Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Will Big Nige get the sack if we're in the bottom 3 at Christmas?

Can't believe the outpouring of negativity on here because of a few below par performances. If these 'fans' are so willing to call for the cull of the squad because of it, how many of the 'fans' will stick by the manager if we're shipping 6 at Man City and lose a few games at home against the teams in and around us? I've been a Leicester fan since going down 93/94 at around 7 years old and this season has been the best season I can remember since the O'Neill glory days, I just fear the fanbase is too fickle and short sighted to realise what others in the Premier League seem to struggle to comprehend as well, we don't have a god given right at finishing top half or even staying up. We should go in to next season with cautious optimism and get behind the lads and the manager, and stick by them even if things aren't going our way early on in the season, but I fear the boo boys will be out in force and the owners hands will be wrongly forced. Hope I'm wrong but can just see it now.

Some people are desperate for us to struggle so they can say I told you so. Expect the calls for him to be sacked to start about half time at the first pre season friendly.

Well sounds ridiculous to me, but I think our expectations are unrealistic. We should be aiming for 17th. Anything else is a bonus in the first season. Look at the teams this year in the bottom half, Hull and Villa are the only 2 teams to of kept their manager over the season, I fear a combination of rubbing shoulders with dickheads like Abramovich and the Glazers and the inevitable booing of the fans if things aren't going well will cause a knee jerk, like all the other teams in the Prem.

We will see the owners thoughts when his contract is drawn up, 1 or 2 years and they will be looking to get rid if we are not successful.

If they give him 3 years plus, they are allowing him to build a squad, and will not sack him next season.

Forget who it was but last week a poster on here accused me of a lack of ambition when I suggested a season like Hull's this year would be brilliant for us.

It's going to get interesting on here if we don't take to the Prem like a duck to water. If we're in the bottom 10 at Christmas this place will be unbearable

Guest MattP

Wouldn't even sack him if we went down.

Who better to get you back up than a man who has won two titles and finished top 6 in every full season he has had?

We aren't even through Easter yet and the Xmas threads start.

I think our owners have looked at what's happened in past, looked at Cardiff and Fulham and the amount of managers have changed and realised, that shit don't work.

They're not naive to think we are going to be pushing for a Champions League spot, and next season will be all about survival - continuous change in management wont help that. They have learnt. 

Forget who it was but last week a poster on here accused me of a lack of ambition when I suggested a season like Hull's this year would be brilliant for us.

It's going to get interesting on here if we don't take to the Prem like a duck to water. If we're in the bottom 10 at Christmas this place will be unbearable

Hull and Palace get at least a 'B' on my Amercan school grading scale just for being safe with a few games left. Look at the teams struggling below them, who have way more Prem histories and credentials. Yeah, I'd be happy with that next year, so long as the playing squad strategy was still focused on the future as it is now.

Stick with Nigel and the very worst case scenario is having a manager who knows how to win this league back in it with a chance to bounce straight back.

Get rid and the worst case scenario is a clueless foreign coach with no experience panic buying to try and get us back straight away.

Of course this is Leicester City and thr worst case scenario won't be thought about. We'd sack Nigel in the hope of keeping our heads above water to get a bit more money out the Premier League and eventually all the hard work will be undone and we'd be back in the doomsday period of Levein and Allen

No one can predict the future but sacking managers mid way through a season very rarely works only Pulis and Pochettino are the anomalies in the past couple of years.

The owners will stick with NP imo for a good while yet.

There seem to be 2 separate questions involved here.

1 - Should NP be sacked if we're in the bottom 3 at Christmas?

2 - Will NP be sacked if we're in the bottom 3 at Christmas?

The answer to the 1st is No in my opinion. The answer to the 2nd is Yes.

In the modern Premier League there is no room for sentimentality. Very few managers these days survive the threat of relegation, let alone relegation itself.

If we're in the bottom 3 come December, he will probably be sacked. And if we're still in the bottom 3 come March his successor will probably be sacked too.

Not saying it's right, but that's the way it is now with the money involved. And the cost of paying up his contract would be chicken feed compared with the cost of going straight back down. NP will know this better than anyone.

I think if he adds the right players in, we will do ok, no doubting this current squad is good, but not good enough to keep us up.

I think Nigel will buy wisely and do ok, don't expect anything but towards the lower end, but if we are bottom 3 with a chance, the owners would be mad to get rid.( scary really I'm starting to sound pro Pearson).

The only time I would get rid if Nigel looks totally clueless and out of his depth, but as I say don't see that happening.

Wouldn't even sack him if we went down.

Who better to get you back up than a man who has won two titles and finished top 6 in every full season he has had?

Agreed.

He deserves the whole of next season even if we hit a record low points total (which I am certain will not happen).

Idiots will quickly forget the work he's done if we have a rough patch however. Just as they did last season.

Looked at purely from a business perspective, the owners would be insane to sack him. Just by getting to the Prem they are going to have a decent payday, and even if we get relegated, there are massive, obscene parachute payments. And if we did get relegated, Pearson is easily the best placed manager to bring us straight back up again, for yet another payday. 

The Thais know that the management team they have assembled - not just Pearson, but Susan Whelan, Terry Robinson and others - understand the dynamics of running a football club efficiently, and know how to make it work. Those are business considerations, and the Thais made their money as astute business people. They also understand the value of good managers - that's why  they didn't sack Pearson this time last year.

Personally I don't think we will get relegated next season, and as long as Pearson stays in good health, we could be in the Prem for a reasonably lengthy stay. But either way, Pearson stays, and the first cnut on here who starts calling for Pearson to be sacked will deserve a slap.

Archived