Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

1-1 Reading Post Match

Frustrating but a point away to a team desperate to make the top 6 is certainly better than none.  The edge has definitely gone from the overall field play since promotion.  I hope the chance to wrap it up this weekend and atone for the last home game gives us back our edge. 

Pearson can't be sentimental towards some of these players for next season. Some of them won't be good enough next season.

Morgan

Dyer

Hammond

Wasilewski

GTF

Won't be good enough unfortunately.

I think that is very, very, very harsh on Morgan (who did not play at all well today).

I don't get all the Hammond hate? He comes in does a job and gets on with it nothing flash or exciting but from what I have seen doesnt make many mistakes.

Do we always need to have a player we don't like and get on the back of? Reading are a decent side, a good away point.

It's not hate but do you think he should be in a premier squad?

2 centre half also desperately needed.

Mahrez excellent. Dyer doesn't offer a lot other than running fast.

and goals, and assists but other than that yeah!  :rolleyes:

We're wobbling across the finishing line.

I'm a bit disappointed by the effort from some players tonight, Morgan, Dyer, Hammond and Nugent didn't have a particularly good game.

We were unlucky not to score two or three, but then again, Reading could feel about the same.

So, a draw is a fair result.

Also, to the caller on the phone-in - your sense of entitlement ("I'm paying and driving all the way down and was expecting better") is stretching my nutsack.

We cannot afford to be sentimental when it comes to new contracts and keeping players.

Dyer looks like his pace has gone and without it he is finished as a player.

Nugent back to his usual moaning, shit arse self.

Wes and Wasyl struggled against the cheating Russian so imagine what they would be like against the likes of Andy Carroll and Ricky Lambert. Need to prove they can step up.

Hammond, not good enough.

De Laet and Schlupp looked very good going forwards. Still need to focus on improving their defensive play but very promising and pace is crucial at the next level in those positions.

Schmeichel, Mahrez, Vardy and that beautiful man Drinkwater all deserve the chance to shine on the big stage. I think they will only get better for the step up in class of opposition and some of their play was majestic tonight. Mahrez and Drinkwater in particular were sublime at times.

Get rid of Nuge and Wes? Great idea.

Jettison our captain and 20goal striker. Fantastic.

Being captain doesn't make you a premier quality player.

Way too slow and finally people are noticing that he can't jump, a major fault in a centre half, especially with a short goalie who won't come for crosses.

Last 15 was comical, Reading couldn't keep the ball in play and we decided to have a sponsored walk. Knocky for Lloyd and Moore for and Was on Saturday. James for Hammond if he's fit. Problem is not sure about King and Drinkwater playing together so unless we throw Cain or Watson in from the u21s then Hammond is the cover option in there.

Mahrez and Drinkwater best players on the pitch by an absolute mile. 

Agreed. Why? I think that they combine sheer talent with relentless work ethic and desire to win. Not sure many others out there could claim the same. Not that we were poor, but lacked that extra 10%. Disappointed with the 2 CB's and Nugent tonight. Hammond was OK for me.

Typically of some fans - hey we're top of the league. Nugent has been a key part of that. As has Morgan et al. I'll ask a question - those who are moaning, would you have taken a promotion back in August?

They have all been heroes this season, everyone of them.

That doesn't mean we can't doubt their aptitude for the premier.

Archived