Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

First Leicester player who you wanted to be your hero and emulate!

Hard to name one, so to name a few in no particular order:

Steve Walsh

Julian Joachim

Tony James (for scoring that goal! That is the goal that was my 1st memory of Leicester City and the reason i got hooked and have followed them ever since)

Kevin Poole

Well, this is awkward...

I'm only 17 now, when I was 10 I moved up to high school where all the talk was about this new kid at Leicester who had once gone to that same school. He played his first game vs Norwich. I vividly remember him looking like a young Lineker as he easily drifted past the opposition. I was amazed. He was a proper idol. We even had the same PE teacher. It was brilliant. His cousin was in my year. I walked past him at high school when he came to visit. As a 10yr old, he was the player I wanted to be.

Shame it was Joe Mattock. Ugh. Now I hate him more than I hate any footballer. He let me down.

Steve Guppy.

When I was about 5, I went to an open training session and one of his shots hit me. He came over and spoke to me for a bit and was apparently really apologetic. I always thought he was a great player anyway.

There was a thread a while ago asking "what's your favourite number?" - mine was always 24 as he wore that first. 

Steve Guppy.

When I was about 5, I went to an open training session and one of his shots hit me. He came over and spoke to me for a bit and was apparently really apologetic. I always thought he was a great player anyway.

There was a thread a while ago asking "what's your favourite number?" - mine was always 24 as he wore that first. 

Funny you should say that, I always thought Guppy (IT'S BENDING IT'S IN) was dead cool as well and thus 24 is still my favourite number.

Since it's been worn by Gallagher (when I thought he was alright) and Knocky who's a bit of a hero.

Funny you should say that, I always thought Guppy (IT'S BENDING IT'S IN) was dead cool as well and thus 24 is still my favourite number.

Since it's been worn by Gallagher (when I thought he was alright) and Knocky who's a bit of a hero.

lol don't forget the Yak!

Being a goalkeeper in the early 70's at school has to be Shilton. His gloves were a lot better than Peter Bonetti's although they got really soggy in the wet!! Cannot imagine what it must be like to use the gloves they have now! Most of the time you played without them!!!

Having started supporting the City in 62/63, would have said Davie Gibson, the man was so skilful, absolute magic, particularly when you consider the heavy pitches (all sand and mud by Christmas) they had to put up with in those days.

Of course, City were the "Ice Kings" in that season, playing when nearly every other teams matches were postponed.

Close to Gibbo would be Howard Riley for his attacking abilities, he in many ways was an unsung hero.

Arthur Rowley- amazing number of goals.  When he hit that wet leather ball with his left foot it was a goal, so strong.

I remember the year when Rowley and Willie Gardiner scored something like 35 goals each - top of the second division.

Archived