Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

Yep, it's great to see.

Very true. Great to get Nick Cave albums for £13 when they are usually £80 and from what I have read they sound good.

Not only through ebay & discogs. got a couple of the Akira ost bootlegs from Norman the other month.

Do they mark them as bootlegs?

looking at buying a record player can anybody reccomend one ? it has to not take up too much room in te corner of my lounge but i want good sound at a reasonable price £100 ish

For £100 ish I'd be looking on Ebay for an old Dual CS 505 or a NAD 5120 both will sound 10 times better than anything you could buy new for the same price.

• 1 month later...

Interesting video about the vinyl release of Jack White's latest record. Done quite a bit to make it different from your average album (its a decent album anyway without these vinyl gimmicks)

- 180 gram vinyl

- 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels

- 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record 

- Side A plays from the outside in

- Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for "Just One Drink" depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.

- Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record

- Both sides end with locked grooves

- Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format

- Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record

- Zero compression used during mastering of this LP

- Different running order from the CD/digital version

- LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version

UK vinyl sales set to top one million for first time since 1996

UK vinyl sales set to top one million for first time since 1996

Annual vinyl sales approach 18-year high

2014VinylRecords_Getty451427063171014.jp

The vinyl revival continues with UK sales reported to be at their highest point since 1996.

2014VinylRecords_Getty166658197171014.jpVinyl sales in the UK are set to reach the one million mark this year. The last time UK vinyl sales hit the seven-digit mark was in 1996.

Billboard report that vinyl sales are currently close to 800,000, "with the all-important holiday season still to come". Last year, only 780,674 vinyl sales were recorded for the entire calendar year.

Earlier this year, Jack White's new album 'Lazaretto' was recently confirmed as the highest-selling vinyl album since Pearl Jam in 1994.

Picked up Springsteen's debut album, 30+ years old but plays better than some new vinyl.

got most of the old springsteen stuff on vinyl, now just need to shell out £160 for the remastered boxset coming out next month!

Can't wait till rough trade Notingham opens shortly, however with it being almost next to The Music exchange I hope they can survive because they are an excellent shop.

my nicest recent purchase is the Sun Kil Moon album Benji on clear vinyl, one of my favourite albums this year. 

got most of the old springsteen stuff on vinyl, now just need to shell out £160 for the remastered boxset coming out next month!

Can't wait till rough trade Notingham opens shortly, however with it being almost next to The Music exchange I hope they can survive because they are an excellent shop.

my nicest recent purchase is the Sun Kil Moon album Benji on clear vinyl, one of my favourite albums this year. 

Yes hopefully they'll attract the same customers and bothdo well.  Not sure I'll bother about the springsteen collection because now I have the original springsteen vinyl's , nice collection if you don't though.

• 2 weeks later...

I started collecting records when I was 17. (Just after I got my first part time job.) I'd say it mainly consists of Morrissey and The Smiths. Proud to say I have all the original Smiths UK Rough Trade album and single releases. I've got a few fairly rare Morrissey releases, nothing major though. My collection is all original pressings as well, no reissues, I think they're worth the extra money. The pride of my collection has to be a first run of Led Zeppelin's untitled 4th album, the one credited to Peter Grant. Worth a few quid.

Edited by baylisslcfc

I started collecting records when I was 17. (Just after I got my first part time job.) I'd say it mainly consists of Morrissey and The Smiths. Proud to say I have all the original Smiths UK Rough Trade album and single releases. I've got a few fairly rare Morrissey releases, nothing major though. My collection is all original pressings as well, no reissues, I think they're worth the extra money. The pride of my collection has to be a first run of Led Zeppelin's untitled 4th album, the one credited to Peter Grant. Worth a few quid.

Nice, another Smiths fan. Personally always wanted Strangeways on vinyl (though my favourite album has always been "Meat Is Murder").

Is that you on the left (with the black hair) on your twitter picture? Seen you (or whoever it is) in the 1884 Sports Bar before games.

You can find out what your Smiths stuff is worth here http://www.discogs.com/artist/83080-Smiths-The although prices tend to be overstated on discogs

Nice, another Smiths fan. Personally always wanted Strangeways on vinyl (though my favourite album has always been "Meat Is Murder").

Is that you on the left (with the black hair) on your twitter picture? Seen you (or whoever it is) in the 1884 Sports Bar before games.

I'd say Strangeways is my favourite! Meat Is Murder has some classic songs. Well I Wonder and Nowhere Fast being two belters.

No I'm the ginger one on the right (sadly), but yes you probably will have seen us in there. We're always in the 1884 before the game.

Edited by baylisslcfc

Hi i'm new on here...i went to a car boot sale in ravenstone years ago..picked up a few bits and bobs but there was one album 'a tribute to the rolling stones' the pupils...turned out to be a band called the eyes who were a underground garage 60's band....it cost me 50 p...i sold it for 150 quid.

Todays Vinyl Purchases:

Hookworms - The Hum Indy only clear vinyl with bonus 7"

Soulside - Trigger Dischord Reissue

Slant 6- Soda Pop Rip Off Dischord Reissue

Tom Waits - Bad as Me

Tom Waits - Blood Money

The Music exchange in Nottingham is a cracking little shop in more ways than one, a special place

Todays Vinyl Purchases:

Hookworms - The Hum Indy only clear vinyl with bonus 7"

Soulside - Trigger Dischord Reissue

Slant 6- Soda Pop Rip Off Dischord Reissue

Tom Waits - Bad as Me

Tom Waits - Blood Money

The Music exchange in Nottingham is a cracking little shop in more ways than one, a special place

The Hum is even better than Pearl Mystic, you'll enjoy that one