Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

United are going to do some serious over-spending this summer. They are under huge pressure. Southampton are going to get over £50 million for Shaw and Lallana. Frightening how much the production line of talent has gone from from them in the past 8 years or so.

As soon as Liam Moore plays a couple of games and performs well he will be worth 10 million odd the hype and over inflation of players value for English players is crazy, you wouldn't get that in Germany or Spain.

"For me, Clive, the Shaw's, Lallana's and Walcott's of this world are top, top players in the best league in the world. The Ibrahimovic's and Costa's just don't turn up against English sides".

Thing with Shaw is that even though he's 18, you're buying quality now. He's got ridiculous potential but he's a top LB already, and it's good to see a LB who can beat his man and put in a wicked delivery.

It's hard to justify paying that much money for anyone but in the current market it seems about right. He needs to improve his positioning but he'll become one of the world's best LBs in my opinion.

Saw we're 16/1 to sign Micah Richards. What's he on, 100k+ a week? :nigel:

I think Liam Moore, after 5 premier league starts, will be worth in the region of £7-9m.

:vardy:  will score over 11 top flight goals (all things being equal).

:wasyl: will get at least (likely more) 2 red cards over the season. And I'll just love him more for it.

Other teams will exist, there will be a title fight, a European places fight and a relegation battle. None of which we will be part of.

Liverpool won't finish top 4.

Arsenal will win the league.

Burnley will finish bottom.

:drinky:  Will be highlighted on Match of the Day a handful of times and Gary Lineker will, at some point, utter the line 'is he really a serious contender for England?'

They're all my predictions for now, will be happy if 1 of them is correct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27372342

Aston Villa: Owner Randy Lerner to put club up for sale

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is expected to announce on Monday that the Premier League club will be put up for sale.

The American assumed control of Villa in 2006 after a £62.6m takeover was agreed with the club's board.

"A statement is expected and the signs are he's going to put Villa up for sale," said BBC reporter Pat Murphy.

Villa finished the 2013-14 season in 15th position, five points above the relegation zone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27372342

Aston Villa: Owner Randy Lerner to put club up for sale

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is expected to announce on Monday that the Premier League club will be put up for sale.

The American assumed control of Villa in 2006 after a £62.6m takeover was agreed with the club's board.

"A statement is expected and the signs are he's going to put Villa up for sale," said BBC reporter Pat Murphy.

Villa finished the 2013-14 season in 15th position, five points above the relegation zone.

Really think Villa will struggle again next season, I can honestly see them going down.

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!

:vardy:

In an odd way, it have not sinked in that we are back in Premiership and will not be until I see BBC Sport refreshing their current Premiership table.

It's not hit me yet either but that's probably the best way to make it sink in! lol

I'm really looking forward to this summer. World Cup year, prem fixtures released and exciting transfer dealings. What a contrast to this time last year. After that horrendous day at Watford I don't think I spoke for a week.

This summer is going to be one big party.

Can't look past Man City or Chelsea for the title. Man City will add to an already ridiculously talented squad. If Chelsea sign a goal scorer they'll push them all the way. Liverpool missed the boat this season but will challenge again along with a rejuvenated Man U. Arsenal will fade after a promising start and poor January transfer window. They'll finish 5th and Arsene will walk away.

Burnley, Villa and West Ham to go down. Burnley won't spend any pound notes. Villa are a shambles and West Ham will sack Allardyce because the fans think they are Barcelona. They should be carefull what they wish for.

Leicester will fly out the traps and be in the top half at Christmas. The season will fall away slightly and we'll finish a respectable 15th after a successful FA cup run to the Semi Finals.

First managerial casualy - Paul Lambert

You heard it here first.

Villa are a very attractive proposition for anyone looking to buy a football club. A club with rich history whilst also having a top ground and top class training facilities. With the right investment, and manager, they'll be a top 10 club sooner rather than later. 

Villa are a very attractive proposition for anyone looking to buy a football club. A club with rich history whilst also having a top ground and top class training facilities. With the right investment, and manager, they'll be a top 10 club sooner rather than later. 

Potentially yes, but getting the right owners and management is the hard part of modern day football. They could equally end up like Leeds.

Archived