Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

About Us

At the turn of the millennium our beautiful Filbert Street was a football temple. On its day it was unrivalled in England in terms of atmosphere. Since moving across the road our home support has undoubtedly diminished. The new stadium ‘bounce’ has well and truly flattened. Crowds of 30k+ have been once-a-season events for a while and even the derby was struggling to pull fans through the gates.

These missing fans have not vanished. They are there. You see them at every away game – right behind the royal blues every second of the day. They are either disillusioned with modern football in general, or simply priced out.

Several groups of fans have recognised the issue. While the strength of L and K blocks has grown organically thanks to fans who want to recreate the intimidating atmosphere of the former Kop pens, other concerted efforts have been made to stimulate atmosphere around the stadium.

An attempt at forming a singing section in N Block (circa 2007) was the first. More recently the Fosse Boys had a go, inspired by the success of the Holmesdale Fanatics at Palace, the Green Brigade at Celtic and a number of pan-European Ultra groups. Unfortunately their relatively gung-ho approach was not well received by either the Club or other fans, alienated by their left-leaning politics and pro-Euro culture stance.

Both groups – and those recently showing their hand in N once again – had interesting concepts and should be respected by all Leicester City fans. They are the ones doing all they can to halt the decay in home support against an overwhelming air of apathy.

It is with all of the above in mind that Union FS was formed. A group committed to improving the atmosphere home and away in the short, medium and long term. We want Filbert Way to be the Stadium everyone wants to visit. We want to tighten the bond between fans and our players.

Running parallel to the Fanzine ‘Filbo Spirit’ we believe that fans are the most important part of every football club. It is for this reason that we will strive to better the conditions for us all as football supporters. Be it supporting the motion for Safe Standing or campaigning for fairer ticket prices or support, we want to ensure that the next generation are not left looking for something to do on a Saturday.

We also believe that is the responsibility of every Leicester fan – young and old – to give their absolute all to support their team. Whether that is attending every game or none at all, sitting in the Family Stand or standing L1, teaching your kids the lyrics to ‘When You’re Smiling’ or simply introducing them to Filbert Way – we will support you. This group is for all fans, and we would love you to join us.

Join us

If the above goes some way to summing up how you feel about matters off the pitch at Leicester City, then we would urge you to join us by e-mailing us at [email protected].

What we’re doing

As most of you will be aware, we are at the outset of liaising with the club to provide an area in SK1 from the start of the 2014/15 season for like-minded fans to gather and support the team throughout the 90 minutes – win, lose or draw. This is a long-term project that we expect up and downs with but if you are committed to contributing to an atmosphere rather than simply experiencing one then we need your help.

Please contact us at [email protected] for more information and continue to spread the word.

This thread

We intend to use this thread as a means to answer any queries that you may have and take on any constructive criticism that we are levelled with.

We will provide updates of our plans for SK1 and other future projects in here but at the same time, we would ask you all to use the thread to air any ideas you have that could help us.

Thank you for your support.

Union FS

• Like 4

Ay up me duck

At this time I'm considering my options for a season ticket next year. Of course, I want to be in the part of the ground with the best atmosphere.

As you know I've been trialling SK1 for the last few games. I think we were all agreed that Charlton at home was exactly the kind of thing we are all looking for in an atmosphere. Unfortunately, I think it's gone downhill since then.

Having spoken to you the other week, it would appear that many of the members of Filbo Spirit are not regulars in SK1 at this current time.

Long story short, if the atmosphere in SK1 is how it was against Charlton on a regular basis next season, I will do my best to secure a season ticket around there. If it's like it has been since, I will probably try to get one in K, where I used to have one a few seasons ago.

So, without trying to sound like I'm demanding anything, I would like some assurances that a good number of people that are behind this idea will be regulars, and therefore season ticket holders, realistically, in SK1; before I decide to take the risk.

Fully supporting your intentions.

Kitch.

Everyone considering the move over, do it. I guarantee you'll enjoy you'll enjoy yourself if it was anything like the Charlton game. Get everyone you know involved as well, we need leaders up there.

Strongly considering moving over there too

This section was not created on "Considerations"

This section was created on shepherd leading the herd!! GET INVOLVED LADS!! Don't wait until it's taken off, Be part of the platform!! We all need you over here!!

WE NEED:
 (Although I think some need authorisation from the club? and some may need to organised by the club themselves)

BIG BANNERS (May need authorisation and organisation by the club)

BIG FLAGS (May need authorisation and organisation by the club)

SCARVES!! - EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE SK1 AREA ON MATCHDAY NEEDS TO HAVE ONE!!! GET IT SWINGING

CONFETTI - Made every single game - Blue and white

BALLOONS

But most important

A SINGING VOICE THAT IS NOT ALLOWED TO STOP FROM THE KICK-OFF WHISTLE TO THE FINAL WHISTLE.

DEDICATION

WE NEED PEOPLE TO NOT "THINK" ABOUT MOVING. WE NEED YOU TO MOVE TO HELP THE CAUSE!! IF 30,000 PEOPLE "THOUGHT" ABOUT IT, IT WOULD NEVER WORK.

Any volunteers??

Edited by cityfanlee23

You/hopefully we also need a pub. Guaranteed pub every home game that the group will be in to get the vocal chords lubricated.

I can see the Swan & Rushes becoming the regular pub, had a great time there before the Charlton game.

• Like 1

Ay up me duck

At this time I'm considering my options for a season ticket next year. Of course, I want to be in the part of the ground with the best atmosphere.

As you know I've been trialling SK1 for the last few games. I think we were all agreed that Charlton at home was exactly the kind of thing we are all looking for in an atmosphere. Unfortunately, I think it's gone downhill since then.

Having spoken to you the other week, it would appear that many of the members of Filbo Spirit are not regulars in SK1 at this current time.

Long story short, if the atmosphere in SK1 is how it was against Charlton on a regular basis next season, I will do my best to secure a season ticket around there. If it's like it has been since, I will probably try to get one in K, where I used to have one a few seasons ago.

So, without trying to sound like I'm demanding anything, I would like some assurances that a good number of people that are behind this idea will be regulars, and therefore season ticket holders, realistically, in SK1; before I decide to take the risk.

Kitch.

Kitch, we can 100% guarantee you that the lads who 'led' the singing throughout the Charlton game will be season ticket holders next year in that area.

As you've noticed, these lads have been largely missing since Charlton and without trying to pin it too much on them as it is a block effort, the atmosphere has taken a little bit of a hit since.

We believe that having a specific few lads focused on keeping the chants going when they dip, starting new ones at the right time etc is critical and hopefully this'll allow us to get the balance right in terms of spontaneity and continuity.

Certainly up for suggestions on this though. We will open this up for debate in a separate thread shortly.

Union FS

• Like 3

Ay up me duck

Having spoken to you the other week, it would appear that many of the members of Filbo Spirit are not regulars in SK1 at this current time.

Kitch.

I'll be there :)

• 2 weeks later...

More stickers for sale!

Union FS have now had the following five batches made in addition to the remaining Union FS stickers still on sale. The Union FS stickers are still available at just £1 for 50 stickers or 50p for 25.

The five new designs are available in groups of 50 (10 of each type) for £3. To purchase, simply place your order with us via [email protected] of how many batches you would like and we will reserve them for exchange at either the Doncaster game or our post-season members’ meeting – venue and date to be confirmed.

stickersall.jpg?w=490&h=367

sticker1884.jpg?w=490&h=367

stickerfs.jpg?w=490&h=367

stickerriii.jpg?w=490&h=367

stickerwrs.jpg?w=490&h=367

stickerwys.jpg?w=490&h=367

Should make a WASILEW banner and hang it up just to the left of the SK1 sign.

lol

Seen one of the Kronenbourg ones already. I get the feeling someone works/lives right near where I work as I've seen a few around that particular area. Wellington Street.