Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

What will be different in the Premier League?

Guest ttfn

New grounds. Having only been going for about 10 years, I've never been to see City play at any of the sides currently in the top 7 apart from Chelsea in the cup in 2012.

Specifically I can't wait to go to the Emirates. I've been living less than 5 miles away for almost six years and promised myself I wouldn't go until we were playing there.

Being under close scrutiny week in week out. 1 thing is for certain. in the 10 years we have been out of the league the amount of media attention has shot up. I know more about the ins and outs of crystal palace now they are in the prem. 
Pearson won't be able to fart without setting off a sky sports news alert. 

Ticket prices, I suppose. :ph34r:

Media demand and media exposure will also change for the better or the worse, for sure.

This, in return, also increases our profile worldwide. Won't be long until you see more LCFC shirts popping up around the globe.

Being able to watch extended match highlights on a regular basis on MOTD instead of having to wait all the way to the Football League Show (and to find out we're the last team to feature in the Championship section).

Guest ttfn

Being able to watch all our games back in SNF in full will be a nice bonus.

I hadn't even thought of that. That's going to be so weird.

Almost all, if not literally all, of our games will be streamed.

If next season is anything like it was under MON, the differences, for me, will be these:

1. We will be able to attract some quality players. The squad (although good this year) should contain a couple or three players who most will think 'wow, imagine him playing for City... Nice one'. Of course, this is dependent upon the type of signings Nige makes, but what I'm saying is, he will be able to do so if he chooses to.

2. We will get more publicity. Appearing on MOTD every week, more media limelight, subject to broader analysis and discussion.

3. The highs and lows will be more profound. If we go away to Anfield and win, we'll be on 7th Heaven. Conversely, if we get hammered 4-0 at home we'll be deflated.

4. The ability of our existing squad. Some players will absolutely shine in the Prem, more so than may have been predicted, others will quickly demonstrate they have a bigger jump to make.

5. Crowd sizes will be bigger. There will be fans who come to see the away team more than they actually want to see City.

6. Prices may well increase. Eg. A pint may become £4. This remains to be seen.

7. Foxestalk may well be even more 'reactionary'. With increased pressure comes increased emotion. If we do well this won't be as much as if we do badly.

I'm so looking forward to it. The summer of World Cup and next season's fixture list, and maybe some good signings.

:thumbup:

New grounds will be the best aspect for me. Only been to half of the grounds in that division (Villa, Chelsea, Hull, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom, West Ham) and though we won't get to every game, it's just nice to think we'll be playing at White Hart Lane, Goodison, Old Trafford, Anfield...

I hadn't even thought of that. That's going to be so weird.

Almost all, if not literally all, of our games will be streamed.

Well it's not so much the streaming, but if you can't get to an away match, or we have a fantastic win you want to relive, or even if you want to watch in more detail why we got a battering one week, you can watch the whole match. Will be great.

Archived