Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
m00nie

lcfc job vacancy apprenticeship

work for LCFC as a trainee chef.. close contact with the players... be an ITK.. travel with them on the away coach.. and get paid for doing it..

Vacancy Description

An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to take on the position of Apprentice Chef at the training ground and King Power stadium of Leicester City Football Club.

As a member of the kitchen team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of working within a busy kitchen under the supervision of the Head Chef Gary Payne.

You will be required to cook and prepare as per company requirements while maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the kitchen. You will be trained in cooking, stock management, and other aspects of running a complex kitchen in a challenging environment.

The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to become a chef and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry. This role will vary from cooking and preparing diets to fit in with the nutritional requirement of a professional footballer to fine dining needed for directors and club executives. On occasion you will be required to travel with the first team to provide match day support for away fixtures.

This position will give the top candidate the chance to progress right up the career ladder and we will invest a great deal of time and effort to support the best individual. In the longer term, and for the right person, this may lead to substantial opportunities for the Apprentice to progress through within the sector.

Consequently we are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.

Key Details

Vacancy TitleCommis Chef Apprentice

EmployerLeicester City Football Club

Employer Description

Leicester City Football Club.

This position is based at the Multi Million Pound Refurbished Training Ground. You will also be require to support at The King Power stadium on match days.

Web Sitehttp://www.lcfc.com

Vacancy Location

The King Power Stadium

Filbert Way

Leicester

Leicestershire

LE2 7FL

Working Week40 hours flexible 8-4pm / match days

Weekly Wage£ 150.00

Number of Vacancies1

Vacancy Reference NumberVAC000194258

Key Dates

Closing Date For Applications03/09/2012

Interview Begin From10/09/2012

Possible Start Date17/09/2012

https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchingservice.lsc.gov.uk/

Guest MattP

work for LCFC as a trainee chef.. close contact with the players... be an ITK.. travel with them on the away coach.. and get paid for doing it..

Vacancy Description

An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to take on the position of Apprentice Chef at the training ground and King Power stadium of Leicester City Football Club.

As a member of the kitchen team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of working within a busy kitchen under the supervision of the Head Chef Gary Payne.

You will be required to cook and prepare as per company requirements while maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the kitchen. You will be trained in cooking, stock management, and other aspects of running a complex kitchen in a challenging environment.

The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to become a chef and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry. This role will vary from cooking and preparing diets to fit in with the nutritional requirement of a professional footballer to fine dining needed for directors and club executives. On occasion you will be required to travel with the first team to provide match day support for away fixtures.

This position will give the top candidate the chance to progress right up the career ladder and we will invest a great deal of time and effort to support the best individual. In the longer term, and for the right person, this may lead to substantial opportunities for the Apprentice to progress through within the sector.

Consequently we are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.

Key Details

Vacancy TitleCommis Chef Apprentice

EmployerLeicester City Football Club

Employer Description

Leicester City Football Club.

This position is based at the Multi Million Pound Refurbished Training Ground. You will also be require to support at The King Power stadium on match days.

Web Sitehttp://www.lcfc.com

Vacancy Location

The King Power Stadium

Filbert Way

Leicester

Leicestershire

LE2 7FL

Working Week40 hours flexible 8-4pm / match days

Weekly Wage£ 150.00

Number of Vacancies1

Vacancy Reference NumberVAC000194258

Key Dates

Closing Date For Applications03/09/2012

Interview Begin From10/09/2012

Possible Start Date17/09/2012

https://apprenticesh...ice.lsc.gov.uk/

That sounds like you'll be in a soppy hat with the rest of them trying to work out which pie I ordered.

I know it's standard for Apprenticeships, but paying a young person £150 a week whilst some of our players rake in 20k a week is disgusting.

Why's that? They're getting paid to learn what can be a super job - and there's a lot of learning to do before they're likely to be considered an asset, some of it quite likely to be spent in the classroom.

My advice to anyone fancying the City job is to get in there if you can, do exactly what's asked of you with willingness and a smile and take every opportunity that comes along.

The hours can be tough - especially in special situations - and there's another chef waiting for anyone who can't or won't hack it as part of a team.

But the rewards are everything you want to make em and top chefs/restaurant owners can earn with the best if they've got the bottle and the imagination.

Certainly my own lad has had some wonderful experiences as a chef - free use of perhaps the best country club facilities in the land as well as similar facilities in Leicestershire, cooking for countless A-list celebrities, working his passage on Disney Cruise liners from Florida through the West Indies, learning skiing and snowboarding while attached to an alpine hotel - and now being part funded to acquire higher-grade qualifications.

He's not just learned chefing but how to cater to a high standard for hundreds of people at a time, how to be part of a team, how to lead a team. how to manage a restaurant and countless other things.

Even apprentice wages will probably be boosted by a share of any tips so it's not all gloomy even on the money front and the harder and better you work the sooner advancement opportunities arise.

It's also a job that's never going to disappear. People aren't going to stop eating and they're not going to stop using the best restaurants to do so.

Why's that? They're getting paid to learn what can be a super job - and there's a lot of learning to do before they're likely to be considered an asset, some of it quite likely to be spent in the classroom.

My advice to anyone fancying the City job is to get in there if you can, do exactly what's asked of you with willingness and a smile and take every opportunity that comes along.

The hours can be tough - especially in special situations - and there's another chef waiting for anyone who can't or won't hack it as part of a team.

But the rewards are everything you want to make em and top chefs/restaurant owners can earn with the best if they've got the bottle and the imagination.

Certainly my own lad has had some wonderful experiences as a chef - free use of perhaps the best country club facilities in the land as well as similar facilities in Leicestershire, cooking for countless A-list celebrities, working his passage on Disney Cruise liners from Florida through the West Indies, learning skiing and snowboarding while attached to an alpine hotel - and now being part funded to acquire higher-grade qualifications.

He's not just learned chefing but how to cater to a high standard for hundreds of people at a time, how to be part of a team, how to lead a team. how to manage a restaurant and countless other things.

Even apprentice wages will probably be boosted by a share of any tips so it's not all gloomy even on the money front and the harder and better you work the sooner advancement opportunities arise.

It's also a job that's never going to disappear. People aren't going to stop eating and they're not going to stop using the best restaurants to do so.

Agree with everything you said except for the first part.

A footballer on 20k a week gets paid 133 times more than this position offers, for less work. And they will still get that if they don't play, or if they play badly.

£150 isn't much these days, it'll cost him/her a whole days wages just to go to one city match. It just seems immoral to me. I mean, how much would an extra £100 on that weekly wage really affect the club?

If anything it just reiterates how obscene players wages are tbh.

A footballer on 20k a week gets paid 133 times more than this position offers, for less work. And they will still get that if they don't play, or if they play badly.

£150 isn't much these days, it'll cost him/her a whole days wages just to go to one city match. It just seems immoral to me. I mean, how much would an extra £100 on that weekly wage really affect the club?

Yeah but if the chef could stick the ball in the net 30 times a season then he'd be paid 20k a week. I don't your point. You saying we should pay a trainee chef 20k a week?

Yeah but if the chef could stick the ball in the net 30 times a season then he'd be paid 20k a week. I don't your point. You saying we should pay a trainee chef 20k a week?

He said we should maybe pay a trainee chef £250 a week... quite clearly.

150 of there English pound for 40 hours a week.

I wouldn't get out of bed for that.

Good opportunity to learn a good trade with good career at the end. However it will take a few years to learn and that starting wage is poor. It's got to be lower then the minimum wage.

this is an apprenticeship hence the wages.. more aimed at people 16-18.. it actually pays more than a lot of places do for apprenticeships. theres also a sales vacancy with lcfc that pays just £97..

Important Other Information

From the 1st October 2011 a National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices has been introduced for young people aged 16-18 and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new rate is £2.60 per hour. (£2.65 from October 2012)

Important Other Information

From the 1st October 2011 a National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices has been introduced for young people aged 16-18 and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new rate is £2.60 per hour. (£2.65 from October 2012)

:(

Apprenticeships should be about learning skills that allow you to go on and have a career. They are not about immediate short term gain.

Anything worth having is worth working hard for, and we all have to start at the bottom of the ladder.

And saying this wage should be comparable to a players is just plain stupid. It's all about worth to the business. Are 25,000 people going today to watch a trainee chef cook? No.

Apprenticeships should be about learning skills that allow you to go on and have a career. They are not about immediate short term gain.

Anything worth having is worth working hard for, and we all have to start at the bottom of the ladder.

And saying this wage should be comparable to a players is just plain stupid. It's all about worth to the business. Are 25,000 people going today to watch a trainee chef cook? No.

Agreed Tommyboy. My gf is doing an apprentership and although the hours are long and wages are appalling the long term benefits far outweigh the inconvenient hours and poor wage she has to put up with for the next 6 months.

In a time where jobs are hard to come by - I don't see why so many people are turning their noses up - and comparison to a footballer is stupid.

Well, the incentive is clear enough. People know that bankers, doctors, lawyers, footballers, politicians and others are paid far in excess of their "on-the-day" value on many occasions but most anyone is entirely free to develop the skills necessary to join them, if they can.

Well, the incentive is clear enough. People know that bankers, doctors, lawyers, footballers, politicians and others are paid far in excess of their "on-the-day" value on many occasions but most anyone is entirely free to develop the skills necessary to join them, if they can.

Add Vets to that list...

I know it's standard for Apprenticeships, but paying a young person £150 a week whilst some of our players rake in 20k a week is disgusting.

football pay for staff is poor all just above minimum wage i went for a job got offered it but the pay was so poor i said no thanks..its not just at lcfc all football club pay for the staff is poor apprentice or not :-(

Archived