Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City player ratings v Bolton

Surprisingly (12 hours after the match), I can't see any City player ratings posted for the Bolton game.  If it hasn't happened yet, could those that went, post some ratings please (if it has - could someone tell me where they are !) ?

Schmeichel 8 Made a few saves, one or two bad kicks.

De Laet 8 Solid at the back and had some good forward runs

Morgan 8 Won lots in the air

Wasilewski 8 Same as Morgan

Konch 8 Solid defensively, didn't lose the ball much as some people suggest he normally does

James 9 Thought he was superb

Drinkwater 9 MOTM Him and James ran everything, surging runs forward at times too 

Knockaert 7.5 Worked hard out of possesion, held onto the ball too long a couple of times

Mahrez 7 Not a bad performance at all but not his best

King 7 Didn't get on the ball much in the 1st half, good on the ball when he was

Nugent 8 Worked very hard, won a few headers, linked play up well. Shame he didn't get a goal!

Wood 7.5 Held the ball up quite well when he came on, chased a lost cause to make the goal

Dyer 8 Thunderbolt goal, quite quiet afterwards but he had done his job by then!

Hammond 7 Didn't have much time on the pitch but did his defensive midfield role well.

Kasper 8 - Made some good saves and his quick goal kick lead to the goal.

RDL 8 - Soild at the back and is always a threat going forward.

Konch 7 - Assured display. Always nice to have someone like him that can come and slot in with such ease at the back.

Morgan 8 - Dealt with Juke and Beckford well when he can on.

Wasyl 7 - Same as Morgan. Loses a point for a needless elbow which should've seen him sent off.

Knocky 7 - Tireless running and a lot of great link up play but often tried too much again.

Mahrez 7 - He's gonna be awesome next year. Such a flair player and when he turns it on he is first class.

James 9 - My MOTM. He was just class from start to finish. Hopefully he will stay injury free because he will be key for us next season.

Drinkwater 9 - Another class performance. He's been by far our most consistent player this season. I love how he dictates our play and drives us on from the midfield.

King 7 - Tried to play the supporting strikers role and didn't really do a lot wrong, a good box to box effort.

Nuge 7 - Tireless running often seen him out of position. Linked up well with midfield. Was always going to be hard against 3 centre backs. Better when we went 442.

Subs:

Dyer 8 - What a hit.

Wood 7 - Ran in behind really well, held the ball up well and did fantastically well in the build up to the goal.

Hammond 6 - Only on for ten minutes but tightened it up and made sure we seen out the victory.

Kasper 7 - standard stuff 

RDL 7 - did his job defensively, one or two great bursting runs down the line

Wes 7

Wasyl 8 - the fact he can elbow and knee his man at least three or four times a game and not even give away a free kick gets him an extra point 

Konch 7

James 9 - one step ahead of everyone. better first touch than ronaldinho and messi combined. 

Drinkwater 8 

King 7 - steady

Mahrez 7 - usual tricks and running with the ball, should've shot earlier on a few occasions

Knocky 7 - same as mahrez, really

Nuge 7 - same performance as the last few up top on his bill 

wood 7 - did well for the goal 

dyer 8 - :wub:

Schmeichel; Largely untested. 6

De Laet; Barely put a foot wrong for me and produced a superb run that should've ended in a goal. 8

Morgan; Struggling to find anything to criticise him for defensively. 7

Wasilewski; See Morgan. Though I did think collectively we defended poorly a couple of times and a decent forward (hehe) would've punished us. 7

Konchesky; Solid and unspectacular. 7

Knockaert; Threatening but not a lot really came off for him. 6

James; MOTM. I genuinely think the lad can play for England one day. I challenge anyone to name a single weakness he has to his game. 9

Drinkwater; Controlled the game along with James. A class act who is too good for this league. 8

Mahrez; Like Knockaert things didn't really come off for him. He's a serious talent but needs to learn when to release the ball as he's often guilty of trying to do too much - though you can guarantee he's one day doing to beat 7 players and score. 7

King; Fairly quiet really. 5

Nugent; Like King, quiet. 5

Subs;

Dyer; Back to his best with probably his best and most important goal for us. He loves playing Bolton doesn't he? 8

Wood; Should've scored for me. I still don't think he fits this team but I saw more application from him than usual. 6

Hammond; Can't really complain, helped see the game out though he was quiet. His presence alone makes it harder for the opposition to break us down. 6

Kasper - 7 Didnt have much to do

De Laet - 8 Got forward very well

Morgan - 9 Absolute rock again

Wasyl - 7.5 Lacking a bit in pace but had one of his better games

Konch - 8 Excellent going forward and defensively

Knocky - 8.5 Grew as the game went on, one of his best performances this season

Drinky -  9 Fantastic

James - 9 Equally fantastic, i love that centre mid pairing

King - 7 Bit of a 3rd wheel in the midfield but still played well

Mahrez - 7 Didnt really come off for him last night but we all know what he's capable of

Nuge - 7 Not bad

Much tho it should just be 10/10 for everyone just for sealing the deal.

Kasper 7 not any real saves to make, actually cam and punched a few of the set pieces, looked determined to keep a clean sheet.

RDL 7 Good going forward a few moments defensively against Boltons liveliest player.

Konch 7 I thought we may miss Schlupp, but he picked the right night to have his best game in a while.

Wes and Was 8, solid dealt with what little was thrown at them.

Mahrez 8 actually thought he played really well, but needs to produce an end product more often.

Knocky 7 bit like Mahrez, he often dwells on the ball to long. But has moments where he looks untouchable.

James 10 MOTM brilliant, never game the ball away (1 misplaced pass apart) won everything, really gives us a platform to build on.

DD 9 ran James close, excellent movement and breaking forward.

King 7 Never lets you down looks more comfortable being that bit further forward trying to link with Nugent.

Nugent 8.5 can't quite give him a 9 but I am surprised how well he has done in the lone striker role. But that role looks made for Vardys work rate and pace next year.

Dyer, wonder goal with his standing leg, 10 just for that, 6 for everything else.

Wood, did really well for the goal, could have scored himself as well, a solid 7.

Deano 10 out of 10 for doing nothing other than winning the ball and playing 4 yard passes, wonder if he has a 40 yard pass in his locker, guess we may never find out lol

Archived