Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

I can't get tickets....I'm not happy!

What about the games where they do adults for a tenner etc? They don't gain then. When we looked well placed at the turn of the year, I'd be surprised if plenty didn't think about getting a half season ticket. I can see pros and cons in all scenarios. Just like life, there will always be winners and losers.

That maybe so, but I do believe there should be a little bit more help for people who have disabilities who cannot make every game etc

Tomorrow's Mercury...

Football Club In 'Looking After Season Ticket Holders For Once' Shocker

But there not in reality being give the chance to buy tickets for someone else doesn't benefit me as a ST holder, ok I can get tickets for someone else but then if they were made available to all fans in an appropriate priority those people could probably have got them anyway.

The only real benefit they can give ST holders is to raise the ticket exchange back to 5 and reduce ST prices this would attract more ST holders including those that can't make all the games.

What about the games where they do adults for a tenner etc? They don't gain then. When we looked well placed at the turn of the year, I'd be surprised if plenty didn't think about getting a half season ticket. I can see pros and cons in all scenarios. Just like life, there will always be winners and losers.

ST ticket prices already take into account that there will be a number of 'fans fixtures' so that is not disadvantaging ST holders.

Makes perfect sense to give doncaster tickets to those who've at least shown a bit of support earlier in the season. I expect the club to do the same thing against the Man united, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea's of next season. 

I have a season ticket. I go with my friendls who also have season tickets. Buying another has no benifit to me at all.  It's a myth that as soon as a big game comes along all the STH's snap up all the +1 tickets. It's like Man City all over again. The club are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.  

i honestly don't think there would've been any complaints at all if they'd just sold the tickets for doncaster in a priority order. something simple like:

- sths already have a ticket, happy days 

- been to 10+ games in the season

- been to any game this season at home

- members 

- gen sale

everyone who "deserves" a ticket would get one based on that, as opposed to it selling out to sths friends. 

sths should get benefits, yes, but i'm pretty sure they are already benefitting for this game by having their seat and having paid much less than a ticket buyer on the day. 

If the club make it so that you can only be guaranteed a ticket for big games by getting a season ticket, more people are going to buy season tickets, surely?

Makes sense to me.

You can't expect one if you're not a season ticket holder, you can be disappointed you didn't get one, but you can't expect one. I queued for 6 hours to get away tickets for Watford last year, but I didn't complain that I didn't get them, because I didn't go to enough away games to guarantee one. It's a very simple and fair system.

As someone only able to go to the odd game, I still can't say it's really unfair. And it will be a lot worse next year. I'd agree with the town fan who suggested sitting with their fans, I've done that a fair few times and it works well - sat behind our bench and spare players at Charlton, even did it at Millwall though there you really have to keep quiet.

1st of all I know a lot of peeps quewed up for tickets as early as 5am for tickets for Donny. No notice up by our club to say they was gone which is shambolic! I got Donny will return some. ... I ring Doncaster to see when there sending them back. I'm told they was allocated 2000 of which 1500 are gone and gen sale starts Monday so none will be going back. Its funny the comments on here used to be in not paying £30 to watch that crap in this poor league etc. We start winning and suddenly..... Next year come april when we get something like palace at home bet its back down to 22k with the usual I'm not paying to watch that. This is why there is so many plastic songs. I work sats because of my job. Im lucky enough to be going Bolton (cuttently sat in Blackpool) then again I'll be at Huddesfield. I don't need a ticket cause my job gets me in for free. On the odd sat I don't work I like to go to the kp but only managed one this year. Gutted I can't make donny esp if we go on the pitch!!!! lol  

I still don't know why there isn't just a points system for everything given the technology available today. You could have certain points for season tickets (which could increase prorated with the home fixtures), certain ones for attending matches (home and away), even potentially more points on offer for the less glamorous games or early round cup fixtures? Big events could even cost points. It surely can't be that difficult.

Points don't work for home games as if you buy on the day, and judging by the queues plenty do they don't go on your record.

What they need is a lifetime membership number akin to your NHS number or store card number so that everytime you buy a ticket or purchase merchandise you give them your number and it's recorded automatically and appropriate points maybe based on actual money spent would be awarded.

Points don't work for home games as if you buy on the day, and judging by the queues plenty do they don't go on your record.

What they need is a lifetime membership number akin to your NHS number or store card number so that everytime you buy a ticket or purchase merchandise you give them your number and it's recorded automatically and appropriate points maybe based on actual money spent would be awarded.

Ah yes, I see it's the mayday ones that are the issue in the OS thing.

Yup number system as you suggest would be great.

Tomorrow's Mercury...

Football Club In 'Looking After Season Ticket Holders For Once' Shocker

Season ticket holders who would already have their seats secured for Donny anyway, like they do every match of the season?

Or the mates of season ticket holders who have just been rewarded for luck and nothing else?

So fed up I may have to revert to begging for a ticket lol.  I have attended 8 away games and 6 home games, travelling over 7000 miles and spending in excess of £3500 in the process and still cannot get a ticket.

I seriously would have thought about getting a season ticket but being a paramedic in Glasgow makes it very difficult to attend all home games....especially when you cant be sure if games are going to be moved for tv.

I am originally from Wigston but moved away when I joined the forces back in 1985.  Hence I have no family or friends still in the area (how sad do I sound lol).  I am not complaining about glory boys and so called plastic fans just feeling sorry for myself.

If anyone has a spare ticket (2 would be better) then I would be forever grateful.

So fed up I may have to revert to begging for a ticket lol.  I have attended 8 away games and 6 home games, travelling over 7000 miles and spending in excess of £3500 in the process and still cannot get a ticket.

I seriously would have thought about getting a season ticket but being a paramedic in Glasgow makes it very difficult to attend all home games....especially when you cant be sure if games are going to be moved for tv.

I am originally from Wigston but moved away when I joined the forces back in 1985.  Hence I have no family or friends still in the area (how sad do I sound lol).  I am not complaining about glory boys and so called plastic fans just feeling sorry for myself.

If anyone has a spare ticket (2 would be better) then I would be forever grateful.

have you not seen brisfox post giving one for free to serving forces/emergeancy services?

Your missing what's going on here. By the club giving preference to season ticket holders for tickets that should go on general sale the club has established a precedent that it can now use to increase season ticket sales as anyone buying a ST will now EXPECT to get extra tickets for "big" purchase history now counts for nothing as a mini season ticket or member has preference. It is now looking like most main games next season will be "sold out" sit down and think about the figures. Ten years of shite and now to be treated like this. PAP

The ones closest to your fans though are of course the ones with the biggest mouths / loonies in general, so definitely not the place to try and mingle in.

I remember the FA cup last January and some, how should we put this, well padded out lass with peroxide blonde hair giving it the big one to us all game, afterwards on the coaches leaving she was still there with hand gestures and the like.

She probably bounces well in the sack but definitely a last chance saloon type in a nightclub.

If the club make it so that you can only be guaranteed a ticket for big games by getting a season ticket, more people are going to buy season tickets, surely?

Makes sense to me.

You can't expect one if you're not a season ticket holder, you can be disappointed you didn't get one, but you can't expect one. I queued for 6 hours to get away tickets for Watford last year, but I didn't complain that I didn't get them, because I didn't go to enough away games to guarantee one. It's a very simple and fair system.

In what way is it fair? In what way to season ticket holders friends deserve a ticket more than me, who has been to all but one home game?

I expect and accept to struggle to get tickets for away games, that is fair enough, and is the case every season.

However, I have never, ever had the same problem with a home game and it is not 'fair' to change the ticketing system for this one game, and at short notice so I can't do anything about it, just because they've realised it would be massively popular. I know the perks of being a season ticket holder but when considering whether to get one I was not informed that there would be a fixture like this. So it's not like you can say I should have got a season ticket for this reason.

Fair would have been to sell tickets like every other home game of  the season. If you're a season ticket holder, you already have your seat. The first come, first serve, nobody who really wants to go should have a problem,  nobody would have complained.

What they've actually done is screwed people over who have been regulars this season and not for any good reason, really. It was always going to sell out, but they've just made it nearly impossible for certain people to get a ticket, or two tickets together, as the majority of people would want.

I have a season ticket. I go with my friendls who also have season tickets. Buying another has no benifit to me at all. It's a myth that as soon as a big game comes along all the STH's snap up all the +1 tickets. It's like Man City all over again. The club are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

but if that was the case then they wouldn't be sold out already

In what way is it fair? In what way to season ticket holders friends deserve a ticket more than me, who has been to all but one home game?

I expect and accept to struggle to get tickets for away games, that is fair enough, and is the case every season.

However, I have never, ever had the same problem with a home game and it is not 'fair' to change the ticketing system for this one game, and at short notice so I can't do anything about it, just because they've realised it would be massively popular. I know the perks of being a season ticket holder but when considering whether to get one I was not informed that there would be a fixture like this. So it's not like you can say I should have got a season ticket for this reason.

Fair would have been to sell tickets like every other home game of the season. If you're a season ticket holder, you already have your seat. The first come, first serve, nobody who really wants to go should have a problem, nobody would have complained.

What they've actually done is screwed people over who have been regulars this season and not for any good reason, really. It was always going to sell out, but they've just made it nearly impossible for certain people to get a ticket, or two tickets together, as the majority of people would want.

So if you been to all except one, why didn't you get a st originally? If it's because you couldn't guarantee how many games you could attend, why not get a membership? It's no use moaning 8 months down the line when you could have originally helped yourself out

Archived