Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxy Mofo

Replacement for Conrad

The scene is a blistering hot  middle of the table encounter between Gosport Borough and Bath City in the Skrill South. Bath's goalkeeper has just been sent off for punching Borough striker Justin Bennett as Gosport made it 3-1. Only one man can save Bath City's game now. That man is...

Josh Low.

The now 34 year old winger slips the keeper jersey over his bulging biceps and readies himself for the Gosport onslaught in the final 30 minutes. His first save? An instinctive prod of his toe to deny  Bennett from close range, his second an exquisite two handed parry which manages to bobble past an onrushing Tim Sills. The game wore on with Gosport seemingly finding it impossible to beat this marvelous player. 

The final whistle goes Low has done all he can today and a wry smile as he leaves the field suggests he may know a high level move awaits him.

In all seriousness I thought this would amuse a few people and to be fair to him he took my abuse very well. Managed to catch him in the clubhouse afterwards and he seems a very intelligent guy, he practices Law as well as playing football, In regards to Leicester he said we were pleased we were going up but also admitted it he didn't enjoy his time here as he knew he couldn't cut it but kept being selected apparently.

Whilst I'm at it I'll share a couple more Leicester related Non-League stories (I run the Club Shop at Gosport Borough).

Steve Claridge played for us a couple of years ago and no word of a lie scored the winning goal in the play-off final to get us promoted to the Southern Premier League. He signed my shirt and in the spur of the moment I may have touched his shin...

On the same shirt I've got the signature of Barry Hayles from when he was playing at St Albans last year and I also managed to get the signature of Elvis Hammond who has got an orgasmic touch for this level but still struggles to score more than ten in a season. He thought I was taking the piss when I asked for his signature but his goal against Spurs is probably my earliest footballing memory.

Thanks for reading

Archived