Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Well we got a 2 million loan fee for Remy and his wages paid by Newcastle last season. Harry's permanent signings since he came, Remy and Samba, Simpson 27, Austin 24, Phillips 22 Karl Henry 30 and of course Dunne, over 30 but still had a good season. So a spread of ages. So I take it that if Leicester are in relegation danger in January you want them to stick with the squad and not go for any players who may keep them up?

Guest MattP

Well we got a 2 million loan fee for Remy and his wages paid by Newcastle last season. Harry's permanent signings since he came, Remy and Samba, Simpson 27, Austin 24, Phillips 22 Karl Henry 30 and of course Dunne, over 30 but still had a good season. So a spread of ages. So I take it that if Leicester are in relegation danger in January you want them to stick with the squad and not go for any players who may keep them up?

Absolutely, this is the tightest knit group of players we have had since the MON days, they all care about each other and seem to really care for the club they are playing for. It was an absolute joy to behold watching them all work their socks off for each other last season whilst gelling together and playing some wonderful attacking football.

I hope we stick with them for the whole season and give them the chance to survive even if it looks desperate at times, I;d much rather see us do that than start throwing money at a few mercenaries who would have no intention whatsoever of returning to the club were we to end up being relegated.

Just a little update for everyone..

Premier League ins and outs so far:

Arsenal

In -

Out - Fabianski, Sagna, Aneke, Bendtner and Park.

Aston Villa

In - Leggett, Nehime, Senderos and Cole.

Out - Albrighton and Delfouneso.

Burnley

In - Kightly.

Out - Edgar, Stock, Treacy, Liversedge and Stanislas.

Chelsea

In - Fabregas.

Out - Kalas, Cole, Eto'o, Hilario, Hutchinson and Lampard.

Crystal Palace

In -

Out - Alexander, Chamakh, Dikgacoi, Gabbidon, Moxey, Parr and Wilbraham.

Everton

In -

Out - Springthorpe and Vellios.

Hull City

In - Livermore and Snodgrass

Out - Dudgeon, Faye, Fryatt, Henderson, Jakupovic and Koren.

Leicester City

In - Barmby, Upson, Albrighton and Hamer.

Out - Taft, Dyer and Futacs.

Liverpool

In - Lambert and Lallana.

Out - Luis Alberto, Ngoo and Sama.

Man City

In - Sagna and Fernando.

Out - Pantilimon, Barry, Lescott and Nimley.

Man United

In - Herrera and Shaw.

Out - Macheda, Barmby, Ferdinand, Giggs, Vidic and Buttner.

Newcastle

In - Perez, Colback and De Jong.

Out - Newton, Gosling, Ameobia and Richardson.

QPR

In -

Out - Hughes, Mbia, Johnson, Young, Ephraim, Balanta and Hitchcock.

Southampton

In -

Out - Leggett, Robinson, Nehime, Fox, Barnard, do Prado, Forte, Lambert, Lallana and Shaw.

Stoke City

In - Bardsley, Sidwell, Diouf and Teixeira.

Out - Aguedelo, Etherington and Kightly.

Sunderland

In - Gomez, Jones and Pantilimon.

Out - Bardsley, Knott, Gardner, Cuellar, Dossena, Egan, Ustari, Vaughan, Westwood and Colback.

Swansea City

In - Fabianski, Gomis and Kingsley.

Out - Lita, Meade, Ngog and Situ.

Spurs

In -

Out - Gomes, Lancaster and Livermore.

West Brom

In - Lescott and Gardner.

Out - Jones, Allan, Anelka, Gayle, Gera, Lugano, Reid and Ridgewell.

West Ham

In - Zarate and Kouyate.

Out - Cole, Collinson, Driver, Spence and McCartney.

Guest MattP

No guarantee that signing more players will make you better either.

As Col City Fan has said on here, QPR's record under uncle 'Arry is worse than it ever was under Mark Hughes but of course, Redknapp is popular so that don't get mentioned. :thumbup:

Hi Guys,

Top 8 finish! All the money we are spending! What planet is this guy on?

So far we have not made one signing/ spent any money this transfer window. I've no idea who be in our 25 for next season so to guess where we will finish next season is stupid.

I suggest that shows that MattP is simply making stuff up? To suit an argument.

:thumbup:

I don't think QPR will go the same way as Portsmouth, the owner seems more clued up and eventually I believe he'll want to move away from throwing money around and become more prudent. I don't think Redknapp will go beyond this season, whether they stay up or not.

you can call samba a loan a 2.6 million loan :P

Matt, as I said I'm not a great Redknapp fan, but to be fair to him, he didn't sign, Luke Young, Anton Ferdinand, DJ Campbell, Bothroyd, SWP, Boswinger, JS Park, Estaban Granero, Stephane MBia, Samba Diakite, Rob Green and then two weeks later, Juilo Cesar, Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnson. They were all signed in the two seasons before he arrived and contributed to the oft quoted wage bill. Some of them still have years left on their contracts and Redknapp had to pick up that mess. Compare that lot to the Harry signings I listed above and I think he's done a lot better.

Redknapp signed the biggest willy puller in football, Assou-Ekotto, therefor Harry Redknapp is a willy puller.

Yes, ok, maybe Luis Suarez is the biggest willy puller actually, but at least he see's football as more than a job. :D

Guest MattP

Matt, as I said I'm not a great Redknapp fan, but to be fair to him, he didn't sign, Luke Young, Anton Ferdinand, DJ Campbell, Bothroyd, SWP, Boswinger, JS Park, Estaban Granero, Stephane MBia, Samba Diakite, Rob Green and then two weeks later, Juilo Cesar, Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnson. They were all signed in the two seasons before he arrived and contributed to the oft quoted wage bill. Some of them still have years left on their contracts and Redknapp had to pick up that mess. Compare that lot to the Harry signings I listed above and I think he's done a lot better.

Only Arry could inherit a squad full of supposed World Class internationals and it be referred to as a mess, if anyone else had that lot in the Championship they would be absolutely derided for not getting them up automatically.

Though that's not the reason people are taking the piss out of Harry.

As I said earlier, the reason people are taking the piss as because he turns up saying "how can a club like this have players on 80k a week with a 18,000 stadium, it's madness", then less than two weeks later brings in Samba on 100k a week and Loic Remy on god knows how much, it's the fact he just manages to churn out non stop bullshit and expect no one to pick him up on it.

No one is denying Hughes cocked up, but looking at that squad he had in the second level of English football, no doubt 4th place was an underachievement, he's just managed to 'do a Holloway' and get away with doing a pretty poor job by sneaking up through the play offs.

And as Albert said, anyone who signs ABE should seriously look at themselves in the Mirror, though if was Arry I really wouldn't recommend that either.

Only Arry could inherit a squad full of supposed World Class internationals and it be referred to as a mess, if anyone else had that lot in the Championship they would be absolutely derided for not getting them up automatically.

As I said earlier, the reason people are taking the piss as because he turns up saying "how can a club like this have players on 80k a week with a 18,000 stadium, it's madness", then less than two weeks later brings in Samba on 100k a week and Loic Remy on god knows how much, it's the fact he just manages to churn out non stop bullshit and expect no one to pick him up on it.

No one is denying Hughes cocked up, but looking at that squad he had in the second level of English football, no doubt 4th place was an underachievement, he's just managed to 'do a Holloway' and get away with doing a pretty poor job by sneaking up through the play offs.

And as Albert said, anyone who signs ABE should seriously look at themselves in the Mirror, though if was Arry I really wouldn't recommend that either.

Have you read Redknapp's autobiography or is that full of 'non stop bullshit' too?

If it was, do you not think someone may have taken action against him?

Redknapp claims that Fernandes signed Samba and also that Samba suffered a crisis of confidence whilst at the club.

He also claims that the dressing room was one of the worst he'd ever experienced. All lies Matt? Or do you actually know otherwise? If so, tell us. Genuinely, tell us.

I don't want to get into an argument with you, but what are you basing your views on? As in, facts?

The one thing I do agree with you over is Assou-Ekotto.. never rated him.

Guest MattP

Have you read Redknapp's autobiography or is that full of 'non stop bullshit' too?

Redknapp claims that Fernandes signed Samba and also that Samba suffered a crisis of confidence whilst at the club.

He also claims that the dressing room was one of the worst he'd ever experienced. All lies Matt? Or do you actually know otherwise? If so, tell us. Genuinely, tell us.

Of course it will be non stop bullshit, everything else that comes out of his mouth is so why would it be any different in print? How do you take action on a matter of opinion anyway? You can't, you can give opinions that are complete bullshit and easily get around libel laws. This is a man who had a team of barristers that managed to convince a jury he knew nothing about a bank account in his dogs name that was funnelling money into his account, he doesnt know what Ladbrokes or Betfair is and that he couldn't use a mobile despite being pictured numerous times using a mobile phone. I'm sure wording isn't too much of a chore.

So Samba turned up for 6 months and had a crisis of confidence, top man management that.

I certainly believe him that the dressing room was one of the worst he had experienced mind, you could see that with them on the pitch at times, thats what happens when you load together overpaid egos.

Gerrard has asked him to name and shame the England players who he says wont turn for England duty, has he done so? Has he balls. Probably because thats more made up shit he has come up with as he's still jealous of Hodgson getting the job over him. You're the only one on the whoe forum that doesn't see it Col. It isn't hard if you open your eyes.

I don't want to get into an argument with you, but what are you basing your views on? As in, facts?

The one thing I do agree with you over is Assou-Ekotto.. never rated him.

If the chairman signed Samba, on massive wages a few weeks after Redknapp said it was ridiculous that QPR were paying massive wages to players, wouldn't Redknapp put up some resistance to that signing, or at least ask why it was happening again?

Guest MattP

If the chairman signed Samba, on massive wages a few weeks after Redknapp said it was ridiculous that QPR were paying massive wages to players, wouldn't Redknapp put up some resistance to that signing, or at least ask why it was happening again?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9836987/QPR-manager-Harry-Redknapp-is-close-to-signing-Christopher-Samba.html

"He (Tony Fernandes) asked me about a week ago if I would be interested if he could get me Samba and I said 'of course, he is a fantastic competitor'."

You have to admire Tony Fernandes, running around scouting in the Russian league while his manager can't find a player.

Unless of course, 'Arry is bullshitting again, it sounds like Sven's book from what Col has says, any signing that worked was mine, any that didn't was a player I didn't really want lol

Of course it will be non stop bullshit, everything else that comes out of his mouth is so why would it be any different in print? How do you take action on a matter of opinion anyway? You can't, you can give opinions that are complete bullshit and easily get around libel laws. This is a man who had a team of barristers that managed to convince a jury he knew nothing about a bank account in his dogs name that was funnelling money into his account, he doesnt know what Ladbrokes or Betfair is and that he couldn't use a mobile despite being pictured numerous times using a mobile phone. I'm sure wording isn't too much of a chore.

So Samba turned up for 6 months and had a crisis of confidence, top man management that.

I certainly believe him that the dressing room was one of the worst he had experienced mind, you could see that with them on the pitch at times, thats what happens when you load together overpaid egos.

Gerrard has asked him to name and shame the England players who he says wont turn for England duty, has he done so? Has he balls. Probably because thats more made up shit he has come up with as he's still jealous of Hodgson getting the job over him. You're the only one on the whoe forum that doesn't see it Col. It isn't hard if you open your eyes.

What I've tried to do is clarify how biased some opinions appears to be Matt.

1.It would seem you haven't read the book so have made no attempt to get the man's own view on the stuff you are talking about?

2. He was acquitted.. fact.. not YOUR (or anyone else's) opinion, but ultimately that of a jury.

3. You have no idea whether he is 'jealous' of Hodgson. The idea seems quite laughable to me.

4. It's assumed he signs every player he's ever managed. He's made it clear, in print, that he hasn't.

5. I believe you basically said he'd blown it last season, then he gets promoted.

6. Only today, it's been pointed-out by someone with more knowledge of QPR than yourself, that he didn't sign the bulk of the squad still at QPR, that hardly any players have been signed and in the words of one of their fans 'they don't know what planet you are on'.

7. He has made it clear that he won't 'name and shame' because he doesn't want to cause trouble for the players, the FA and its after the event. But the concept of English players not wanting to play for England is one I find highly believable. Christ, even many of those actually at Brazil didn't look like they were too bothered.

Matt, no disrespect, buti simply see you as someone I'd hear blowing-off in a boozer about Redknapp this, Redknapp that.. and just switch off when you were challenged and simply retorted to yet more hearsay.

So if I'm the only one who doesn't 'see it'.. you may be correct. But I'll stick with my view.

Guest MattP

What I've tried to do is clarify how biased your opinion appears to be Matt.

1.You clearly haven't read the book so have made no attempt to get the man's own view on the stuff you are talking about.

2. He was acquitted.. fact.. not YOUR opinion, but ultimately that of a jury.

3. You have no idea whether he is 'jealous' of Hodgson. The idea seems quite laughable to me.

4. You assume he signs every player he's ever managed. He's made it clear, in print, that he hasn't. But no, because MattP says this, it's gotta be right?

5. You basically said he'd blown it last season, then he gets promoted.

6. Only today, it's been pointed-out by someone with more knowledge than yourself, that he didn't sign the bulk of the squad still at QPR, that hardly any players have been signed and in the words of one of their fans 'they don't know what planet you are on'.

7. He has made it clear that he won't 'name and shame' because he doesn't want to cause trouble for the players, the FA and its after the event. But the concept of English players not wanting to play for England is one I find highly believable. Christ, even many of those actually at Brazil didn't look like they were too bothered.

I simply see you as someone I'd hear blowing-off in a boozer about Redknapp this, Redknapp that.. and just switch off when you were challenged and simply retorted to yet more hearsay.

So if I'm the only one who doesn't 'see it'.. you may be correct. But I'll stick with my view.

1. Read numerous extracts, which in general tend to bit the best and most controversial bits and they are the selling point.

2. He was, although as I've explained before, an acquittal doesn't mean the jury believe you.

3. Given he thought he was the new England manager and says it was his 'lifelong dream' I think an educated guess would tell anyway he would probably be jealous of the man who got it in front of him.

4. Yes I assume the manager signs players. Harry hasn't yet been in charge of Real Madrid so I'll continue to presume that either he signed them, or was asked if he wanted to sign them.

5. He did blow it, he completely threw it away then snuck up via the play offs, he pulled a Holloway.

6. I never said he did.

7. If you believe that fair enough, personally I believe he wont name and shame as he can't. How would it damage anything anyway? It wouldn't, if anything it would help us weed out those who dont want to play for their country. He would be commended and the FA and Roy Hodgson have asked him to name and shame so his excuse (if that is it) is an obscene cop out.

You sound like the guy blowing off the boozer about how we would win the World Cup with Harry in charge, bring Arry in yeah, cracking job at Pompey, proper geezer as well, players would love him. Top bloke. Legend.

This defence you have of him is beyond weird, it really is.

Hold on, so Redknapp's word, in writing, is gospel now? The other day, written quotes from Redknapp stating he would have taken the same World Cup squad as Hodgson was apparently cobblers, because in Col's opinion Harry would have taken John Terry and Ashley Cole to the World Cup. Is it that Redknapp's words should be taken straight up and fully believed, unless they don't agree with Col's opinions, in which case they should be immediately disregarded?

and just switch off when you were challenged and simply retorted to yet more hearsay.

Pot, meet kettle. :fishing:

redknapp is a bellend, i'm not sure why anyone would argue otherwise. his own family probably wouldn't even try and argue with you about that. dunno what he's ever done for col but jesus christ it must have been something sensational

Couldn't have put it better if I'd tried

Nice update Grandad.

Best signing so far for me, apart from the obvious being Fabregas, is Siem De Jong to Newcastle, they needed to sign some quality after Cabaye left, and now hopefully they have found it in Siem De Jong, could set the Prem alight next season, quality player.

Archived