Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

what supporting city means to you

now, my mrs knows how much I enjoy football, and my love for Leicester city which is undying, so when she said the other day "if I made you choose between me and Leicester, who would you pick" now honestly, hand on heart, it may make me sound crazy, but city edged it, cue the reaction of her disbelief, moaning and groaning about "well Leicester don't do your cooking, washing, ironing etc do they" and so on, my reaction was "listen love, Leicester will be a part of my life till the day I die, no matter what I do in life they will always be there, granted some Saturdays after a defeat (not that weve had many recently) I will be a right miserable b*****d, especially my 2 hours silence after the Watford play off defeat, when I couldn't even talk to her family who were round, but my love for city is like no other, and nothing else In this world, apart from my daughter, means more to me then supporting city, now when you can bend a 25 yard free kick in like knockeart, maybe I will love you the same, now go make me a sandwich" haha

what does supporting us mean to you

I'd be lost without Leicester City. 

After a whole week of boring work, nagging Mrs, money troubles, housework etc etc etc there is no better feeling than going batshit at the football.

The last few years without it have been hell and I am so glad I've got a new job that allows me to go again. 

Bring on next season and bring on more money troubles and more nagging!!!

It means an overdraft, constantly struggling to make ends meet, lack of summer holidays (any summer holiday), constantly knackered during the week, no missus, and a massive hangover on a Sunday morning after a session with the lads on a Saturday matchday.

Wouldn't change it for the world.

They say football is just a game. The passion showed in this post is evidence that it just isn't. I would be lost without Leicester City FC.

They say football is just a game. The passion showed in this post is evidence that it just isn't. I would be lost without Leicester City FC.

My dad tells me to grow up lol It was him who got me into it.

It IS more than just a game. Its a social thing to do with the lads who are bloody great people anyway and its a relief and distraction from normal drab day to day life

It means a ridiculous amount to me!

Now I'm too young for a missus in terms of marriage but I think if you asked my ex, it meant more to me than she would have appreciated. It's never far away from my mind! I check this forum multiple times a day. I'm constantly on newsnow (especially during transfer season)

I cried when we got promoted! And it made me happier than anything I've experienced thus far in life. I find myself dreaming about city and singing our songs in the shower! I'm so excited about tonight just because I know we can win the league! I've been singing champions all day.

Living in London makes me appreciate it more. I'm born and bred in London. I don't have a Leicester accent, my dad brought me up a city fan and I won't ever change! I look at my mates and I just know I'm far more passionate than they are!! So yeah, it means everything to me. I kind of wish it didn't but I just can't help but be obsessed.

Archived