Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

How many players will we sign in the summer

How many players will we sign.  

314 members have voted

1. 1. How many players will we sign.

• 19+

I just hope we don't go stupid and do a Palace, yes we need additions, especially if some of our fringe on loan players are set to leave, but no need to unsettle the team, they deserve their shot complimented by some decent additions.

I'd be surprised if we did any more than 5 or 6 first teamers. Add in some youth prospects (like Blyth and Cain in recent years) and we'd be hitting more but changes to the first team squad would be a few quality gems rather than a massive overhaul - just not Nigel's style.

I hope we buy two or three.

Give these lads their chance, they are ultimately the reason we are here.

I just hope the board stay smart, and even if it's a season from hell they give Pearson & Co the chance to get back into the EPL if the worst is to happen.

I think we need 4 quality additions:

- a top class striker

- a top class centre half

- a central midfielder with Premier League experience

- a back-up goalkeeper

That's provided we keep Dyer, Schmeichel and Nugent of the players who are out of contract

This.

Pearson has made it quite clear that the players deserve an opportunity to prove themselves in the Prem. However, our squad will be shortened anyway with outgoings so I'd say 5 or 6 would be a good number to strengthen whilst giving the current players an opportunity to make the step up.  

Guest MattP

I think we need 4 quality additions:

- a top class striker

- a top class centre half

- a central midfielder with Premier League experience

- a back-up goalkeeper

That's provided we keep Dyer, Schmeichel and Nugent of the players who are out of contract

I think this is about spot on though I'd probably add a left back as well.

Konchesky released and Schulpp on his own in that area could eventually see us come a cropper.

I'd love to see as much of the current squad starting the first game of next season as possible. Especially the midfield of Knocky James Drinky and Marhez, all young and deserve a crack at it for the first few games at least! 

I would love to see as much of the current squad being competitive in the first game of next season, the romantic in me thinks that these players are prem class and Drinkwater, James, RDL, Knocky, Mahrez, Wood, Moore, Schlupp, could play for us for the next 10 years, they could be our class of 92, become legends in the making as we establish ourselves as a top flight side.

But realistically, how many will need to be replaced? I would have included Ben Marshall in that side last season, look at him now. Are they as good as we believe, or are they really as bad as that side we saw at the end of last season? Probably somewhere in between.

Will they cope in the prem, and will we be happy to watch the players we support now struggle every week? Part of me wants Pearson to continue with this project, see how good these 8 players can become playing together for so long, even if we have to get relegated and come back up. We have seen the improvement after one full season together, will they continue to improve like that, is the benefits of keeping a stable squad greater than introducing established quality?

I would be gutted to see these players replaced, but then how can I argue if they are replaced by better...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is going to be the most crucial transfer window in the history of Leicester City, and of Nigel Pearson's career.

I'd be very surprised if we sign loads. Nige isn't an idiot, I can't imagine him doing what QPR did when they signed 12 or 13 players - you're asking for a troubled season if you add that many.

I think this is about spot on though I'd probably add a left back as well.

Konchesky released and Schulpp on his own in that area could eventually see us come a cropper.

I'd thought about this and wouldn't rule it out....

The only thing is that I don't think Pearson would have given Konchesky a new deal if he didn't think he'd be of use in The Premiership. Schlupp has really been fantastic in the last few games so it creates a question of what kind of left back do you sign?!

Konchesky's probably a bit too old for The Premiership and Schlupp probably a little too inexperienced so you're probably looking for a happy medium somewhere between the two which would leave us with three left backs or one of those two departing (surely it would have been Konch with his contract expiring). It's not a particularly easy position to fill, look at the amount of teams that have a 'make do' sort of left back in The Premiership; Rose has gone from winger to full back at Spurs, United are struggling to replace Evra, West Ham, Villa, Norwich and West Brom all have pretty ordinary left backs...

Top class left backs are hard to find and when you do they don't come cheap. As good as he is look at some of the prices being touted for Shaw. As it is, I think Pearson will use Konchesky to begin with and Schlupp will be gradually broken in with the situation re-assessed next summer.

A new striker, I think Nuge and Vardy may struggle in the prem. A left back as konchesky is abit too old and shlupp is still young and a back up goalkeeper as i dread to think what would happen if we lost Kasper.

I think Vardy will do well in the prem!!!

There is only Suarez and Aguaro that will run all game and chase down lost causes like Vardy does and I think a lot of teams will struggle to handle him. He creates a lot with his running and he is a pain in the arse for defenders as he can get behind them all day long and defenders hate facing there own goals.

Think he could get us a few pens again next year, As well as bag us a few goals (yes not as many as this season but I think he will have a lot to contribute!!!)

It's worth remembering that the 25 man squad can only be altered in a window.No 'short term' loans as FL allows.

We have been fortunate with injuries this season.What happened to Vokes at Turf Moor could happen at any time. We will need more quality in the spine of the team and quality in numbers to cope with the unexpected.

Archived