Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Where do you think we will finish next season?

Honesty Time.  

352 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish next season?

• Top 4
    • 5 - 7
    • 8-12
    • 13- 17
    • 18-20

Welllll...

Following this reasoning, that it is pointless to speculate as all the facts are not yet known, maybe the poll questions should have been 'Where do you think Leicester will finish in the 2013-14 Championship' then???

spec·u·late [spek-yuh-leyt] Show IPA

verb (used without object), spec·u·lat·ed, spec·u·lat·ing.

to engage in thought or reflection; meditate (often followed by on, upon, or a clause).

to indulge in conjectural thought.

to engage in any business transaction involving considerable risk or the chance of large gains,especially to buy and sell commodities, stocks, etc., in the expectation of a quick or very large profit.

Go on...engage in some conjectural thought, you know you want to !! lol:thumbup:

We can't speculate though mate, not really.

It's too soon to do so at the moment. Who knows what will happen to Villa, Newcastle, Hull etc. how they will all shape up next season, who they will sign, who we will sign etc.

A thread like this one near the beginning of next season would be more interesting cos it would be based more on informed opinion. Now, it's just pie in the sky stuff to be honest. Did you mean it when you said 6th?

We can't speculate though mate, not really.

It's too soon to do so at the moment. Who knows what will happen to Villa, Newcastle, Hull etc. how they will all shape up next season, who they will sign, who we will sign etc.

A thread like this one near the beginning of next season would be more interesting cos it would be based more on informed opinion. Now, it's just pie in the sky stuff to be honest. Did you mean it when you said 6th?

There can be another thread like this one near the start of the season.  This one will be long forgotten by then.

Do I seriously think we can finish 6th???

I think 6th is the highest we can realistically finish if we sign some cracking players, get off to a good start and build momentum, stay injury free and basically have a good dollop of luck.  I'm genuinely not scared of most teams in the PL.

Anywhere north of 10th would be fantastic though.

There can be another thread like this one near the start of the season. This one will be long forgotten by then.

Do I seriously think we can finish 6th???

I think 6th is the highest we can realistically finish if we sign some cracking players, get off to a good start and build momentum, stay injury free and basically have a good dollop of luck. I'm genuinely not scared of most teams in the PL.

Anywhere north of 10th would be fantastic though.

So what you're basically trying to say is that you think we aint a bad side and that the Prem aint 'all that'... wrapped up in a 'where will we finish' poll?

So you don't take any stock in the argument that we've only just gone up so it's wise not to raise pressure and expectation levels too far before we can better see how we might get on?

Remember how that ended up when we were under Sven?

So what you're basically trying to say is that you think we aint a bad side and that the Prem aint 'all that'... wrapped up in a 'where will we finish' poll?

So you don't take any stock in the argument that we've only just gone up so it's wise not to raise pressure and expectation levels too far before we can better see how we might get on?

Remember how that ended up when we were under Sven?

Our failings under Sven were nothing to do with pressure and expectation levels. It was down to having some terrible players and a somewhat inept manager.

Our failings under Sven were nothing to do with pressure and expectation levels. It was down to having some terrible players and a somewhat inept manager.

We were the envy of the Championship with our squad under Sven so to say the players were terrible is inaccurate. They were good enough, Sven just couldn't get the best out of them like he did with Naughton and Pearson realised they signed for Leicester for the wrong reasons (money) and got rid of them.

If you believe that you're a fool. Bookies favourites, 15 million spent on players, Real Madrid pre-season all added up to a squad where performances on the pitch did not match both fan and media expectation. And ultimately cost Sven his job.

Personally, I have no expectations for next season. I'm going to sit and watch and will give some sort of verdict on how I think we'll do after at least ten games or so.

There's a difference between feeling optimistic of our chances and predicting top six based upon a series of 'ifs'.

:angry:

How the fook can anyone have the faintest clue till we see what the squads look like!!

lol

Some clubs are in healthier positions than others. I think it's possible to make a decent guess of how strong certain teams will be.

I find my predictions don't change much with the new information anyway. Plus I know I'll get it wildly wrong as I always do  :blush:

What are you, fvcking retarded or something?

So last season you spent abusing someone for saying we will get relegated, and this one you insult me for being optimistic???

If you could please let people know with some transparency exactly how optimistic or pessimistic they were allowed to be, it would save much turmoil !!   lol

For the record, if the players cannot handle fan optimism then they will never handle the media pressure cooker which is the Premier League.

Since when did people on here take themselves, or for that matter what is said on here, so seriously???

:nigel:

We were the envy of the Championship with our squad under Sven so to say the players were terrible is inaccurate. They were good enough, Sven just couldn't get the best out of them like he did with Naughton and Pearson realised they signed for Leicester for the wrong reasons (money) and got rid of them.

And two of his most high-profile signings (with Danns) are now in a struggling Bolton team. The players are individually talented but the fact remains that they don't perform consistently at that level. And whether you like it or not, that makes them terrible players.

Where as I hope for a solid mid table finish, I do tend to agree with col that untill we know who comes in it's difficult to assess our chances. If you look at the results from this year, yes I know they are cup games and don't count, against PL sides we shipped a few goals and I for one belive we need to make major improvements in the defence

Archived