Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

I have the following left if anyone's interested :)

LP's

ALL PRICES HAVE 1st CLASS POST INCLUDED! :) postage discounts for multiple records !

ACDC - highway to hell (red) £14

ACDC - for those about to rock £14

ACDC - BACK IN BLACK PROMO £15

ACDC - blow up your video £11

Beach boys - 20 golden hits £10

Beach boys - l.a. (Light album) £10

Dio - holy diver (rsd 2014) £15

Johnny cash - crazy thing called love £9

Johnny cash - live san quentin £9

Johnny cash with hot &blue guitar RSD £17

The lonely island - incredibad £14

The lonely island - turtleneck and chain £14

James brown - sex machine £8

James brown - solid gold hits £8

Metallica - live in Europe 2011 £14

Michael Jackson - thriller £11

Michael Jackson - off the wall £11

Motorhead - overkill RSD 2014 EBAY £14

Motorhead - Motorhead import 87/500 £16

7"

HOLY DIVER - DIO/KSE RSD

NAI HARVEST - hold open my head

I have a varied collection but have got a bit folky recently and have started listening to Ewan MacColl. I know that he did Radio Ballads in the 1960s and would like to get my hands on a few. The first one I was looking for was the last one to be made: The Travelling People; mainly because a friend says that the interview with the police officer on it is unbelievable. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be regularly available and having looked on Discogs the only copy there seems to be quite expensive for something where the media is not deserving of the price (and it is in the states and, therefore, there is the additional shipping costs). I don't have a great deal of money for this. If anyone sees it on their travels, or has it, then let me know.

http://www.discogs.com/Ewan-MacColl-Peggy-Seeger-and-Charles-Parker-The-Travelling-People-A-Radio-Ballad-By-Ewan-MacColl-Pe/release/2180946

• 2 months later...

Record store day, anybody getting anything?

Been looking forward to Johnny Marr's release again this year. B side is a live version of 'Please, Please' from the gig I was at in Manchester last year.

Saw the Telegraph's top ten the other day

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/11539638/Record-Store-Day-2015-the-10-must-buy-collectors-items.html

• 3 months later...

Seen an advert on Gumtree from a company called 'Rare Northern Soul' (Great Glen).

Had a quick browse of their website and they sell quite a few 70's records for anyone interested.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 4 weeks later...

I bought an old Thorens TD160 turntable a while back promising myself I would restore it and change the tone arm. It is still sat there waiting for me to do anything with it.

Does anyone know anywhere locally that would restore it?

I bought an old Thorens TD160 turntable a while back promising myself I would restore it and change the tone arm. It is still sat there waiting for me to do anything with it.

Does anyone know anywhere locally that would restore it?

That's one nice looking turntable, a new tonearm would be a good choice even if it was working ok, not the best for that model.  Good luck finding someone to restore it, I can't help with that.

Got the new motorhead album earlier today and it seems to be playing a bit slowly. It's definitely going at 33rpm but the speed feels a bit wobbly - what's the solution?

Edit: Solved it, it's got a folding lid and any 12"s are just running along the felt slightly - folded it back and it's sorted.

Edited by The Doctor

Was at Croft car boot this morning and picked up these for less than £20

Band On The Run - Wings

Atlantic Crossing - Rod Stewart

Regatta De Blanc - The Police

Vienna - Ultravox

She Sells Sanctuary 12" - The Cult

Night Owl - Gerry Rafferty

City to City - Gerry Rafferty

Out Of The Blue - ELO

Discovery - ELO

Manifesto - Roxy Music

Flesh and Blood - Roxy Music

5x12" singles - Heaven 17

• 3 weeks later...

Does old vinyl sell anywhere or does it have to be pristine?

Got a couple of oddities from my youth or my sister's youth.

Yellow vinyl Tourists

Green Vinyl Clark Kent (Stewart Copeland)

Pink vinyl  - some punk or maybe goth band probably but can't remember at the moment

Crass box set.

few Beatles singles but well used!

Purchased all The Who re-issues, pretty good pressings.  I've purchased more cd's than vinyl recently after a splurge of buying loads of stuff by new artists, I often buy new artists on cd because I never know if I'll dig them enough to start getting their releases on the black stuff....so it works out cheaper.

I buy way to many records, mostly from a local shop, right next to the college campus where I work.

Last week I bought the new Beirut album No No No and a used k.d.lang LP.  Saturday I bought the new Carter Tutti Void album f(x) and a used Duke Ellington LP.  Looking forward to the new New Order album, but the vinyl may be delayed a week or two here in the states.

I have several Technics turntables, currently a SL-M3 linear tracker at home and a SL-MA1 in my office at work.

Edited by Foe

I got the 3 disc Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Psychedelic Pill with the artwork on side 6.

Great album, it's just a shame the opening track doesn't fit onto one side. The changeover is smooth because the song fades in and out a lot but it still doesn't feel right.

Didn't know that! Bloody 28 minutes long ain't it? :D decent album though, better than most of what he's done in the last 15 years