Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

first ever city game

not sure if this has been a thread before, but I always look back on my first game with fond memories

it was a midweek game vs Middlesboro in the 98-99 season,i wasn't really that into football at the time, but can remember my old man picking me up after I had finished school, going down narborough road and having a drink in a few passing pubs, one thing that sticks out is the memory of everyone chanting and singing, getting geared up for the game, and me only being about 9 at the time thinking how amazing it a was, not knowing the heartache, emotion, elation, ups and downs that supporting city would give me in the many years to come

sat in the kop end and I remember gazza scoring in a 1-0 loss, but from that minute I was hooked,all my mates could stick to supporting their man utds, liverpools and arsenals, it was only ever gonna be cittteeehhh for me

again apologies if this has been a thread in the past, just interested in reading about fellow Leicester fans memories of the first time they watched the blue army

There's been a few threads on it, disappointingly I don't know and I can't remember any of it, what I do know however is that I fell asleep and wanted to go home at half time.

Edit: It was the Bilbao friendly at the first game at the Walkers.

Turniing point in history for us, who was caretaker manager for this one.

Well he wasn't actually caretaker if that's what your getting at, but yeah MON left Norwich earlier that day and was appointed at City a few days later.

Wasn't that the first ever league game where both teams didn't have a manager?

lol No idea. Great bit of trivia to find out though, even it wasn't that game, be interested to know the answer.

Boxing Day 1980, lost 1 nil to Brighton and had 2 goals disallowed. Funny enough there was also a couple of minor pitch invasions as well, no OTT police running on, just a couple of rozzers casually marching them off!

11th Oct 1975 v M'boro 0-0 

Wallington, Whitworth,Woollett, Simms, Rofe, Kember, Sammels, Weller, Worthington, Garland, Alderson  [goal disallowed due to offside]

Jack Charlton was M'boro manager and Souness and Terry Cooper played for them

My first game was Boxing Day 1988 against Bournemouth who were managed by 'Arry at the time! I sat with my dad in the old east stand but have no idea how the game ended!

Lost 1-0 if it was Boxing Day 88. Won 2-1 Boxing Day 89.

lol No idea. Great bit of trivia to find out though, even it wasn't that game, be interested to know the answer.

NOOO no no NOOO noooooo NOOO no

Don't feed the trivia machine anymore information.

I know it was 88 as I've still got the ticket stub!

Calm down lol. I just looked up the result, and we played them on consecutive boxing days, so was just giving all the facts.

NOOO no no NOOO noooooo NOOO no

Don't feed the trivia machine anymore information.

lol Feed me! I need more trivia!!!

Archived