Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Age restriction?

What's the youngest you can take a child down to City?

My 22 month old is already football mad. When at the pub she is shouting "football, football' and when a goal is scored chucks her arms in the air and shouts 'goal'. At home she passes me the PlayStation remote and says 'football on', sits next to me with the spare remote and when I score shouts 'goal'.

Obviously she is too young to take down at the moment, but is there an official age where kids can start going down the KP with their parents/guardians?

I've seen toddlers there, before. Should be fine.

Take her to a game where it's a guaranteed sell-out. That feeling of walking out onto the terraces for the first time is exceptional (I'm sure you remember it, yourself).

I've seen toddlers there, before. Should be fine.

Take her to a game where it's a guaranteed sell-out. That feeling of walking out onto the terraces for the first time is exceptional (I'm sure you remember it, yourself).

You say that but one of the guys I go with took a lad about three or four and he was absolutely terrified by the noise. 

Depends on the kid I suppose.

My grandson went to his first match at 28 months old a couple of seasons ago. Think the policy is that they must be able to walk apart from that I don't think there is a minimum age. Why don't you take her to a pre-season Friendly  first easier to get in.

My grandson went to his first match at 28 months old a couple of seasons ago. Think the policy is that they must be able to walk apart from that I don't think there is a minimum age. Why don't you take her to a pre-season Friendly  first easier to get in.

Sounds a good idea. She's pretty out going and I don't think crowd noise will bother her, more keeping her in her seat for that length of time.

Edit: She also has a frown like her mum, I think she'd end up getting me kicked in with some of the looks she pulls!

You say that but one of the guys I go with took a lad about three or four and he was absolutely terrified by the noise.

Depends on the kid I suppose.

I took my son down a couple of seasons back when he was 5/6 years old and when we scored he started crying, scared the shit out of him and he wanted the toilet every 10 mins which was a nightmare. He's now 9 and I do ask him if he wants to come but he says "No, I dont really like it" but he will put his Leicester kit on when we play and sit and watch it with me. I will get him going.

I took my son down a couple of seasons back when he was 5/6 years old and when we scored he started crying, scared the shit out of him and he wanted the toilet every 10 mins which was a nightmare. He's now 9 and I do ask him if he wants to come but he says "No, I dont really like it" but he will put his Leicester kit on when we play and sit and watch it with me. I will get him going.

Hope you have more luck than I did. Took my son to his first match in 1983 when he was ten, and he hated it, even though we got promoted that season. Took my daughter when she was 16, and she hated it as well (mind you, it was when we lost 3-0 in the Cup to Bruce Dyer and Palace). Neither have been to a match since. 

I tried to give them up for adoption, but my wife wouldn't let me.

I've a 6 month old son and naturally can't wait for the day I take him to his first match, but I don't wanna take him too early,... You want them to be able to remember their first match, I still remember vividly walking out the double decker to see the pitch for the first time, it took my breath away!

If you take them too young, its more for your benefit than theirs really

I was speaking to a steward at the Derby home match this season, another steward came up and said that he had just had a woman arrive with a pushchair having just given birth, he told her that children under 2 were not allowed into matches, she had just come straight from the hospital and even bought the baby a ticket before it was born, he didn't have the heart to send her home so let her in the disabled section. No quite sure if that is superb loyalty or extreme stupidity. 

Do you go to many games 'Finners'? Like others, I sense you're more keyboard warrior than loyal supporter?

I'm a season ticket holder, 'Col.'

I always assumed you never went, it seemed kinder than believing you watched every minute and still drove 'Babs' nuts spewing the rubbish you do.

And I am a kind hearted soul.

I was speaking to a steward at the Derby home match this season, another steward came up and said that he had just had a woman arrive with a pushchair having just given birth, he told her that children under 2 were not allowed into matches, she had just come straight from the hospital and even bought the baby a ticket before it was born, he didn't have the heart to send her home so let her in the disabled section. No quite sure if that is superb loyalty or extreme stupidity.

The latter. I'm surprised you even have to ask.

I'm a season ticket holder, 'Col.'

I always assumed you never went, it seemed kinder than believing you watched every minute and still drove 'Babs' nuts spewing the rubbish you do.

And I am a kind hearted soul.

I genuinely don't believe you. I think you stay in to dribble over Champions League when City are playing at home on a Tues night.

So that you can bleat on about Mourinho and how he's ruining football and the such like...

:thumbup:

Archived