Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Additional End of Season Awards 13/14

Because Young Player, Player, and Goal isn't really that all-encompassing is it?

Fans Performance of the Season - In which game did we do our best work for the lads?

Team Performance of the Season - In which game did the lads as a team do their best work for us?

Individual Performance of the Season - Best performance produced by a City player in any given game this season?

Pearson Performance of the Season - Best managerial game from Big Nige? (Tactics, Subs etc)

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Which moment produced the best/your favourite/most epic celes/scenes?

Understated Hero of the Season - Whos work has been invaluable but perhaps understated or unnoticed?

Plus any more to be added?

Fans Performance of the Season - Burnley away

Team Performance of the Season - Derby in the league at home

Individual Performance of the Season - Need to think about this one

Pearson Performance of the Season - Ipswich away

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Burnley away after Wood's goal!

Understated Hero of the Season - Richie De Laet/Wasyl

Fans Performance of the Season - Last 10 minutes of the Brighton game was just awesome. Full game would probably be Burnley away.

Team Performance of the Season - Watford away was pretty much perfect. Everyone was a 8/9/10 rating. But Derby takes the biscuit. We could have given anyone a game that day.

Individual Performance of the Season - Tough to say, I don't remember many games where we've needed one particular performance to get us a result. Maybe Mahrez vs Blackpool.

Pearson Performance of the Season - QPR away was excellent.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - In the living room at around 5:00 on Saturday the 12th of April.

Understated Hero of the Season - David Nugent. We shouldn't look at him for his goals, because he's had a poor season in front of goal in open play. But his workrate, attitude and commitment is awesome. Also our top assister (with Mahrez, Knocky and Drinkwater in the side, that's an excellent achievement).

Because Young Player, Player, and Goal isn't really that all-encompassing is it?

Fans Performance of the Season - In which game did we do our best work for the lads? Watford away, fantastic atmosphere full of humour

Team Performance of the Season - In which game did the lads as a team do their best work for us? Derby at home, they were flying and we took them apart. Sensational stuff.

Individual Performance of the Season - Best performance produced by a City player in any given game this season? Very tough question

Pearson Performance of the Season - Best managerial game from Big Nige? (Tactics, Subs etc) Bringing on James at half time v Ipswich away, turned the game and recovered from the Forest defeat

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Which moment produced the best/your favourite/most epic celes/scenes? Knockaert goal at Watford

Understated Hero of the Season - Whos work has been invaluable but perhaps understated or unnoticed? Craig Shakespeare, gets on really well with Stringer and is obviously passing on instructions from Pearson during games that work.

Plus any more to be added?

Fans Performance of the Season - In which game did we do our best work for the lads?

Fulham in the Cup.

Team Performance of the Season - In which game did the lads as a team do their best work for us?

Watford 0-3 Leicester

Individual Performance of the Season - Best performance produced by a City player in any given game this season?

Nothing jumps out, there have been an awful lot of brilliant performances.

Pearson Performance of the Season - Best managerial game from Big Nige? (Tactics, Subs etc)

Boro Away (Unpopular decisions, brilliant decisions. Two players who would have been nowhere near the team if the majority of fans had been selecting the team. Both score, both go on to be the best players in our squad. Genius.)

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Which moment produced the best/your favourite/most epic celes/scenes?

Drinky vs. Watford

Understated Hero of the Season - Whos work has been invaluable but perhaps understated or unnoticed?

Lloyd Dyer (One of of best players in the first half of the season, but with Riyad coming in he's been talked about less. Until yesterday anyway.

Fans Performance of the Season - Forest was good IMO. If I'm allowed though I'd like to pick a ten minute spell rather than a full game - Brighton at home.

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home was a very complete performance. Did almost everything right that day. Note: The management team got to pick this last season so we might get to hear their views again.

Individual Performance of the Season - Liam Moore stood up brilliantly against a bit of an onslaught from QPR in December

Pearson Performance of the Season - Turned the game around away at QPR. Thought we were getting a bit overrun in the first half but were the better team after.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - What a great category!  :D  :thumbup: King v Blackpool. Two minute turnarounds are a rarity.

Understated Hero of the Season - James probably. I think people realise his quality but his role doesn't allow him to stand out particularly.

Fans Performance of the Season - In which game did we do our best work for the lads?

Burnley away.

Team Performance of the Season - In which game did the lads as a team do their best work for us?

Derby at home. Serious statement of intent. 

Individual Performance of the Season - Best performance produced by a City player in any given game this season?

Struggling with this. Schmeichel away at Leeds, maybe? Would have lost that game if it wasn't for him and who knows what would have happened if we lost that. 

Pearson Performance of the Season - Best managerial game from Big Nige? (Tactics, Subs etc)

QPR away. Perfect away performance that kept us at the top and didn't let QPR open a gap to us. 

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Which moment produced the best/your favourite/most epic celes/scenes?

Blackburn concourse. In game, King vs Blackpool. 

Understated Hero of the Season - Whos work has been invaluable but perhaps understated or unnoticed?

Matt Reeves and Dave Rennie. 

Fans Performance of the Season - Charlton away, purely as it was the only game I went to.

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home.

Individual Performance of the Season - Joint award to Vardy and Nugent against Derby.

Pearson Performance of the Season - The changes at Ipswich.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Nugent's last minute goal at Leeds.

Understated Hero of the Season - Matty James.

Fans Performance of the Season - Charlton at home, well it sounded that way from the back of SK1 anyway  :P

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home, don't think anything else comes near.

Individual Performance of the Season - Nugent vs Derby, one of the most complete performances I've seen from a City player, two goals and two assists says it all really.

Pearson Performance of the Season - Ipswich away, god awful first half and then brought on Miquel and James at half time and we overturned a 1-0 deficit to a comfortable 1-2 victory.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Yeovil, Fulham or Watford at home, hard to choose.

Understated Hero of the Season - He seems to be getting more credit of late but James, one loss in his 34 games says it all.

Fans Performance of the Season - The last few minutes of Brighton at home

Team Performance of the Season - Can't look past Derby at home, every single player was on form and that's the absolute best I can remember a Leicester City team playing. Most prem teams would have had a game on their hands with that performance.

Individual Performance of the Season - I'm gonna go with Wood vs Fulham for this one, thought he had an excellent game and was the driving force behind that win. Honourable mentions to Nugent vs Derby, Mahrez vs Blackpool and  Kasper vs Leeds

Pearson Performance of the Season - Boro first game, Drinkwater and Vardy playing who go on to be our best players but I don't think many were happy to see them in the team

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Ghost nightclub on the 12th of April

Understated Hero of the Season - Matty James without a doubt. His midfield partner gets most of the plaudits but I think he is just as good as Drinky but not in as prominent of a role so he is noticed less

Jesus the scenes question is tough.

Schmeichel vs Yeovil, Mahrez at Forest, Lloyd can have his own competition (Bolton home and away and Fulham), Nugent and Wood at Burnley, in fact just all day at Burnley, Vardy at QPR, Drinky vs Watford, Knocky at Watford, the list is endless.

What an unbelievable season. I love this team.

Fans Performance of the Season

Fulham in the Cup.

Team Performance of the Season

Barnsley away - most dominant away performance I have ever seen from us.

Individual Performance of the Season

Nugent v Derby

Pearson Performance of the Season

Boro Away 

Absolute Scenes of the Season 

Schmeichel/Wood V Yeovil

Understated Hero of the Season -

Lloyd

Fans Performance of the Season - That last 10 against Brighton was brilliant

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home

Individual Performance of the Season - Tough, I'll go with our best performer in our best game, so Nuge vs Derby at home

Pearson Performance of the Season - Ipswich away - 2 HT subs resulting in 2 goals

Absolute Scenes of the Season - End of Yeovil at home for me

Understated Hero of the Season - Ritchie De Laet. We all know he's good but he's rarely mentioned when talking about stand out performers. 

Fans Performance of the Season - Forest away

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home

Individual Performance of the Season - Vardy first game of the season v Middlesborough, showed us what he was actually capable of

Pearson Performance of the Season - Probably the Bolton away game, inspired substitutions, which crowned us champions

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Yeovil at home, Kaspers goal

Understated Hero of the Season - Without a shadow of a doubt, Ritchie De Laet

Bearing in mind I've seen limited games this season, mine are: 

Fans Performance of the Season - Millwall away at 'Billy no mates' or last 10 at Brighton

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home

Individual Performance of the Season - Vardy at home to Ipswich, good finish and phenomenal pace and work rate

Pearson Performance of the Season - Ipswich away (home end for me  lol ) his subs changed the game

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Very few contenders for me so Millwall away for the third

Understated Hero of the Season - Nugent, especially given the slating he gets

Fans Performance of the Season - Fulham was certainly the most entertaining game for me

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home. Burnley away.

Individual Performance of the Season - There are so many. Lloyd vs Carlisle sticks in my mind. 

Pearson Performance of the Season - QPR away. In my opinion, he got the tactics absolutely spot-on

Absolute Scenes of the Season - It's gotta be Schmeichel vs Yeovil. 

Understated Hero of the Season - Matt Reeves, the senior sports scientist.

Fans Performance of the Season - Last 10 minutes of the Brighton home game

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at Home

Individual Performance of the Season - Dyer at home to Derby or Moore/Morgan away at QPR

Pearson Performance of the Season - Bournemouth away!

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Celebrating Drinkwater's equaliser against Watford

Understated Hero of the Season - Nobody mentions Nugent as a potential player of the season, I think he's been fantastic!

Fans Performance of the Season - We've been pretty boring at home, and I haven't been away because my mates are boring

Team Performance of the Season - Derby, absolutely phenomenal performance

Individual Performance of the Season - Vardy has put in the best, but can't remember the games

Pearson Performance of the Season - Millwall away, he took a different approach, changed the team, and it worked

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Kasper's/Wood's goal against Yeovil, even hugged the people next to me, was about in tears  lol

Understated Hero of the Season - De Laet has impressed me more and more tbh...shh Babylon

Fulham at home.

Team Performance of the Season - In which game did the lads as a team do their best work for us? Derby at home.

Nugent v Derby.

Pearson Performance of the Season - Best managerial game from Big Nige? (Tactics, Subs etc) Millwall away.

King's goal at Blackpool.

Tough between Dyer and Nuge but I think it's slightly Dyer.

Fans - Burnley away 

Team - QPR away

Individual - Nuge vs Derby. 2 goals, 2 assists, he must've ran about 2 marathons to match. 

Pearson - the moment he decided to sit in the stand 

scenes - burnley away wood's goal through to getting on the train. 

understated hero - lloyd. topped it all off with the goal last night. could've gone to wasyl mind. 

Fans Performance of the Season - Burnley Away

Team Performance of the Season - Has to be Derby at home really, electric. Honourable mentions for QPR Away, Burnley Away and Watford Away.

Individual Performance of the Season - Probably Nuge v Derby at home. Want to come back to this one.

Pearson Performance of the Season - Feel like Burnley Away was an absolute number despite their excuses. A lot of master strokes in games like bringing on Phillips v Leeds Away. I'd agree with Boro Away first up though, brave decisions that showed flexibility and nous, shut the boo-boys up, proved he knew what he was doing and set the tone for the season in one fell swoop.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Knockaert goal v Watford for me. Such togetherness, real feelings of exorcism and an outpouring of emotion.

Understated Hero of the Season - I'd agree with Matty James. Big future.

Fans Performance of the Season - Birmingham away was decent atmosphere i though

Team Performance of the Season - Derby in the league home

Individual Performance of the Season - Drinky at Boro away, and early season games

Pearson Performance of the Season - Millwall away resting 6/7 players

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Dyer vs Fulham was amazing, like slow motion

Understated Hero of the Season - James probably

Fans Performance of the Season - Burnley away

Team Performance of the Season - Derby home

Individual Performance of the Season - Anthony Knockaert away to Watford

Pearson Performance of the Season - Blackpool at home or last night

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Dyers goal v Fulham for me! I went mental

Understated Hero of the Season - Matty James, would've lost points without him there this season

Archived