Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Leicester's own - Mark Morrison

I remember him coming on the pitch at FS,I think it was against Birmingham,Birch and( Roy Cropper) were doing their runs and we had been given some " foxes glacier mints" before Kick off.We were singing " one hit wonder,one hit wonder,hello,hello" he was all blinged up and I'm sure he got in a mard and had mints lobbed at him.i might have got some days mixed up,but that's how I remember it!

I'm not sure why my post got deleted, it is not libellous or defamatory, it is a fact he was involved in night club incident where a kid got stabbed, he went down for it. I made sure any information I passed on from the victim's cousin was only alleged and not fact :dunno:

Anyway the facts:

Morrison, 25, had been serving a community sentence for his part in a scuffle at a Leicester nightclub in 1994 that ended with the knife death of student Julian Leong. He had served only 42 of the 150 hours at a homeless hostel when he sent his bodyguard instead. The "double", Gabriel Mafereka, was finally unmasked by newspaper reporters, who tailed the limo that had supposedly delivered the star to the hostel and found the real Mark Morrison at home.

The prison sentence was a re-sentencing for his part in the affray, and not for his community service violations.
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/mark-morrison/123#pwZjcBzYEjQ2SXUc.99

What a twat.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember him coming on the pitch at FS,I think it was against Birmingham,Birch and( Roy Cropper) were doing their runs and we had been given some " foxes glacier mints" before Kick off.We were singing " one hit wonder,one hit wonder,hello,hello" he was all blinged up and I'm sure he got in a mard and had mints lobbed at him.i might have got some days mixed up,but that's how I remember it!

Seem to remember it being a midweek game against oldham and birchy telling him to wave to his mates in the kop at halftime and poor Mark obviously not having a clue which way to wave :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why my post got deleted, it is not libellous or defamatory, it is a fact he was involved in night club incident where a kid got stabbed, he went down for it. I made sure any information I passed on from the victim's cousin was only alleged and not fact :dunno:

Anyway the facts:

What a twat.

I knew Julian quite well. Lovely chap. Somewhat quick of mouth but then everybody was at that age.

Archived