Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

TV psychic Derek Acorah: 'Maddie is dead'

i think some people have a problem differentiating between ,"hearing voices" and hearing their own thoughts :)

Ahhh, that's reminded me of something I've wanted to ask for a while and always forget (cos usually I think of it when reading a book in bed), but does anyone else do... this: when reading a book which has been famously dramatised on TV or as a film, when you read the dialogue of the main characters, is it in the voice of the person most famous for playing that character? IE, when reading Sherlock Holmes do you "hear" Basil Rathbone's voice in your head? Or is that just me?

Incidentally, it doesn't happen if I read the book first and have already created the characters after my own imagination.

Ahhh, that's reminded me of something I've wanted to ask for a while and always forget (cos usually I think of it when reading a book in bed), but does anyone else do... this: when reading a book which has been famously dramatised on TV or as a film, when you read the dialogue of the main characters, is it in the voice of the person most famous for playing that character? IE, when reading Sherlock Holmes do you "hear" Basil Rathbone's voice in your head? Or is that just me?

Incidentally, it doesn't happen if I read the book first and have already created the characters after my own imagination.

yeah good point :thumbup: I've often wondered about this too

I think I do hear certain voices that I associate with a particular role .

I'm not sure who's voice I hear at other times , such as reading a newspaper though.

When I'm reading a novel I sometimes put a famous person /actor's face to the character too .

yeah good point :thumbup: I've often wondered about this too

I think I do hear certain voices that I associate with a particular role .

I'm not sure who's voice I hear at other times , such as reading a newspaper though.

When I'm reading a novel I sometimes put a famous person /actor's face to the character too .

Me too. Then, when it gets made into a film and it isn't that person, I get quite miffed!

What about when reading other people's posts?

Do you put on an inner voice for different posters?

You always have a sexy gallic twang when I read your posts, where as Zingari sounds like the drunk old guy from the fast show.

What about when reading other people's posts?

Do you put on an inner voice for different posters?

You always have a sexy gallic twang when I read your posts, where as Zingari sounds like the drunk old guy from the fast show.

lol lol

He's nowhere near as drunk as me :D

edit

i think that's got the making of it's own thread

Really, cos I'm not French. I would imagine that those who have listened to my (now sadly defunct, but soon to be revived) radio show might possibly read them in my own voice (weirdly, I read my own posts in my own voice) as well as the few people on here who know me in real life.

I read your posts in the voice of Ace Rimmer.

Zin is Peter Finch. Large Al is Rab C Nesbitt. Webbo is John Sessions. AoWW is Pam Ayres with a hint of Delia Smith. Daggers is Danny Baker. Finners is Jones the Steam and FoxyPV is full of the Blarney.

To name a few.

Really, cos I'm not French. I would imagine that those who have listened to my (now sadly defunct, but soon to be revived) radio show might possibly read them in my own voice (weirdly, I read my own posts in my own voice) as well as the few people on here who know me in real life.

Zin is Peter Finch. Large Al is Rab C Nesbitt. Webbo is John Sessions. AoWW is Pam Ayres with a hint of Delia Smith. Daggers is Danny Baker. Finners is Jones the Steam and FoxyPV is full of the Blarney.

To name a few.

i'm happy with that one

networkmadashell1.JPG

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.

We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be!

We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.

To name a few.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Archived