Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

An album to save your life

Interesting choice. I love The Smiths personally but I think they are a bit of an acquired taste. Some albums don't really get to you on the first listen, you have to give them a few plays before you realise how good they are.

I think the only album I've listened to in the last couple of years where I genuinely fell in love with it after the first play is AM.

This was going to be my choice!

So I'll say Nevermind by Nirvana

I think all four Smiths albums are good, but The Queen Is Dead just edges Meat Is Murder, for me. The only song I don't like/would chose to skip is The Queen Is Dead itself. The rest are great, Cemetery Gates and Bigmouth Strikes Again are probably my favourite two Smiths songs anyway, then there's the seductive Boy With A Thorn In His Side and obviously There Is A Light.

Some absolute classics in here, including one of my favourite albums from the OP, Original Pirate Material. Timeless for me that one.

However, to avoid copying others in the thread, I'm going to go for:

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

medr.jpg

Such an energetic and uplifting album. Still sounds fresh now and was a huge album of my uni days. 

Silent Alarm or A Certain Trigger. Can't decide. 

Some absolute classics in here, including one of my favourite albums from the OP, Original Pirate Material. Timeless for me that one.

However, to avoid copying others in the thread, I'm going to go for:

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

medr.jpg

Such an energetic and uplifting album. Still sounds fresh now and was a huge album of my uni days. 

Oi! Get your own. 

Are you hoping they'll get depressed and turn the gun on themselves? :D

Sort of. It's a fine line between hope and despair. I can only wish for my potential killer to opt for the former.

Or else he'll cry himself to sleep, completely oblivious to everything around him, including myself. :D

The Jam greatest hits. Easily surviving after that :)

As much as I agree with your sentiments and your choice, I'm not sure we should be allowed compilations...

I think I'm gonna bring the rule that you'll get a bit of a pistol whipping if you choose a compilation actually.  ;)

Vast majority of people in this thread would survive so far if it was up to me. Shockingly I wasn't keen on OK Computer the first time I ever heard it. Easily makes my top 5 favourite albums though.

As much as I agree with your sentiments and your choice, I'm not sure we should be allowed compilations...

I think I'm gonna bring the rule that you'll get a bit of a pistol whipping if you choose a compilation actually. ;)

Vast majority of people in this thread would survive so far if it was up to me. Shockingly I wasn't keen on OK Computer the first time I ever heard it. Easily makes my top 5 favourite albums though.

I knew somebody wouldn't let me get away with that lol

Ok The Jam- In the city

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks.

Perhaps not my favourite Dylan album, although its fantastic, but if you dislike it, you're an idiot. Its a safe bet.

I would argue that only idiots go round with guns threatening to kill people.

Just a thought - catch 22!

Archived