Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

I colect vinyl too, tonnes of places online, pressings thesedays are a little hit and miss but still prefer it to any other format.

What are peoples set ups like?

Mine is wall mounted and I have a clearaudio concept, not the best looker but its a nice turntable.

clearaudio_concept_se_600.jpg

Big passion for vinyl here. I have not got all mine up on discog yet but I am working on it.

Amazon, HMV, norman, rockbox, Banquet, Boomkat, Juno, Chemical, Jumbo, Uvinyl, What and of course direct from the artist. One of the first three are usually cheapest but Juno can also be cheap. It does pay to shop around.

I only started collecting last year and I love it .. I've listed my collection on dead format, it's a really cool site to buy vinyl from other people also ..

http://deadformat.ne...list/thisisjdog

If you know anyone at all, or anywhere I can get Common Dreads by Enter Shikari, please let me know! been looking for it for ages!

Edit: This is the player I have;

ROXY-1-BLACK-md.JPG

Edited by Litster

I only started collecting last year and I love it .. I've listed my collection on dead format, it's a really cool site to buy vinyl from other people also ..

http://deadformat.ne...list/thisisjdog

If you know anyone at all, or anywhere I can get Common Dreads by Enter Shikari, please let me know! been looking for it for ages!

Edit: This is the player I have;

ROXY-1-BLACK-md.JPG

is that one of those combo ones...if it is you really should get a dedicated player the sound will be better.

is that one of those combo ones...if it is you really should get a dedicated player the sound will be better.

I only have this for the time being, The missus is buying me a decent one for Christmas, I'd buy one sooner but i've just moved house and i'm broke haha!

I know how good it sounds aswell, listen to my friends alot!

My old boys got an absolute shedload of Dylan / Springsteen / Stones vinyl hiding behind our old record player downstairs, along with foreign newspapers from the 70s, 80s etc when he saw acts abroad in places like Toronto / Hong Kong.

Had a gander at what else he had (out of interest) the other day and there was a copy of Whirlpool by Chapterhouse in there, great effort.

• Like 1

My old boys got an absolute shedload of Dylan / Springsteen / Stones vinyl hiding behind our old record player downstairs, along with foreign newspapers from the 70s, 80s etc when he saw acts abroad in places like Toronto / Hong Kong.

Had a gander at what else he had (out of interest) the other day and there was a copy of Whirlpool by Chapterhouse in there, great effort.

How much does he want for 'em?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just spotted this, so I thought I'd add a bit.

I have a Linn LP12 which I've had since 1981. It has Linn Klyde cartridge and Akito tonearm.

I have been collecting since the 60's so I have a few nice albums. nearly all them were UK pressed so are heavier that US or European records were. I have a couple of mono Beatles Albums, half speed mastered Bat Out of Hell, Crime of the Century and Year of The Cat.

Just spotted this, so I thought I'd add a bit.

I have a Linn LP12 which I've had since 1981. It has Linn Klyde cartridge and Akito tonearm.

I have been collecting since the 60's so I have a few nice albums. nearly all them were UK pressed so are heavier that US or European records were. I have a couple of mono Beatles Albums, half speed mastered Bat Out of Hell, Crime of the Century and Year of The Cat.

Nice, I've got a huge list of vinyl wants.....wish they werent so expensive I always buy new as 2nd hand can be dodgy as most people seen unable to class the condition correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dont know if you guys have come across this site http://www.beatdelete.com/

Lists out of press records. You can 'vote' by buying a copy of an album. When it gets enough votes, it gets a repress and you dont get charged until they dispatch it.

Not everybodys tastes but its a great idea.

'Voted' for Bonobo, Roots Manuva and Dan le Sac

Did you hear the new Bonobo track with Erykah Badu?

Dont know if you guys have come across this site http://www.beatdelete.com/

Lists out of press records. You can 'vote' by buying a copy of an album. When it gets enough votes, it gets a repress and you dont get charged until they dispatch it.

Not everybodys tastes but its a great idea.

'Voted' for Bonobo, Roots Manuva and Dan le Sac

I seen this the other day.

Can't believe it's that hard to get the Freeze i.o.u. song though. See it in almost all charity shops I visit, Why would it need repressing??

£10 for the caribou LP's & CD's sounds great value to me :thumbup: Gonna get my order in

Edited by Rocket-Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Nice.

Had to renew my house insurance...contents include my record collection, I had to have a clause put into the policy due to the valuation of my collection, means my insurance will go up, it wasnt worth having a low estimate its took me 30 years to build up so a little more on my premium is needed.

I guess thats the advantage of having your collection on an ipod...lol...although I will never understand how people can buy something like music and not physically have it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...