettel knocked out in Q2. 11th.

Edit: Mercedes finally do it! Pole for Rosberg.

1) Rosberg

2) Schumi

3) Kobayashi

4) Raikkonen

5) Button

Hamilton qualified 2nd but will be demoted to 7th. Great lap for Kobayashi.

Watch out for kimi. Loved the ice man in practice nearly lost the car in changing conditions and was asked to come in by the team principle..... Kimis reply was a pause followed by the words 'but I want to do another lap'

Pure racer - love that guy.

Good luck to Kobiashi

Hamilton to make the podium

Not sure Jenson will get round...... Traffic issues........bang crash wallop.....lots of inexperience around him.

I fancy a Jenson, Kimi, Kamui podium.

I think I'd actually fill my pants.

I loved Kimi's comment in regards Bahrain "it's important for the teams, they need to know where to send the cars and equipment - the drivers just need to change their plane ticket." Haha, paraphrasing of course.

Archived