Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Poyet says he can't live off £10m. What makes him think he'll be able to spend that much at Everton??

I doubt he will have that much, but on the other hand he would jump a division, be moving to one of the league's big clubs and have a quality squad.

Can see it happening really.

Poyet is massively overrated. If i was everton i'd be wanting O'Neil or Martinez. Preferably Martinez

His record speaks for itself doesn't it? Won League One with Brighton in his first full season after saving them from relegation, finished a solid 10th last season and then finished 4th this season which was Brighton's highest position in many, many years.

I don't think he is 'overrated' personally, and hasn't even managed in the Premier League yet so who knows... Martin O'Neill has been a top manager during his career, but generally failed at Sunderland, and spent a lot of ££ again in the process. I like Martinez and he has done a decent job at Wigan, playing great football and on a more limited budget than most clubs.

Everton are a big club, and would surely attract most managers in the Country.

Poyets record is no better than Pearsons was first time round.

Dosn't really matter that much, i'm not the Everton owner. I don't rate him that highly. He's average and seems to have an attitude problem imo.

Poyet says he can't live off £10m. What makes him think he'll be able to spend that much at Everton??

Exactly , Fulham or Malaga seems more believeable.

A lot of talk that this goes even further then budget too , but it will find it's way out before long anyways ....

Exactly , Fulham or Malaga seems more believeable.

A lot of talk that this goes even further then budget too , but it will find it's way out before long anyways ....

Poogates been leaked , heard about this on Wednesday

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4932208/Brighton-set-to-call-police-over-dressing-room-poo.html

THIS is the sensational email that has caused a huge stink at Brighton.

Boss Gus Poyet was suspended by the Seagulls after sending this rant to all staff following his team’s 2-0 Championship play-off second leg loss to Crystal Palace on Monday.

The Uruguayan found himself in the middle of a ‘Poodunnit?’ controversy as he tried to flush out the Seagull who pooped on the floor of the Eagles’ dressing room before kick-off.

He also blasted the club’s decision to distribute paper ‘clappers’ to home fans.

Poyet was suspended by Albion on Thursday night, along with his assistant Mauricio Taricco and first-team coach Charlie Oatway.

There is no suggestion any of the trio is responsible for the dressing-room incident.

Or that it is the reason for them being barred from Amex pending an investigation.

But Albion execs — who have threatened to call in the cops if the culprit does not hand himself in — are said to be furious with the email.

Poyet told all staff: “When Crystal Palace players and staff arrived to the Amex and went into their dressing room, they found themselves in a very uncomfortable situation.

“For some reason, someone had access to the away dressing room and done something terrible, trying to upset everyone related to Palace. To say it in clear English, someone had a ‘poo’ all outside the toilets, over and around the toilets.

“I am angry that someone within this club could endanger our good reputation and stoop so low. I would like someone to accept responsibility and resign.â€

Poyet was also furious with the club for handing 28,000 paper clappers to home fans.

He wrote: “I would also like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to make sure that if you want to do something that can affect the game that perhaps you could do me the courtesy of seeking my approval first.â€

Poyet added: “Would someone like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper?

“I am not for one minute blaming the result on this, but it added only negative vibes to the proceedings.

“Whoever you are, you let the club down very badly.â€

Poyet has been boss of Brighton since 2009 and won promotion from League One in 2011.

He guided them to a fourth-place finish in this season’s Championship before they lost to the Eagles.

His shock suspension has fuelled speculation that he is being lined up for a job elsewhere. He has been linked with the Everton vacancy.

Brighton last night refused to comment on Poyet’s email.

But SunSport understands the club’s Marketing department — who placed the clappers on 28,000 seats — are upset with the manager.

One member of staff said: “It was his tactics that lost the match and yet we feel we are being blamed for it. It stinks.â€

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4932293/Revealed-Brighton-poo-email.html#ixzz2TdSiUn4i

If we don't even consider SEB I'd be disappointed.

Good striker at this level with a little bit of everything.

Quality striker in a terrible side.

I do worry that his inclusion might include hoofball though. 

He's five ten!

He's also an absolute monster which might lead to him being used to 'hold the ball up' and create space for Nugent or whoever he would play with.

Don't get me wrong; I would love to see him here as I think he would really add something we don't have, we need a genuinely hard bastard up front and in several key positions, but I'd want to see his talents utilised properly.

Archived