Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rincewind

Wilko Johnson - Dr Feelgood

Thanks for posting, Rincewind. It's good to hear that he's still appreciating the time that he has left, however long that is.

It's so easy for any of us to just get dragged along with the everyday routine and to overlook what life has to offer and that we can choose (within certain limitations) how we spend our time and what we prioritise.

I've seen Wilko live 2 or 3 times in the last few years and he's been absolutely stunning every time. I'm sad that I won't have the chance to see him live again now, but grateful that I saw him when I could. There's still the "Oil City Confidential" film/DVD to watch (very strongly recommended)....and the lessons to remember.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Wilko's now had a pioneering operation that could save his life: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/wilko-johnson-diagnosed-with-terminal-cancer-undergoes-pioneering-operation-which-could-save-his-life-9307234.html

Come on, Wilko, stick in there, mate, even if it's a bit embarrassing facing all the people who attended your "farewell tour"!

One of the best live acts that I've seen in recent years and want to see him again. Must get his album with Roger Daltrey, too.

• 5 months later...

"This tumour weighed 3kg - that's the size of a baby,"... Johnson's operation also involved the removal of his pancreas, spleen part of his stomach, small and large intestines and the removal and reconstruction of blood vessels relating to the liver.  :blink: 

Outstanding news! One of the very best live acts I've seen in recent years - and his album with Roger Daltrey is superb, too.

Hope he'll be doing a few gigs once he's rested up.

• 1 year later...

Archived