Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2014

Ok, so a little early to be starting this but some news out already from Miles Jacobson from Sigames:

Hmm. So that happened earlier than I expected.

I am delighted to announce that â€Ž#FM13 has just become the best selling game in the Football Manager series. Thank you so much for all your support!

So as promised, a snippet of â€Ž#FM14 info. Before that though, please respect some rules :)

1)We won't be talking about features until much later in the year. 
2) No release date is set. Not even a rough or estimated one.
3) Feature suggestions/requests should be posted athttp://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914

So the promised snippet of #FM14 news. As well as being on Mac & Windows, it will also be on Linux. With crossplay. One price for all 3 - so if you have a Macbook, Windows laptop and Linux desktop (for example) you'll be able to play the game on each of those machines via Steam.

For the more technically minded, the flavour of Linux we'll be supporting it Ubuntu 12.04

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/354805-Some-early-info-about-FM14?s=7a27d7428f4cece63c8796c657057c9d

https://www.facebook.com/miles.jacobson/posts/10151675889381948

Probably guessing more info to come around August/September time maybe?

Think they only need a few minor tweaks. Few more accurate details to make certain things more interesting too such as interviews.

I'd prefer more in depth talks with your club too, meetings which they start rather than you all the time.

Said it for a few years - job interviews. Get them introduced and make them realistic.

MAJOR overhaul of the match engine needed, imo. I've enjoyed the game this year but the AI has been cataclysmically awful.

I was quite laid back about it at first but the fact it's the same after final patch is dire. I can't be arsed to reel everything off on my phone but the number of "bugs" or silly habits in match engine behavior has been flat out unprofessional.

Get rid of that stupid when you're defender passes, it hits your other defender and falls straight to the opposition striker who scores.

MAJOR overhaul of the match engine needed, imo. I've enjoyed the game this year but the AI has been cataclysmically awful.

I was quite laid back about it at first but the fact it's the same after final patch is dire. I can't be arsed to reel everything off on my phone but the number of "bugs" or silly habits in match engine behavior has been flat out unprofessional.

Agree fully with that. I think it's improved in some ways but seriously regressed in others. Pathetic how long it takes to shoot sometimes.

The implementation of FFP will be interesting. If they do it by the book then the transfer market in the game is going to be very stale as it is in real life. The financial aspect of the game has always been quite generous and I think they'll have to be careful to get the balance right. Too much reality and playing the game could end up feeling like you're at work in a boring office job.

FM 2012 and 2013 have been the first games in the FM/CM series I haven't been able to play. For some reason they've tried to squeeze as much info as possible onto every page it's become an overcomplicated mess. The skin needs a major overhaul, get Ricey on the job SI.

FM 2012 and 2013 have been the first games in the FM/CM series I haven't been able to play. For some reason they've tried to squeeze as much info as possible onto every page it's become an overcomplicated mess. The skin needs a major overhaul, get Ricey on the job SI.

Just download a new skin?  :dunno:

Id like to see a little more interaction put into FM classic e.g. being able to request feeder/parent clubs & interaction with players even if minimal and also able to start as international in classic and not an unlockable. 

Have you tried the Classic mode? It's designed to be less cluttered and it's designed by me ;)

I've got a shout, I'm on 13 now and I've just seen Forest (promoted the the Premier) sign Leicester's 21 year old left back for £8.5mil. He's got potential to be very good (determination of 19 etc...) but he's literally averaged 6.6ish from 100 games in his career. Fair play, I think if used right he could be very decent, but in real life, would someone seriously pay £8.5mil for someone who's been pretty shit? Forest's real life scouting wouldn't go near him yet on FM they've made an absolutely silly bid because of his potential. I can see why they've paid it from an FM perspective but it's very unrealistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Players to get booked for time wasting, keepers can take about 10mins when taking a goal kick.

Stop conceding shit goals. Had 2 in the past week:

1) Defender tries to clear it but ends up hoofing the ball onto the strikers head

2) Ben Foster somehow fell over and pretended to be a fish out of water and watch the ball go in

I also had one that ****ing infuriated me the other months when I was Huddersfield. Was 2-2 with Leeds, 93rd min my midfielder chips the keeper off his line from about 35 yards, game ends thinking I've won...BUT NO! The result had "changed" so Leeds won 3-2. Wtf.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of thoughts about new features...

Maybe your scouts/ staff could recommend to you players that would  fit the current formation that you are using? agents too?

also, I often get messages from players asking me to pay part of their wages before they would sign for another club... Surely its only fair that other clubs ( get the option to) pay some of their wages to offload their players to me, making it affordable to buy certain players?

Have you tried the Classic mode? It's designed to be less cluttered and it's designed by me ;)

Having been asking for this sort of thing for years in FM I thank you every day for Classic mode! ****ing love it. 

Only tiny things I'd change about Classic Mode, little things like I'd have liked to have been able to have taken part in the MLS Draft.

Maybe have a tick box selection process of stuff you want included in classic mode i.e. Leagues to choose, Match prep, etc

Classic mode IMO is so sh*t lol

If like me you get in from work and want to play FM for an hour or so you don't want to be twatting about setting up the game for 3 weeks before you can actually play the fecking game. It's a stripped down, simpler and less time-consuming version of the main game.

I'm 10 seasons in for the time since CM2. Because I can just press space bar, instant result and steam through a season in a day again!

The description from Miles Jacobsen when he brought it out was spot on for me - 

"Every year, we have people who drop out of the franchise because they don't have the time to play it any more," Jacobson told me. "Classic mode is to try and get those people back playing our games, because they want to play our games, they just don't have the time to do it, because of the 105 median hours that people play. That's why we've done Classic mode."

Archived