Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pride_Of_The_Midlands

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

MC Prussian, on 06 Feb 2014 - 5:01 PM, said:

Wow, EA Sports does really care about tournament mode on FIFA 14. So much that they have to release a new game to make even more money. lol

To be fair, that's business. I'm not keen on particular companies at times but put yourself in their position. If given the opportunity to make even more money, then you're going to do it.

They need to invest some money into their servers though.

To be fair, that's business. I'm not keen on particular companies at times but put yourself in their position. If given the opportunity to make even more money, then you're going to do it.

They need to invest some money into their servers though.

Thats' the irony of it all - they've made and they're still making shitloads of money from the FIFA franchise, yet are audacious enough to trying to milk us all even more, with extra content that could've been included in the actual FIFA 14 (or 13) from the start!

They have the money already, they just don't want to invest it properly. I guess it's down to shareholder value.

I would think owning Fifa 14 on next gen where i've heard its actually good, and the devs haven't completely turned their back on it like they have on the 360, it might balance it up a little.

I'd like to think after the way 360/PS3 users have been treated by Fifa this year that i'd never buy another Fifa again. Shame I probably wouldnt be able to keep to my word though.

Let's be fair to them. I know EA are an increasingly greedy company, but EA World cup games have been coming out since 1998, this is nothing new.

I had 2010, and really enjoyed it, the game play was much closer to FIFA 11 than 10, the games do capture the atmosphere players and stadiums of the World cup really well, the nostalgic historical scenarios are worth a play through, and the online world cup is a great game mode.

I agree £40 is too much, unless there adding another game mode like they did with Euro 2012s risk type game. £25-£30 would be more more reasonable for a game such as this but they haven't had a problem selling these titles since France 98 so if people will pay that that's what EA will price it at. 

Finally putting a proper authentic World Cup mode into FIFA 14 wouldn't be possible for numerous reasons it's a big job. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived