Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

The Smiths

Any fans on here?

If yes what's your favourite of their songs?

Anybody been to see them live?

My favourite songs are Bigmouth strikes again and There is a light that never goes out

Two of my top picks there, that and What Difference Does It Make, too many to mention (Handsome Devil!). Arguably along with The Clash one of my favourite bands ever and one of the most culturally important bands this country has produced.

Saw Morrissey at Reading a few years back and I did see a Smiths tribute band at the Charlotte once. The lead singer invited everyone on stage at the end and produced a a load of gladioli from nowhere.

New Morrissey album being streamed on the NME website

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/78380

I'm going to wait for a physical copy, not sure why but it's just what I do.

Reviews so far have been good rather than brilliant, but given that most of his solo work hasn't been particularly well received in the press (take heed, sensitive Kasabian fans), it probably points to it being a decent effort.

Oh for the excitement of my youth

I'm going to wait for a physical copy, not sure why but it's just what I do.

Reviews so far have been good rather than brilliant, but given that most of his solo work hasn't been particularly well received in the press (take heed, sensitive Kasabian fans), it probably points to it being a decent effort.

Oh for the excitement of my youth

Had a listen to it earlier, not bad. Liked the opening track, then again any song that starts with a didgeridoo is good in my book.

Had a listen to it earlier, not bad. Liked the opening track, then again any song that starts with a didgeridoo is good in my book.

A didgeridoo? That'll be a popular instrument in the current climate. Probably be a wobble board solo in there somewhere too.

What few bits I've heard sounded OK but not listened to nearly enough to form an opinion.

I'll be off to Rockaboom on Monday (it is Monday it comes out, isn't it?). First time I've done that for AGES

• 2 weeks later...

Got it when it came out earlier in the week. Think it's a good album. Typical Morrissey, actually, with the opening song being related to politics. At least there are still songwriters that write about stuff. Always been a fan of music challenging politics. 

Hopefully a UK tour will be announced as well! Would love to see him, especially in Manchester.

Edited by Fox92

Yeah, I quite like it, I think it's one of the few tracks that really works on the first album

Not a massive fan of their first album. Probably my least favourite, actually. I like 'What Difference Does It Make', 'Suffer Little Children', 'Still Ill' and obviously 'This Charming Man' but that's it. I can't sit through and listen to the full album like I can with 'Meat Is Murder' (my favourite album) and 'The Queen Is Dead'.

• 5 weeks later...

His first album was good, so hoping his new one is the same. Agree about Easy Money though. Seeing him in October, but obviously hoping he plays some Smiths as well. Listened to him on a BBC live session last week, he did 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before",

Morrissey only playing 1 gig at the o2, I was hoping he'll playing the NEC or Nottingham, I'm not going down there to watch him, I've seen quite a few gigs this year and can't be arsed to travel down plus I've got another 3 gigs to see around the same time as morrissey's gig, although I do wonder if he'll ever play the midlands ever again.  So I might have to travel further than I want to see him...just not this time.

Edited by purpleronnie

Got asked by my mate. I'm up for it, always wanted to see Morrissey. However, not sure if I'd be able to afford it especially with tickets ranging from from £55 to £75 (then again I knew it would be expensive). 

I've done a few gigs this year, and still got Marr coming up in October. Shame Morrissey's only doing the one gig. I was hoping he'd play up here in Manchester.

Edited by Fox92

• 1 month later...