Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Next Season Starting XI - Take a Guess

Guest MattP

Matt's team is actually full of good shouts. Buttner is a good one. Caulker too.

If there's one player I'd put money on us signing this summer it's Nick Powell.

I think he would be a great shout at left back, assuming Luke Shaw does end at Man U they will have him and Evra so you would think Buttner would at least be shoved out on loan for a season to try and adapt to the league playing regualr football.

How are people dropping matty james? Kasper, Schlupp, Moore, Caulker, Cresswell, Drinks, James, Gardner, Mahrez, Knocky, Vardy. People expecting more then 5 transfers are going to be disappointed.

I agree. For me this seasons success has been largely due to the understanding that drinky and James have of each other's games. The last couple of games have highlighted the fact that we need another quality midfielder, but he'd only be back up in my opinion.

I think he would be a great shout at left back, assuming Luke Shaw does end at Man U they will have him and Evra so you would think Buttner would at least be shoved out on loan for a season to try and adapt to the league playing regualr football.

I thought Evra was going to Inter?

Cresswell's the obvious shout.

The defence is the big one really. Whilst they aren't bad players, we aren't a solid defensive side. Lets not kid ourselves. Caulker's not a bad shout as I doubt he'll drop a league with Cardiff. Janmaat sounds feasible as competition with De Laet at right back.

I could see us signing two centre backs actually.

We'll buy another forward/attacking mid. I'm sure of that.

Have heard there may be something in the Ross McCormack rumour.

New Keeper

De Laet                      New CB                    Moore             Schlupp

Drinkwater James

Mahrez                                   King/new CM                  Knockaert/Zaha (Loan)

Vardy or Wood

New Keeper = no idea

New cb = Rio Ferdinand is out of contract?? Who knows..
New cm = Lingard or Powel,

basically, Man U, Man U

Kasper

DeLaet

Morgan

Kurt Zouma (loan from Chelsea)

Bertrand

Cleverley

James

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Wood

Vardy

Bench: Ben Hamer, Ignasi Miquel, Andy King, Dean Hammond, Anthony Knockaert, David Nugent, Gary Taylor-Fletcher.

Thought this team would be slightly different :)

I'm left a bit clueless with the back four if I'm perfectly honest. I only said Kurt Zouma because I was fed up of seeing Caulker everywhere. As for left-back, there are many names out there, Bertrand is the one I went for.

Midfield is self-explanatory really. Yes, we want to play 4-4-2 but I just can't see it happening. Cleverley, Drinkwater and James is a VERY effective trio.

If Wood has a good pre-season he could fit into that role brilliantly. We will probably sign a bigger, better player though. Not sure who.

And the most controversial decision I made... Leaving Liam Moore out. It's nothing personal. I just hope we sign Miquel and putting him on the bench emphasises that :P

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan/Moore

Caulker

Schlupp/Cresswell

Drinkwater

James/Mutch

Mahrez

Powell

Knockaert

Vardy

Edit: I really think it is highly likely we will sign Powell on loan and Cresswell at left back. Think it's been said many times on here that Nige has been looking at these two a lot. With Cardiff most likely getting relegated I reckon pinching Caulker and Mutch would be a masterstroke as those two have been very good this season. Although, I'm not sure whether Mutch has been playing CM or out wide? But he is 6'2''! Would be the perfect "big" CM we need

This would be good if we're bending a few of the rules:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan 

Moore

Cresswell

Cleverly

Drinkwater

James

Knockaert

Vardy

McCormac

Subs: Mahrez, Powell, Nugent, King, Hamer, Wasyl and Schlupp.

kasper

de laet morgan c.dawson rose

knocky drinky c gardener zaha

vardy  vydra

B.jones moore was james berahino mahrez nugent

VERY VERY lightweight

True, but we don't want some bear in attacking midfield do we? Nimble players around the box is good for drawing the foul and then using set pieces. 

...those set pieces that need fvcking working on over the summer that is!

How are people dropping matty james? Kasper, Schlupp, Moore, Caulker, Cresswell, Drinks, James, Gardner, Mahrez, Knocky, Vardy. People expecting more then 5 transfers are going to be disappointed.

This. For me Matty James is our most important midfielder. You see how much we miss him when he isnt playing and the energy and composure he brings. When he doesnt play we always tend to invite more pressure onto ourselves whether that be through sitting too deep or lack of positional sense.

Why are people dropping James? He's played 37 games this season. We've lost 2 of them. Charlton and Man City. If you look at it in more detail, you'd also see that he only played about half the game in both these matches. First name on the team sheet for me!

Archived