Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

By The Rivers

Anyone heard of these?

Local Leicester lads and I know the lead singer. Been together for a few years and they're now getting their big break....

Been announced they'll be on the "BBC Introducing" stage at Glastonbury. Look out for them.

Hiya,

Yes,  the supported The Specials on tour,

Saw them at Notts Arena,  they played some good ska, all original

Good to see em doing well, they have a page on FB, which they update regularily

Check em out they are well worth supporting

Yeah they are half decent, but it all sounds the same when you hear the album. UB40 of the modern day and only get the gigs they do because of their dad Gaz. All the best to them though.

The lad I know, I also know his Dad (drinks in the tudor pub, across the road from me) was a half decent musician himself. Supported Beautiful South amongst others, which of course is Gaz Birtles.

There are loads of better bands in the City. As said, the only reason they have any attention is because of Gaz. Same situation as The Displacements a few years ago. They were supposed to be the nu-Kasabian but only really got the attention because their families had loads of contacts in the media.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived