Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Someone earlier up the thread mentioned how shite The Juke is. For me he's been excellent so far he's a real Dyche type player, he's filled the Vokes role very well. Apparently we are in for George Boyd and possibly back in for McArthur now you're not interested.

I do think we will both stay up. I think we have shown plenty already again very good opponents, and it's really easy/lazy punditry to say we will be bottom.

I get the Dyche irritation, but, as mentioned he's worked miracles for us, so how can we criticise at the moment? Personally I find Nigel monotone and he sends me to sleep, but he does his job very well. My only criticism would be he's perhaps overlooking some of your heroes from last season by splashing so much cash (pound notes) on replacements already.

Someone earlier up the thread mentioned how shite The Juke is. For me he's been excellent so far he's a real Dyche type player, he's filled the Vokes role very well. Apparently we are in for George Boyd and possibly back in for McArthur now you're not interested.

I do think we will both stay up. I think we have shown plenty already again very good opponents, and it's really easy/lazy punditry to say we will be bottom.

I get the Dyche irritation, but, as mentioned he's worked miracles for us, so how can we criticise at the moment? Personally I find Nigel monotone and he sends me to sleep, but he does his job very well. My only criticism would be he's perhaps overlooking some of your heroes from last season by splashing so much cash (pound notes) on replacements already.

Who's been replaced?

Only one new player has started this season, and that's Ulloa. Vardy's been injured, so basically no-ones been replaced by big notes

Dyche did a fantastic job last season, no-one has ever doubted that and it's great that clubs with lower budgets can still be successful. Just don't feel he needs to mention the difference in finances before the games any more, we can all see it and as you showed today that gap can be bridged on any given day.

As we've said, nothing against the Burnley fans who we've never had an issue or rivalry with, just find the manager a bit repetitive.

So Cambiasso is on the bench?

James, Hammond and Drinkwater all out injured. Currently Taylor-Fletcher is being used as a make-shift central midfielder and he isn't much of a 'hero'.

It's called strengthening the side. It's what you're supposed to do when you get promoted.

I think the feeling amongst a lot of us is that we haven't strengthened enough.

Without being harsh you've done terrible in this window. I mean - Sordell and Jutkiewicz - really?

No but I don't see him as a replacement for anybody, but for another option when we play different formations. He's more likely been brought in to sit behind Drinkwater and James (when he's back) in the formation rather than to kick one of the two out of the squad.

It's called strengthening the side. It's what you're supposed to do when you get promoted.

I think the feeling amongst a lot of us is that we haven't strengthened enough.

Without being harsh you've done terrible in this window. I mean - Sordell and Jutkiewicz - really?

Sordell, yes. But Jutkiewicz has looked very good.

This might sound mad, but personally I love playing the underdog, as does Dyche. I wouldn't want us to spend 6/7/8 million on a player, I think it's mad. We don't have a big money backer.

This might sound mad, but personally I love playing the underdog, as does Dyche. I wouldn't want us to spend 6/7/8 million on a player, I think it's mad. We don't have a big money backer.

We also love being underdogs

You might not have big money backers but you've still got money

I realise that, and I don't think you should be breaking the bank. Then again some of your signings have been crap at Championship level (part of me feels the same about McGoldrick should we sign him, though he had a good last season).

Dyche likes being the underdog, you don't say lol:D 

I don't think you can blame other clubs for spending money if they can afford it. Which brings me to the point - what's happened to all the promotion money? (And since you mention big money backers, what's happened to FFP for that matter?)

Spending money isn't always bad, despite what Dyche would have you believe. We've far from replaced our whole team. I'd guess we've improved on 2-3 positions out of the 11 - at a push. In reality, we've really just created competition for places. There's every chance that in a few weeks we could still be playing our best 11 from last season.

I realise that, and I don't think you should be breaking the bank. Then again some of your signings have been crap at Championship level (part of me feels the same about McGoldrick should we sign him, though he had a good last season).

Dyche likes being the underdog, you don't say lol:D

I don't think you can blame other clubs for spending money if they can afford it. Which brings me to the point - what's happened to all the promotion money? (And since you mention big money backers, what's happened to FFP for that matter?)

Spending money isn't always bad, despite what Dyche would have you believe. We've far from replaced our whole team. I'd guess we've improved on 2-3 positions out of the 11 - at a push. In reality, we've really just created competition for places. There's every chance that in a few weeks we could still be playing our best 11 from last season.

They've spent money. Signed four players for money, all undisclosed obviously so Dyche can continue to play the pauper but we've spent 3 million more than them at most.

You can't judge either of our seasons yet. From our point of view we've lost to the Champions elect, outplayed the team sat in 2nd and got a 0-0 against United, yet sit bottom.

Palace and Sunderland up next, we will know more then. I actually fancy you against Arsenal tomorrow.

What was the result? Missed that one. Guessing you won if you outplayed them?

How did Chelsea ruin Ba, he was never that good in the first place.

He was settled in Newcastle and scoring well thus adding to the entertainment value of Premiership then he went to Chelsea and got placed on the bench a lot which affected his form. 

Archived