Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

The best of the 60s

I'll start with The Beatles' greatest song;

Really love this sort of music. Obviously The Beatles are my favourite, but I love The Kinks as well. Its a shame they were overshadowed (and still underrated).

And, it's also a shame that Ray Davies and Dave Davies fight all the time. Not sure if they like each other again now, but I watched a programme about the Kinks once and their manager said he was in the corner watching on as the Davies' brothers fought in the studio.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Really love this sort of music. Obviously The Beatles are my favourite, but I love The Kinks as well. Its a shame they were overshadowed (and still underrated).

And, it's also a shame that Ray Davies and Dave Davies fight all the time. Not sure if they like each other again now, but I watched a programme about the Kinks once and their manager said he was in the corner watching on as the Davies' brothers fought in the studio.

Apparently they only contact each other by email nowadays which is a shame. Off to see Ray Davies in October, cannot wait- not a living person i'd rather see.

Like this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc0F-fw3tkY

Edited by Watson

This could turn into a great thread. Another favourite,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJzcF0v1eOE

Apparently they only contact each other by email nowadays which is a shame. Off to see Ray Davies in October, cannot wait- not a living person i'd rather see.

Yeah, it is a shame. I thought when Dave had his stroke, they got became close again but obviously not. I'd like to see Ray Davies as well, he is a legend. Hope you enjoy it, I'm sure you will. Seen him on tv before, usually includes the fans when singing 'Dedicated Follower Of Fashion'. Quality.

Yeah, it is a shame. I thought when Dave had his stroke, they got became close again but obviously not. I'd like to see Ray Davies as well, he is a legend. Hope you enjoy it, I'm sure you will. Seen him on tv before, usually includes the fans when singing 'Dedicated Follower Of Fashion'. Quality.

Yeah, unfortunatley i can never see another Kinks reunion, expecially after Peter Quaife's death. Cheers, i'm certain i will. Yup, that and Lola, which is my favourite Kinks song.

One of my personal favourite Beatles songs:

• Like 1

Yep, that's a good song, and a song Lennon wrote. 'A Hard Days Night' album is one of their best. 'The Beatles/White Album' is my favourite though...

A couple of my favourite Beatles songs, both wrote by Lennon. Always makes me laugh at 1:04 during 'Dont Let Me Down'.

• Like 1