Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Scottish Independence Poll

Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?

• Yes - I want Scotland to leave the UK.
    • No - I want Scotland to stay in the UK.
    • I don't know.
    • I don't care.

I know that this has been discussed a little elsewhere but surely such a big issue deserves it's own topic/poll.

Personally I want to see Scotland to leave the UK for these 2 main reasons:

- I vote Conservative (they're not brilliant but labour/lib dems are dreadful). Without Scotland, the Tories are bound to do much better in elections.

- Scotland takes more money out of the pot than it puts into it if you compare it to England, Wales & NI. I think we in England will be better off financially without them. No more paying to subsidise Scottish prescriptions etc!

What is the general opinion here? (As it's very left wing, probably pro-union!)

I know that this has been discussed a little elsewhere but surely such a big issue deserves it's own topic/poll.

Personally I want to see Scotland to leave the UK for these 2 main reasons:

- I vote Conservative (they're not brilliant but labour/lib dems are dreadful). Without Scotland, the Tories are bound to do much better in elections.

- Scotland takes more money out of the pot than it puts into it if you compare it to England, Wales & NI. I think we in England will be better off financially without them. No more paying to subsidise Scottish prescriptions etc!

What is the general opinion here? (As it's very left wing, probably pro-union!)

I'm pretty sure that if they were to leave then the boundaries would change.

I'm all for Scotland staying part of the union.

It's irrelevant, they'll never vote for independence. It'll get loads of hype and strong polling until election day when it'll flop, sort of like the Lib Dems every election!

People vote with their wallets and leaving the Union at this point would be fiscal suicide. Scotland can't sustain itself as a "free" country. Scots and Welsh separatists could be forgiven for a little optimism and a bit of a swagger during the height of the Celtic Tiger, Ireland could perhaps be cited as an example of the possibilities to be had but given that's all been revealed as a myth? No chance.

Scotland has a few fossil fuels that'll diminish in the blink of an eye and **** all else. Battered foods aren't the basis for an economy.

Plus, yknow, with their vote we're more likely to get a left wing government. :thumbup:

We are stronger together, so I'd prefer them to stay. But the way some Scots would like to break away now as soon as they've seen some oil money is pretty distasteful and disrespects the whole idea of the union, as well as being somewhat short-termist considering the nature of the oil money (which although it may 'belong to them' i would question how much of the actual money will go to them if they did go independent). If the majority of Scots felt that way, i'd swiftly show them the door after agreeing that we are under no obligation, moral or otherwise, to help them when things go inevitably go wrong. Either way, I don't really care, so i voted don't care.

I basically consider this vote to be a kind of nationwide IQ test.

If they vote yes to independence, they fail the test. As punishment, they will be forced to pay for prescriptions and university education.

If they vote no, they're clearly bright enough to continue to be considered British. (NB: Am trolling)

Joking aside, the chances of them actually going for independence are slim. Most Scots know that they're better off as part as a nation that has a place in world trade and politics than starting the Balkanisation of the UK. Being part of the UK as a devolved nation has been good to Scotland, no matter what Alex Salmond claims. It's a nothing campaign that's getting more publicity than it deserves, Scotland won't leave the UK any time soon.

[media=]

[/media]

Question is, which type of Scot would vote which way?

Guest MattP

Like the union but quite simply sick of a lot of them.

They can go, like a spiteful teenager it's time to have to learn to stand on your own two feet.

Though like a few have said the chances of them actually running out us very unlikely.

We should try and shove the Welsh out as well, not sure we would get a Labour Government again.

lol

The vote shouldn't be 'Do we want to stay in the UK?' asked to the Scottish.

It should be 'Do you want to put up with the drunken sponging cvnts anymore?' to the English.

Can we not just ****ing deport you instead?

lol

The vote shouldn't be 'Do we want to stay in the UK?' asked to the Scottish.

It should be 'Do you want to put up with the drunken sponging cvnts anymore?' to the English.

Don't think you can really offer a referendum on getting rid of MP's...

i would love to see them leave , the hatred most scottish have for the english is disgusting. youll never see a scottish football fan cheering the english but you will see an english fan cheering the scottish.

I really want the Scots to stay . i think it would be bad for all concerned if we broke up.

If the Scots do leave , would the flag have to change ?

This was on breakfast news the other day, apparently not.

Hey Finnegan, why is it stupid to think that it's so wrong for the Scots to get subsidies (uni, prescriptions etc) when we have to pay for them? Why should my mates leave uni with just shy of £10k of debt whilst Scottish teens get it free. In what way is that fair?

And you are soooo left wing, don't bother trying to deny it!! At least I acknowledge being a right wing nob.

And why would you want to deport me? I work (apprenticeship wage too low to pay tax), but pay car tax & other similar things and most importantly, put money into LCFC ;)

Hey Finnegan, why is it stupid to think that it's so wrong for the Scots to get subsidies (uni, prescriptions etc) when we have to pay for them? Why should my mates leave uni with just shy of £10k of debt whilst Scottish teens get it free. In what way is that fair?

And you are soooo left wing, don't bother trying to deny it!! At least I acknowledge being a right wing nob.

And why would you want to deport me? I work (apprenticeship wage too low to pay tax), but pay car tax & other similar things and most importantly, put money into LCFC ;)

How long have you got? :whistle:

Well, maybe you could have those things if that's where English government decided to spend money on. They get subsidised prescriptions and tuition fees because that's where Holyrood have decided to spend the nations budget.

Archived