Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
qwerty123

Drinkwater passing stats

Afternoon

I'm sure I heard on RL last night that Danny Drinkwater has made over 1000 more passes than any other player in the Championship. To me this seems unbelievably - Also it was said Drinkwater had made more tackles that Wes Morgan. I think they said he'd made 90 tackles and Wes had made 70ish?

Does anyone have anywhere we could confirm these sort of stats?

Would Mike McCarthy who works for RL be able to help? Does he use this forum?

Thanks

Afternoon

I'm sure I heard on RL last night that Danny Drinkwater has made over 1000 more passes than any other player in the Championship. To me this seems unbelievably - Also it was said Drinkwater had made more tackles that Wes Morgan. I think they said he'd made 90 tackles and Wes had made 70ish?

Does anyone have anywhere we could confirm these sort of stats?

Would Mike McCarthy who works for RL be able to help? Does he use this forum?

Thanks

Can't see the 'passes' bit as believable, but the tackling could be. Surprisingly few tackles actually made by players, can usually be counted on one hand per game.

Most midfield players will make about 80 passes in a match, so for Drinky to have made 3500 to 4000 passes so far this season and be 1000 in front of anyone else, doesn't seem to make sense to me.

He said Danny had made 600 more passes then anybody else in the league before last nights game and 90 tackles compared to Wes who had done 77

Thanks

Where do they gets the stats from? It would be interesting to see how he compares to other players

Looking at other stats on their, we're the team that receives the least fouls. Fair play to all the lads because most teams come to kick us off the park half the time yet most of them just stay on their feet and try and play on.

Looking at those stats Drinkwater's passing is a little misleading, whilst he may have made a lot more passes than some, he has played a lot more games, Barton has a marginally lower average passes per game, but has played a lot less games over all so it is a slight massaging of figures, not to say that DD hasn't been excellent this season, but lets not blow fake smoke up his arse.

The only stat that really counts is this one: 96 points.

Looking at those stats Drinkwater's passing is a little misleading, whilst he may have made a lot more passes than some, he has played a lot more games, Barton has a marginally lower average passes per game, but has played a lot less games over all so it is a slight massaging of figures, not to say that DD hasn't been excellent this season, but lets not blow fake smoke up his arse.

The only stat that really counts is this one: 96 points.

Why would that make a difference? If you've played 50 games or 5 games and you average, say, 50 passes in either of those groups of games, what difference does the number of games make? As the number of passes goes up or down, so does the number of games by which it is divided to get the average. It would make a difference to the total, though, so the 600 figure might be misleading compared to Barton, but the average stat takes away that problem.

Why would that make a difference? If you've played 50 games or 5 games and you average, say, 50 passes in either of those groups of games, what difference does the number of games make? As the number of passes goes up or down, so does the number of games by which it is divided to get the average. It would make a difference to the total, though, so the 600 figure might be misleading compared to Barton, but the average stat takes away that problem.

That is what I am saying, the average stat puts drinkwater just ahead of Barton, the total passes puts him miles ahead. So we should be looking at the average stat and not trying to manipulate the stats to make him look better. One person said that it is 13/14 passes more per match than any other player, but that is not true he plays 0.3 per match more than Barton.

His pass success rate puts him 34th, behind James, King, Lloyd and Knocky.

Key passes, he is in 45th behind Knocky, James, Nugent and Lloyd

This is not a criticism of DD, just saying that no stat tells the whole story and making 600 passes more than anyone else in the league isn't that great if they don't always find their man, and don't create many chances.

That is what I am saying, the average stat puts drinkwater just ahead of Barton, the total passes puts him miles ahead. So we should be looking at the average stat and not trying to manipulate the stats to make him look better. One person said that it is 13/14 passes more per match than any other player, but that is not true he plays 0.3 per match more than Barton.

This is not a criticism of DD, just saying that no stat tells the whole story and making 600 passes more than anyone else in the league isn't that great if they don't always find their man, and don't create many chances.

Err that's where you look at pass completion stats. I think you'll find he's quite good at that too.

This is not a criticism of DD, just saying that no stat tells the whole story and making 600 passes more than anyone else in the league isn't that great if they don't always find their man, and don't create many chances.

Well ain't you a cheerful soul

It depends a lot on how good the players receiving the pass are and how used to playing with the passer.

Knocky & Mahrez seem to be a level above most in terms of controlling a pass even more so one that is slightly wayward.

Well ain't you a cheerful soul

My disposition has nothing to do with it just actually looking at the stats rather than wanking over the fact that we have a player at the top of a probably the most meaningless stat. Attempted passes really means nothing, successful passes, key passes and assists are a lot more meaningful. I am a big fan of DD and despite others being ahead of him in the key stats still think he is probably up there with Vardy, another man whose stats don't really indicate his influence, as our player of the season

Err that's where you look at pass completion stats. I think you'll find he's quite good at that too.

34th in the Champ and 5th at the club, quite good, but nobody is starting a thread about that.

Archived