Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Teams that mathematically can't catch us

There are many threads about speculation who can, who will catch us. This one is designed to e certain.

We can theoretically lose every game and any of these teams could go on a run and win every game.

Some are unlikely but thy will be added to the list when it is certain.

At the minute it's only certain that 6 teams can not catch us.

As well as keeping this thread up to date, you can always use something like this page:

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D1/runin.html

The two columns of interest are obviously Highest Possible Finish, and Lowest Possible Finish.

To think we went to Blackpool in September as a top two clash, now in early March, they can't even catch us and that's with us having a game in hand.

As well as keeping this thread up to date, you can always use something like this page:

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D1/runin.html

The two columns of interest are obviously Highest Possible Finish, and Lowest Possible Finish.

According to this, on current form Millwall, Charlton and Blackpool would go down.

Would be happy enough with that.

Back to the OP, looking forward to the list getting longer as the weeks go by :)

I was thinking it is unlikely QPR Derby or Forest will catch us and to overtake Burnley Burnley have to drop points which can only be good for us. But until the other three are out of the equation Burnley winning is not the worst scenario as long as City keep up the good form and do not slip up big time.

Certainly no chance of the bottom team in that list finishing on more points than we have now. I doubt they'll finish on more points than they have right now.

I was playing devil's advocate and deliberately being pedantic based on someone claiming "only Burnley can catch us, and they won't!" which mathematically speaking any one of the teams in the list I gave could do at the moment (I accept that would mean us losing every remaining game, and team X winning every remaining game in many of those cases - but the subject of the thread is "mathematically" speaking after all, so I don't feel too guilty about being a pendant!)

I was playing devil's advocate and deliberately being pedantic based on someone claiming "only Burnley can catch us, and they won't!" which mathematically speaking any one of the teams in the list I gave could do at the moment (I accept that would mean us losing every remaining game, and team X winning every remaining game in many of those cases - but the subject of the thread is "mathematically" speaking after all, so I don't feel too guilty about being a pendant!)

I was attempting to wind Lamby up, I'd forgotten he can't post in this section.

I think you'll find that the following are incapable of catching us:

Burnley

Derby

QPR

Nottm Forest

Reading

Brighton

Wigan

Ipswich

Blackburn

Watford

Middlesbrough

Leeds

Huddersfield

Bournemouth

Bolton

Sheff Wed

Blackpool

Birmingham

Doncaster

Millwall

Yeovil

Barnsley

Charlton

If Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield loose tomorrow then they can go on to the list

Love how that list can grow tomorrow night without us even playing.

Enjoying watching this list grow. Hopefully we can add a few more teams to the list post-match on Saturday.

At this moment in time, if my research and maths serves me right, the teams that are no longer able to catch us are:

Charlton

Barnsley

Yeovil

Millwall

Doncaster

Birmingham

Blackpool

Sheffield Wednesday

Bolton

Huddersfield/Middlesborough (both can get 77 points however they play each other in a few weeks so one of them must drop some points)

At this moment in time, if my research and maths serves me right, the teams that are no longer able to catch us are:

Charlton

Barnsley

Yeovil

Millwall

Doncaster

Birmingham

Blackpool

Sheffield Wednesday

Bolton

Huddersfield/Middlesborough (both can get 77 points however they play each other in a few weeks so one of them must drop some points)

This thread is ace

Let the list grow longer . . .

Archived