Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SWFC_FAN

Jamie Vardy

Wrote off far to quick by some of our fans imo, especially considering he made a massive step up from non league.

He will work very hard (which I appreciate as a fan).

I think he has the potential to get a few at this level. He showed at Blackburn away that he can finish.

No loan spell for me, we don't need more players going.

Vardy was wrote of too quick by many fans on here, especially considering he had just jumped from non league. He works very hard for the team, decent in the air and can beat a player when needed. Didn't score many last season, but I went to Blackburn away last season and he scored two very good goals, one of which (the one that counted) was him being under pressure.

Pleased I was one of the few that believed in him.

This thread is interesting. A lot of negativity toward Jamie Vardy. A lot of fans would have had him gone. Just shows Nigel and his team's perception on players is very good. Have a read through. You'll no doubt see your name in here somewhere. 

Have to highlight the chap who says Waghorn is twice the player in his opinion! 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing maybe but I'm glad Pearson persevered with Vardy this season.....and that the board did so with Pearson. How different things could be now had Vardy been frozen out this season and if Pearson had been sacked!!

As for Vardy's early days here, then his first season with us in 2012-13 was simply his touching base after his Conference days at Fleetwood and adapting to the rigours of the front end of the Championship - although he did start well that season before fading and just becoming a squad member! He's been a slow burner in the main but now is on fire and set to make an England debut :)

We have quite a number of strikers though where do you see Vardy in the pecking order? for me he is 4th choice at best behind Schlupp, Wood and Nugent.

I am quite confident some of our Under 21 Strikers such as Blyth, Hopper and Panatinyou (however you spell his surname) could provide that back up role with minimum fuss.

Vardy needs game time if we are to get anything like the best out of him.

amazing!

Waghorn is twice the player IMO

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

hahaha

haha

To be fair, Fox aside, have people who are quoting these gems contributed to this thread by saying Vardy will come good and we should persevere? If not you were probably thinking similar without posting about it. The low on confidence, touch like a donkey out of form Vardy of mid 2013 probably was about on a par with Waghorn. Takes something special to see that behind that and somewhere in there is a player capable of tearing Premier League defenses to pieces.

To be fair, Fox aside, have people who are quoting these gems contributed to this thread by saying Vardy will come good and we should persevere? If not you were probably thinking similar without posting about it.

I was gonna praise him I remember but then something came up and I never got round to it.

And that is why we leave the managing decisions to Pearson. Seriously though, has any of his signings been a major flop? None that I can really think of.

Ben Marshall arguably? 3 good months when he first arrived then went massively off the boil, could argue Robbie Neilson as well. Other than that the flops have been loans like McGivern.

Ben Marshall arguably? 3 good months when he first arrived then went massively off the boil, could argue Robbie Neilson as well. Other than that the flops have been loans like McGivern.

Managed to buy Mahrez with the money from his sale though so even that worked out in the end.

Managed to buy Mahrez with the money from his sale though so even that worked out in the end.

Fair enough - struggling to think of a manager with a better record of getting it right with transfers than Pearson - even Fergie seemed to sign a dud a season: Kleberson, Veron, Djemba-Djemba, Bebe etc.

Another potentially bizarre decision.

Pearson goes and gets a young striker, pays handsomely for him and now the rumour is he may be available to go out on loan.

This looks, to me, like yet more money wasted.

Vardy ain't a kid anymore. If this happens it will be likely he'll eventually get sold.

Vardy ain't Beckford or Danns.. He was a Pearson signing... And, by the looks of it, a mistake.

I presume the Pearsonites will find some argument for this being a good thing (waits with baited breath)... But I can't see anything positive in it.

This made me smile lol

Another smugbump. I don't see much in here that was wrong at the time it was posted. All these people who knew he would come good were conspicuously absent from the thread.

In conclusion smugbumpers shouldn't smugbump a thread unless they're quoting their own posts which shows great vision and predicting skills imo.

Another smugbump. I don't see much in here that was wrong at the time it was posted. All these people who knew he would come good were conspicuously absent from the thread. 

In conclusion smugbumpers shouldn't smugbump a thread unless they're quoting their own posts which shows great vision and predicting skills imo. 

You sir are a God botherer but I respect your point. Obviously I disagree. The beauty of the internet is that your opinion is in print never to be lost. Therefore in today's world you should expect the things you said two years ago to find its way back into the public domain. In fairness the thread does show fairly decent opinions with no one getting particularly personal about Vardy (The Nigel Pearson thread is a whole different ball game) and like you say you couldn't really blame the posts at the time. 

But, 

Its just a little lesson in thinking before you post. Because one day your drivel could come back to haunt you. 

#smugmode

This made me smile lol

You watch Col turn this around, something like this

Col: I said all along Vardy was good one, for the future.

Another potentially bizarre decision.

Pearson goes and gets a young striker, pays handsomely for him and now the rumour is he may be available to go out on loan.

This looks, to me, like yet more money wasted.

Vardy ain't a kid anymore. If this happens it will be likely he'll eventually get sold.

Vardy ain't Beckford or Danns.. He was a Pearson signing... And, by the looks of it, a mistake.

I presume the Pearsonites will find some argument for this being a good thing (waits with baited breath)... But I can't see anything positive in it.

lol  :thumbup:  lol  :thumbup:  lol  :thumbup:

Vardy is rubbish and will not ever in a million years play for England

lol

:thumbup:

:englandsmile4wf:

So? I'm not a fortune teller; he had been fairly poor at the time, so considering his previous spell was in the conference, no-one (sane) could really have expected him to do this well in the premier league.

Give yourself a golden star and a smug pat on the back for your clearly superior football knowledge and predicting skills (I'm sure you'll make a fine professional scout one day), but I'm not going to reel of some long humbling apology for what was a relatively sensible post at the time - especially as this thread was about him going out on loan, presumably with an option to sell.

Are we all going to go through everyone's post history to find something they've said that's turned out to be incorrect a few years down the line? 'Cus if we're only allowed to say things we know to be 100% accurate, it's going to be a pretty boring place.

And that is why we leave the managing decisions to Pearson. Seriously though, has any of his signings been a major flop? None that I can really think of.

Bakayogo.

Every manager signs their share of flops, but Pearson (and Walsh et al) have certainly got it right far, far more often than they've got it wrong.

Archived