Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bwfcbob123

Greetings From Bolton

Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

• Leicester currently sit in 4th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far?
  • Is promotion a realistic possibility this season under Nigel Pearson?
  • In the summer, Matt Mills swapped the King Power Stadium for the Reebok Stadium. Did you rate him as a player? Were you sad to see him go?
  • Bolton's new manager Dougie Freedman took charge of his first game on Saturday, when the wanderers beat Cardiff 2-1. Do yu rate Freedman as a manager? Do you think that this is a good move for him?
  • David Nugent is currently your top scorer with 6 goals. Who else is likely to be a danger to the Bolton goal on Tuesday?
  • Which Bolton player do you think Nigel Pearson will be earmarking as a potential threat to his team?
  • And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok on Tuesday evening?

• Leicester currently sit in 4th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far?

Mixed. At times we've played some nice stuff, others we have huffed and puffed and got nothing.

If he strengthens the squad with defensive cover and a goalscorer yes.

• In the summer, Matt Mills swapped the King Power Stadium for the Reebok Stadium. Did you rate him as a player? Were you sad to see him go?

He is an overrated donkey of a defender that I was delighted to see leave the club. He had a huge ego problem also.

• Bolton's new manager Dougie Freedman took charge of his first game on Saturday, when the wanderers beat Cardiff 2-1. Do yu rate Freedman as a manager? Do you think that this is a good move for him?

I rate Lennie Lawrence his number 2, luckily for you he has also moved over.

• David Nugent is currently your top scorer with 6 goals. Who else is likely to be a danger to the Bolton goal on Tuesday?

He is always a danger, in fact right now in front of goal he is our only danger.

• Which Bolton player do you think Nigel Pearson will be earmarking as a potential threat to his team?

If we play well it wont matter.

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok on Tuesday evening?

After two defeats on the bounce I dare not think of anything else than a Foxes win 2-1. Anything less will have the moaners, doubters and the owners frowning.

1. I suppose 4th is alright but we should be higher really having lost games we dominated and the last two games we've been clueless

2. Need more depth in the squad to go up, last two have shown that

3. Delighted to see him go, hoofs it evertime, slow, bad attitude and didnt fit in here at all

4. To be fair I thought DF was an okay manager bit thought it was a bad move for all parties.

5. Thats the problem, only player who looks likely to score and even he has missed too many, Kings late runs will be a danger and Knockaert could get into those positions

6. Mark Davies surely

7. Another 2-1 win for you

• Leicester currently sit in 4th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far? - Inconsistent, we went on an amazing unbeaten run but have also had a run of 3 losses in a row, and we have just lost our last 2 games.

• Is promotion a realistic possibility this season under Nigel Pearson? - Absolutely, we might be 1 or 2 players short but we can get them in on loan. Pearson is the man

• In the summer, Matt Mills swapped the King Power Stadium for the Reebok Stadium. Did you rate him as a player? Were you sad to see him go? - HA! Sorry mate, but he is a very unpopular figure here. We massively overpaid for him, he never produced his best. He showed flashes but overall he was a big failure here. He fell out of favour with our manager and did not play for us at the back end of last season.

• Bolton's new manager Dougie Freedman took charge of his first game on Saturday, when the wanderers beat Cardiff 2-1. Do yu rate Freedman as a manager? Do you think that this is a good move for him? - Yes I do rate him, he has really turned Palace around! No offence but i was shocked when he joined you. I don't see Bolton as a bigger club than Palace really, similar stadiums and support level.

• David Nugent is currently your top scorer with 6 goals. Who else is likely to be a danger to the Bolton goal on Tuesday? - We are struggling for Strikers who can put the ball in the back of the net. If he is on it, you should watch out for Knockaert, has scored a couple of corkers so far this year.

• Which Bolton player do you think Nigel Pearson will be earmarking as a potential threat to his team? - I thought you did so well to hang on to Sordell, but he hasn't exactly been banging them in this season. Chris Eagles is another obviously. OH, and Mark Davies...we had him on loan here, quality player should be in the Prem. In fact you have a great squad, you should be doing so so much better. Certainly not Mills though...

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok on Tuesday evening? - You have a new manager, which usually brings temporary form. I would say a draw, 2-2 as our defence could be a weak point.

Good, when we play well we play really well and when we play bad it's like we've never turned up, we need to sort that out, luckly we've played well more than bad though.

Yes.

No and no, was more than happy to see him go. Reading fans has a similar opinion when Mills ended up here, I thought it was sour grapes - They were right and I dare say you will have a similar opinion when he leaves you, he is bad news.

Don't really know much about him as a manager if i'm honest.

Tbh he is our only really threat strikerwise - We don't need any more strikers though - What we need are goalscorers, our second threat would be midfielder Andy King.

The whole team hopefully, not just one player.

1-1. Hopefully a much better improvement in performance from us, need to bounce back, a draw wouldn't be a great result for us but after the last 2 games and the performances a draw would be a nice change.

• Good but I believe we could do even better as we continue
  • Yes, absolutely
  • I rated him when he came in, I didn't when he left
  • Hard to say, I think he was gifted a very talented Palace side which made things easier for him. I don't understand why he'd leave Palace for Bolton who, no offence, aren't in as good a position as Palace.
  • Knockaert, superb on form
  • Kevin Davies
  • 1-1

Up and down. Inconsistent start with good displays which led to a very good run. Last few games have been disappointing but league position is decent.

Very realistic. We'll finish in the top six minimum im confident in staying that much.

Nobody rated mills. He was a liability at the back. Distribution was poor and leadership was non existent. Got ridiculously sent off twice too. Glad he went.

Clearly he did really well at Palace leaving them promotion contenders, far from where they were when he joined. Good appointment for Bolton i think.

Knockaert is always threatening just depends on how he is marked and played against. If the real Ben Marshall turns up he is also a exciting player.

Kevin Davies. He'll boss one of our defenders in particular if young Liam Moore plays in that role. Very fearful of the aerial battle which Davies will win there unless Morgan deals with him instead.

2-0 to Bolton. We're in a mini slump at the moment whilst Bolton will soon be up there under Freedman i think. Easy win for the Trotters with us not really being in the game

1) generally good, but we give away sloppy goal early

2) anything can happen in the champ so yes,

3) No, he was a bigtime Charlie who only came for the money, not in the slightest.

4) he did a good job palace, he's inexperienced so I think this job will make or break him as a manager

5)no-one really! Vardy and waghorn are out of form so probs king from midfield.

6) mark davies, nige knows all about him!

7) 1-1

I hope this has helped ;)

Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

In order:

Overall, decent. But there had been times that our defence are porous and our strikers havent been too efficient with our shots to goals ratio. Corners are another example both when we try and score from one and when we try to defend from one.

I'd say so. But one thing that's holding us back for November's games is the size of our squad. Looking back on our tremendous run of form, I got the feeling that we could beat anyone anywhere. We just need to get that positive momentum back and confidence.

lol

I'm very surprised he left Palace. He is a decent manager and I think he'll bring you back into the frame.

Knockaert and the partnership of Lonchesly and Dyer can be lethal late in the game to tire your defence even more and then there's Marshall.

I would say Ngog but he's suspended. Your CBs also like to get up front and assist, attack, etc. Your Korean player also seems a threat.

2-1 Bolton or Leicester. It just depends on what team and formation we play as we're lacking in defensive and attacking options.

Our season so far has been good, particularly during our unbeaten run, which coincided with good officiating. However, we are 5 points down on where we should be thanks to questionnable decisions made by the linesman more so than the ref tbh.

Promotion is possible but we are short at the back and don't have enough depth in these positions atm. A couple of decent loan acquisitions could see us top two, no question. With a little bit of luck, and good officiating, which is hard to come by in this league.

Matt Mills is dreadful. If you rate "hoof" and poor temperament, then good for you. Sad to see him go? No, sad for you that he's with you. But it's not our problem anymore.

He'll probably get you there or thereabouts. There's not a lot of quality in this league outside the top eight teams or so. Consistency is key.

Marshall, Knockaert, King in open play. We are not dangerous from set pieces.

I have no idea. Davies is still kicking about isn't he? He must be about 40 by now.

1-1.

1. We've had a good start to the season so far, Pearson has built a good squad with players who have the right attitude and the ability to at least challenge for automatic promotion. We've been unlucky with a few results early on, recently however we've lost a couple of games without performing brilliantly so it might be a good time to face us from your point of view.

2. Yes, I'm pretty certain we'll be in the top six come the end of the season, Pearson is a very good manager, we've got a good squad and I think we've certainly got a chance.

3. :crylaugh:

4. To some extent, but I don't know an awful lot about him. I thought his 'They may have won 3-0, but they didn't deserve the three points' comments from our game last year were pretty funny, but he has done a decent job as Palace. Can't say I particularly like him, and personally I think he has made a big mistake in joining Bolton.

5. Andy King, very good goalscoring midfielder, always capable of finding the back of the net.

6. Mark Davies, he signed him on loan and would have happily signed him. Great player, wish we had him.

7. Think we'll bounce back, with a little help from Matt Mills hopefully, with a 2-1 win.

​We've not had the results that most of our performances have deserved. The 5 game winning/ 6 game unbeaten run took us to the top of the league. & now losing 2 in a row has took us back down to 4th. I'm still happy with that position, as long as we're in and around the playoffs and challenging for the autos I'll be happy.

​Definitely! I'm a massive Nigel Pearson fan, and believe he's one of the best managers outside of the premier league. Hopefully we'll be around the top of the table in January, and that will allow us to strengthen more, for a last push. I think we also need a couple of loans in in the next couple of weeks (a striker, and a defender).

​When he was here, I always hoped that he would improve. But apart from a few man of the match performances (mainly when we were on TV), he was a complete failure here. He had a massive ego, which didn't help him, and led to him falling out with Pearson. He was never going to play for us again, so I was happy to see him gone for a decent fee. Enjoy his hoofing ;)

• Bolton's new manager Dougie Freedman took charge of his first game on Saturday, when the wanderers beat Cardiff 2-1. Do you rate Freedman as a manager? Do you think that this is a good move for him

​I honestly don't know that much about him, but he did well at Palace with limited funds, so on that basis, I think he's a decent appointment for you.

Anthony Knockaert (if he plays), a tricky winger/attacking midfielder/striker who has no ends of tricks and flicks up his sleeve, and has a good shot on him too. He's off form at the minute, but if he finds his form then Ben Marshall. Andy King's late runs always cause teams problems. And if he's fit, Jamie Vardy's workrate sometimes causes problems.

​I've not seen Bolton play yet this season, but from his loan spell with us in league 1, Mark Davies. Pearson will know all about him, and hopefully know how to take him out of the game.

I don't like predicting scores, but after 2 defeats in a row, I think we'll bounce back and I'm hoping we'll snatch a 2-1 win :)

Up and down, played some really good football at times which seems to have been Sussed out by now.
    No.
    Had about 2 good games for us, rest he was garbage, horrific long balls that always gave away a throw in. Shlte discipline and leadership too.
    Yeah he's a great manager, he'll do well for you and it is good move for him.
    Rest of our strikers are league one standard apart from Nugent, Knockaert, Marshall and King are our main threats
    The whole team we are a bunch of drips at the back
    2-0 to Bolton.

• Leicester currently sit in 4th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far? - Been good, seen some good football and some bad mistakes.
  • Is promotion a realistic possibility this season under Nigel Pearson? - In my eyes yes
  • In the summer, Matt Mills swapped the King Power Stadium for the Reebok Stadium. Did you rate him as a player? Were you sad to see him go? - Not sad at all, thought he was bigger than the club and was overrated
  • Bolton's new manager Dougie Freedman took charge of his first game on Saturday, when the wanderers beat Cardiff 2-1. Do yu rate Freedman as a manager? Do you think that this is a good move for him? - good move for you, done well at palace with limited funds
  • David Nugent is currently your top scorer with 6 goals. Who else is likely to be a danger to the Bolton goal on Tuesday? - Probably King and Knockaert, we need another striker
  • Which Bolton player do you think Nigel Pearson will be earmarking as a potential threat to his team? - Davies, but not really seen you play this season other than highlights
  • And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok on Tuesday evening? Unsure to be honest, i'm going for a 2-2 draw

• Leicester currently sit in 4th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far

Like a box of chocolates - you never know whatcha gonna get...Still, better than last season.

It's a possibilty, whether realistic or not remains to be seen. Despite recent results/performances, promotion/playoffs are there for the taking. I think the same could be said for around a dozen teams though.

Not in the slightest :wave: he never cut the mustard here; he thought he was too good to be dropped and it seemed as though his professionalism (lack of) affected the team. Better to get rid and start over. As a player, he had good days and (more) bad days, he seemed to like hoof ball. He'll no doubt bang a hat-trick in against us!

• Bolton's new manager Dougie Freedman took charge of his first game on Saturday, when the wanderers beat Cardiff 2-1. Do yu rate Freedman as a manager?

I can't comment as I know naff all about him really.

• Do you think that this is a good move for him?

Well he seemed to do ok with Palace with limited financial backing, I'd guess Bolton are better off financially (correct if I'm wrong) so I can't see it being too bad an appointment. What are the thoughts of BWFC fans?

Anthony Knockheart can pop up with a screamer, Andy King can sneak in with a goal or two. That's one thing that can be said about this season, we're getting goals from all over the park which can only be a good thing.

I'd probably go with Matt Mills at set pieces, I'm sure he'll be vying to get a goal against us.

I think you'll beat us 2-1 (I hope I'm wrong though)

• Being 4th currently feels like a disappointment after our flyer of a run which had us top of the table. While it was nice being top, I was aware that several other clubs had been top and then dropped down the table dramatically. Were we a flash in the pan or could we pull away from the pack? It looks like the former at this moment.
  • We are 4th after 14 games which is a decent position. We seem to have lost our mojo at the minute and we need to find it again quickly to keep in touch with the top 2. Even if we do lose touch, I wouldn't bet against a late run for the playoffs. I have a feeling this is our year.
  • I was excited about Mills when he signed but a couple of early mistakes on top of a poor attitude made me glad to see the back of him. How is he for Bolton?
  • Freedman could be a managerial star in the making, although he still has a lot to prove. I think Bolton's recent Premier League history makes Bolton a step up for him. I suspect he will be successful for you but I hope he takes a while to settle for our sakes!
  • We are lacking a cutting edge up front as many people have pointed out. I think Vardy could make the grade but after a promising start, his progress has stalled. We have the potential for goals from midfield, with Andy King's late runs always a danger added to a spectacular long range threat from Knockaert, Marshall and Konchesky. We have scored in every game this year.
  • I think the score will be 2-1...to someone.

We are only 3 points off top with 32 games to go, out of the top 2 atm, only Cardiff look like the team that could finish first Middlesborough are nothing special imo, we beat them. If we don't finish in the top 2 it would be a travesty seeing as this year the overall quality in the league is down although the competitiveness remains.

Leicester currently sit in 4th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far?

Started slowly but seem to be coming together although the last two results/performances have dropped.

Is promotion a realistic possibility this season under Nigel Pearson?

Yes. I personally think he is a good, upcoming manager that has rebuilt the team here (again).

In the summer, Matt Mills swapped the King Power Stadium for the Reebok Stadium. Did you rate him as a player? Were you sad to see him go?

Don't rate him, and not sad to see him go.

Bolton's new manager Dougie Freedman took charge of his first game on Saturday, when the wanderers beat Cardiff 2-1. Do you rate Freedman as a manager? Do you think that this is a good move for him?

I rate Freedman, and his number two. Did very well at Palace to turn them from relegation candidates into promotion rivals. Hes moved to a slightly bigger club (no disrespect to Palace) with different ambitions though.

David Nugent is currently your top scorer with 6 goals. Who else is likely to be a danger to the Bolton goal on Tuesday?

If on form, both Knockaert and Marshall. Both can be creative, effective and score goals.

Which Bolton player do you think Nigel Pearson will be earmarking as a potential threat to his team?

Most, if not all of your team, has quality. Pretty sure he might have his eye on Mark Davies who played here for a bit, can be creative and keeps the ball very well.

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok on Tuesday evening?

Bolton 3-0 Leicester. I'm not confident, put it that way.

1) On the whole, pretty good. We've played much better football and until the last two games we very solid defensively. We've taken several points from the teams in and around us but our problem in recent years has been our application against those towards the bottom. Sort that out and we'll do a lot better.

2) Yes. This league isn't great, there is no outstanding team, we have as good a chance as any.

3) He was a real mixed bag of great and ridiculous moments. His price tag seemed to hinder him and it was best for all that he left, and was replaced by a far better player in Wes Morgan. With hindsight, a waste of money.

4) Freedman did well at Palace, but whether he'll improve on that away from a comfortable atmosphere where he was adored to a pressurised and expectant environment waits to be seen. Seems to talk a good game (apart from believing his team deserved something from a 3-0 defeat last season!)

5) If on form, Anthony Knockaert will be very dangerous. Andy King is often "invisible" but an expert finisher.

6) Mark Davies, having worked with him before.

7) A close game, 1-1.

'In the summer, Matt Mills swapped the King Power Stadium for the Reebok Stadium. Did you rate him as a player? Were you sad to see him go?'

You seem to be implying that he ditched us to join you. If I remember rightly, we offloaded him because he was shite, overpaid, wasn't getting into the first team and didn't get on with the manager.

And no, we don't miss him! :thumbup:

Surprisingly good.

It's more a probability than a possibility.

I liked him at first when he gave his all. He was very good at somethings and terrible at others. He had to go in the end as he couldn't reconcile his differences with the manager. Given the choice I'd have him as a back-up Central defender in the squad - replacing SSL.

Seems decent. whether it's good for him I have no idea. I remember Bolton in the first division with us but haven't followed them since.

The beauty of the Leicester attack is that you never know where the goal will come from. Any one of six or seven players could score the next goal.

I'm sorry I don't follow the bolton.

Bolton 1 Leicester 3

Archived